PDA

View Full Version : Dirtnap A Guard Dog???

ScoobyDoo-Doo
06-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Miracles upon Miracles Dirtnap is a Guard dog!!! Despite having cataracts in both eyes, nerve deafness, and arthritis, Dirtnap can guard!!!
Last night, I came home late after my friend having her baby. My 2 dogs Scooby and Shaggy greeted me at the door as usual. However, Dirtnap barked! I mean he REALLY BARKED!!!:eek: He stood at the stairwell and kept barking instead of greeting me! I had to go find him and let him know it was me!
This whole time I had NOT noticed that he had been protecting me. :) When he first arrived he could NOT climb stairs so he wasn't in my bedroom. Now he can walk up and down stairs and he lies in my bedroom doorway.
I thought he was just doing this so the Cat could NOT get out. Later in the night he would move to the stairwell middle landing. Have to step over him EVERY morning!!! He is a SOUND sleeper!
Now I know that he is actually doing this behaviour to guard me! I reckon he is starting to like me now.:) I am just so proud of him!!!
My only problem is he will sleep through almost ANYTHING!!! So I hope no one comes in if he is EVER sleeping!!! He'd sleep right through it!!!:rolleyes:
Just had to brag about my 'Dirty Boy" ;)