PDA

View Full Version : Reintroducing Cat Families

Ben E Gas
04-09-2001, 03:36 PM
Is it wise to reintroduce a cat that was taken from his family? I got Zezu from my friend who could not care for him and the others. They were all split up but one who stayed with the mom cat. Zezu looks just like his mom. Zezu is also about 7 months old now as is his sister who lives with his mom. I was wondering what you think the reaction they'd have towards each other would be. Has anyone reunited a family?

The problem is, I'd only bring them over for a while and then I'd have to take Zezu home. Will his Mom remember him? Will they be sad to split up again?

He was the top cat out of his three siblings. They all followed Zezu around.

I probably won't do this, but I just thought it might be a fun thing for Zezu. what do you think?

[This message has been edited by Ben E Gas (edited April 09, 2001).]

Logan
04-09-2001, 11:01 PM
I've only tried this with dogs, Ben, but they have no memory whatsoever, which is kind of sad.....

4 feline house
04-10-2001, 12:47 PM
Ben-that doesn't mean that you can't take him to visit anyway - my sister frequently takes her cat to vist our parents, and her cat feels like it is her "vacation" home - none of the resident cats resent her and she doesn't feel threatened. Try it, and if he doesn't seem stressed, nor do the residents, there's no reason not to keep letting him viist.

Ben E Gas
04-10-2001, 01:24 PM
thanks for the tips!!

nsweezie
04-29-2001, 03:15 PM
My friend and I have cats that are brothers. I took Clyde for a visit not too long ago, and he did not remember his brother.
I imagine that the cats would get along eventually, but that they wouldn't necesarily remember thier siblings.