PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo upgrade

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-15-2004, 01:11 PM
:D I just logged into my Yahoo mail, and they have upgraded their free accounts to 100MB storage and 10MB file attachment size!!!:D (It used to be either 4 or 6 MB - depending on when you signed up, and 3MB attachment limit).

I was thinking about changing to Google Mail, but now I don't have to!!

Yahoo for Yahoo!!

tatsxxx11
06-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Just noticed that on my Yahoo acct. too! I use it to do my reacue work, handling the applications, and I can REALLY use the extra storage space! I was always in the "red zone!":D

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I was happy when they made it so bulkmail didnt count against the storage limit! Yay for the atachment size!!! Yay for storage!!!

dukedogsmom
06-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Isn't it wonderful? I was using 16% of my mailbox before and now it's only 1%. Wonder how they can afford to do that?

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Anoying popup ads, advertisments, partnering up with SBC for DSL service...pay features like some of the Yahoo games...people that actually pay for the deluxe email, people that actually PAY for yahoo messenger...they get money from ALL kinds of places. Yahoo corp is actually one of the few .coms that are doing well...check out the stock value and other financial info *if you're interested in that sort o thing* Here (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=Yhoo).

They have a lot more money than people think ;). Besides, upgrading the storage limit and such on emails for them isn't expensive especially if they are partnered up with any other technology company.

Edit: I just checked, at market close today they are doing better than Microsoft! :eek:

jazzcat
06-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey cool, I hadn't logged in for a couple of days and didn't know they were doing that. Yeah.

RedHedd
06-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I heard they're trying to compete with Google's new e-mail service.

G.P.girl
06-15-2004, 05:11 PM
google has an email now? cool. but i'm loyal to YAhooooooo. i didn't even notice the storage thing. that's cool. BTW, does anyone have the new yahoo messenger? i do, it's pretty cool

MariaM
06-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey, that is WONDERFUL! Not that I needed the extra storage space, I was only like 16 or 20 or something. But the attachment thing is great, everywhere I tried to send songs, but they were too big. Hopefully it'll work!!!!! I'm so excited!! (I have to convince my friend that country rocks lol)

dappledoxie
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I saw this today too, I was so happy! lol

I didn't realize there was a new messenger for Yahoo, like an upgrade or something?

G.P.girl
06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
yeah, they totoally re-did the messeger, actually it just looks different and there are some new (really cute) smilieys and little things you can use while talking to people and there you can listen to yahoo radio while your signed in and stuff like that. i think they're trying to make it better than MSN and AIM