PDA

View Full Version : If you hit the jackpot, what would you use it for?

teenster3
06-15-2004, 02:40 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just trying to come up with different ideas to ask.
I'd 1st pay off all my debt, then take care of family & close friends, then buy a house with tons of land for the many, many, many homeless animals & give money to people who care for animals!!!

binka_nugget
06-15-2004, 03:02 AM
I'd pay off my mom's debt, buy a place with lots of land for myself, the dogs, my siblings, my mom and grandma, start a rescue, spend some on tuition for university and invest some.

RobiLee
06-15-2004, 06:11 AM
I would also pay off debts. Probably buy a new home with some land. My big dream right now is to buy a big SUV and travel trailer or motorhome and do lots of traveling with my girls. I would also try to help out close family and friends. It all depends on how big that jackpot is...lol ;)

CatMama78
06-15-2004, 08:49 AM
First I'd quit this stinkin job :). then I'd purchase a nice house, not huge but nice, have it decorated. Buy a car I really want. Then I'd travel probably for a week, two times a year as I can't stand to be away from my guys. Besides helping out my family, I'd live off of it, assuming it was enough to do so. The main thing is I don't want to work. I just want to volunteer.

G.P.girl
06-15-2004, 08:52 AM
it depends how big the jackpot is...if it were alot , like 36 mil or somethings then i'd:
first set aside more than enough money for me to get through college and have an apartment near camus adn buy the things i need and not have to work. then i'd buy my mom a house, then i'd set aside money that i can't get to until i'm 30(when i have my head screwed on right ;)) and then i'd do the same for my brother and sister only i probly wouldn't give them as much. then i'd put it in the bank to gather interest for a while, then when i'm older i can open my own shelter/farm/vet clinic. and of course i'd buy things for my close friends and stuff.

oh yeah...we can't forget that 6 month trip to the bahamas ;)

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 09:27 AM
I'd probibly invest a large part of it in funds that would provide for me for the rest of my natural *and some of my unatural ;)* life. I'd pay off all my debts and my parents debts and I'd probibly end up kicking some to my brother to pay his debts off too. I'd more than likely buy my parents retirement house *they plan on building a farm to rescue chickens and other abused livestock, its a big problem!* and buy my brother a nice home for his family. Then its me me me me me!!! I'd buy a shelter, not only one that caters to dogs and cats but one that also handles reptiles, birds and small animals *too often I see critters get PTS just because no one wants to "deal" with them* I know lots of people willing to voulenteer!
Ugh, to eliminate a headache, I'd end up buying my mom-in-law a car so I don't have to hear the hubby whine about fixing her cars all the time. I'd have to buy my dad a Jaguar roadster *his dream car* and me...I'd keep the one I have except it would actually have a PAINT JOB! I'd move to Oregon and plant roots there, maybe as a side income *all the proceeds fund the shelter* Id open up a nightclub ;).

Ok so Ive thought about this...living in Nevada you always think a little bit about wining it big. Too bad all the jackpots go to tourists lol. Hey, someone come out here, Megabucks is due to hit soon and thats like an 18 million dollar prize! :D

CatMama78
06-15-2004, 10:25 AM
the lotto here is up over 100 million :D I'm playing - hey you never know right! Another thing I would do is give enough money so that, Op. Kind. here could build an additional cat wing to take in more cats. Or I was thinking of starting my own rescue.

teenster3
06-15-2004, 10:33 AM
100 million???
Could you imagine what you could do with 100 million$$$$$$'s!

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Erm quit my job and become a professional PT surfer lol?

Uabassoon
06-15-2004, 01:17 PM
I'd pay off my debts, then give a nice amount of money to my family. I'd buy a big house and a few more kitties and maybe a dog. Then of course I would donate some to the shelter then put some of the money in savings.

petlover
06-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh, I would buy about 3000 acres. I would pay a lot of money to have some men build the perfect dream house the way my mom, dad, and I would tell them. I would have my own 3 story barn with 20 stalls and my 2nd bedroom upstairs with purple carpet and lazers, lava lamps, just a really cool hangout. I would have about 4 horses or more, a heard of sheep, A LOT of cattle, pigs, chickens, ducks, and a lot more. I would have my own indoor and out door arena built. I would have awesome 30 mile trails going everywhere. I would have very huge ponds everywhere for the ducks, horses, and cattle. I would have an animal rescue, and I would pay the local rescue people, and people that need money for their Animal Rescue. Ok, I'll stop now before I get into my tack for my horse, and grooming and automatic waterers and feeders.. Ok, I'll stop.:) :p

Aspen and Misty
06-15-2004, 02:31 PM
I would SAVE IT till I was 24. Then I would do what I already plan to do...open up my own Shelter for unwanted animals!

Ash

G.P.girl
06-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CatMama78
the lotto here is up over 100 million :D I'm playing - hey you never know right!

when you win big...don't forget all the little people ;) j/k

Katiesmom
06-15-2004, 11:03 PM
I would also pay off my debts, finish building my house, put money way for my sons college, help the homeless human and animals and help the sick and whoever else needed money:D

Rio and Me
06-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Oh i often dream about that,lol (i play somtimes).
I would buy the house of my mums choice for her, my brother can live with mum untill he's mature enough then i'll buy him a house, me house to live in with my best mate (if we cant live together i'll buy her a house, by me,mum and bro and best mate a vehicle of there choice.
Large sum to my family split.
Holiday for the above and me.
Save some.
Live a live of luxuary
Ky
PS i wouldnt change and i would share with charties

joycenalex
06-16-2004, 06:03 AM
like everyone else, i'd pay off mine and my moms' debts, set her up in comfort so she can totally quit the parttime job (she's 70, she should get to enjoy her life). then i'd contact the local homeless shelter and the osu vet school to set up biweekly vet days at the shelter, so the homeless can get their animals checked, tags, rabies s/n, that kind of stuff. oh yeah, it's sure make my next job review easier too!;) ;) :p :D

lisalee
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Well, first I have to start playing to win. If I ever won a huge amount of money I would help out as many homeless, abused animals that I possibly could. I would love to buy a huge house for all the poor animals that have been so unloved for so long in shelters and see that they had a place to live out the rest of there life and be very happy. I'd do as much as I possibly could for animals.

Lisa & Sash

Fox-Gal
06-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Like everyone else, pay off my debts. Then have my log cabin built, fill it with antiques. Then buy me a Porsche 911 and the rest would go into stocks. Then sit back and wait for the checks to come in and enjoy life. :D

And of course, everyone of my pets would get the best of everything. And if there is every a way possiable, get Mooch's eye site fixed. I'll even give up my 911 for that dream.

slick
06-16-2004, 11:46 PM
1. Pay off my mortgage
2. Pay off my visa bill
3. Put a huge amount in my RRSP
4. Pay for my Mom's house repairs
5. Donate a huge amount to animal rescue organizations such as JenL's
6. Whatever is left will be invested.

jenfer
06-17-2004, 01:21 AM
I would pay off all my debt, buy a decent big house, probably get a better car, invest some of the money and then search for my "real" dream. :) (Now THIS is dreaming...lol)