PDA

View Full Version : My dads dog is sick :(

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 10:04 AM
I don't come over to Dog that often but your positive thoughts would help...

My dads doberman has some sort of lymph node problem. The vet says it might just be an infection but it could be cancer too. The vet should call this morning some time :(. Blue *da pups name* Is 8 yrs old and still acts like a puppy. He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, I'm just worried about him. Poor Blue boy...

dukedogsmom
06-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Poor Blue! Get well soon. My Duke is 11 and acts like a puppy a lot of the time. Maybe Blue's puppy attitude will help him get well easier.

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 10:13 AM
I hope so. He plays a lot with my mix puppy *she isn't much older than 2 we think* and was out last night in the yard playing tug of war with his face all swollen. It was like the swelling didn't bother him at all. The vet said yesterday that it didn't seem like it was sore to the touch and he didn't find any growths on the left side of his throat only the right side. He said with cancer it usually is in both sides if there is swelling but...:confused: . Dads last Doberman went to the RB at 13, I hope Blue lives that long too!

I heard somewhere that cancer is a big problem with Dobies, is this true?

K9soul
06-15-2004, 10:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with dear Blue. He sounds like a special boy.

I'm reminded again today, a very difficult day for us here, how precious our pets are, and so even more heartfelt prayers are on the way for your Dad's Blue.

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Thank you K9, that means a lot to me

CatMama78
06-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Lots of prayers and good vibes for your dad and his Blue.

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Update:

The vet called, its just an infection, with meds he will be ok!!!

Yay for Blue!

teenster3
06-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately this is what I found:
In the world of purebred dogs every breed has its host of genetic health problems. Dobermans and Weimaraners are no exception. Cancer, cardiomyopathy and cervical vestibular instability (CVI or Wobblers) are known as ‘The Three Cs’. These are the deadly diseases to which many Doberman deaths are attributed. Weimaraners also fall victim to a host of cancers. Sadly, there is no cure for any of these 'Three C's'. Hypothyroidism and hepatitis are found in some Doberman bloodlines more than others, and the breed also has a few eye diseases, hip dysplasia, renal problems and von willebrand’s disease (vWD).
You can look up other sites if you wish, I just thought I'd help you find something on this as I do not know much about this breed!
I hope that I didn't make you feel worse.....
I'm sure BLUE with get through this with flying colors!
My thoughts are with you & your family!!!!!

anna_66
06-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Update:

The vet called, its just an infection, with meds he will be ok!!!

That's great:D

tatsxxx11
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Oh what GREAT news!!! I'm SO happy for your Dad and for dear Blue! Happy dance:D

K9soul
06-15-2004, 03:45 PM
That is just wonderful news. I'm so very happy for dear Blue and for your Dad and family who obvioulsy love Blue deeply. :)

ComedyDevil
06-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Thats great! I'm glad Blue's ok :)

lizbud
06-15-2004, 07:46 PM
It's good to know Blue will get better.:) Dobie's are great
dogs. Do you have a picture of your Dad's pupster? I've known
a few, but never had this breed before.

DJFyrewolf36
06-16-2004, 10:24 AM
I have some digitals of Blue Butt *thats what I've called him since puppyhood lol* at my mums house. I'm going over there this weekend and will prolly start a thread of ALL the puppies *I have lots of pix of the dogs but haven't posted them!*
Pix Soon!