PDA

View Full Version : Gift Swap information SENT!

Kfamr
06-14-2004, 06:59 PM
I just finished sending the last gift swap PM.

Please check your PM's for a message with the subject of: "PT Gift Swapper"
Some of you recieve more than one PM, since some information did not fit into one. Please make sure you fully read all PM's. :)
If you did not recieve a PM, please either post here or PM me.

The following information was sent with everyone's PM, and I figured I should post it along here too. (Not exact message, but similar)

PT Gift Swap (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49882)
You are FULLY RESPONSIBLE to send a package to this person no matter who they are.
You have approximately 2 months to send your packages out.
NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, AUGUST 16TH. PACKAGES MUST BE IN THE MAIL BY OR ON AUGUST 16TH.
NO backing out.

DO NOT discuss who your swapper is until he/she has recieved their package.
This means, no posting about your swapper on the boards, any online journals, PM's, etc.
If you have any questions to ask your swapper, or any general questions at all -- PM amy(Wolf_q) or Me. We will ask your swapper your question so that the senders remain a secret to the recieptants.

Have fun shopping! And remember, August 16th is the final day to send!!

Cincy'sMom
06-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Kay, I have not received a PM. I will check my other oaccount to see if it is there, but if not, could you resend mine please?

Cincysmom
06-14-2004, 07:05 PM
I found it!!! Sorry for the confusion!!

Kfamr
06-14-2004, 07:06 PM
You're right, I sent it to "CincysMom"....
Only because that's how I typed it on the list in the first place.
If you can't get it form the other account, let me know and i'll send it again.

*edit* Nevermind then. :p

Miss Meow
06-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Yay! You and Amy are wonderful! :)

zippy-kat
06-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Online shopping is WONDERFUL! I just completed an order for my swapper!! :D

MariaM
06-14-2004, 08:12 PM
lol zippy-kat!

I received mine! Thanks Kay and Amy (? I think)

countrycowgirl
06-14-2004, 08:28 PM
YAY!!! I got mine I can't wait to go shopping I have sooooo many ideas :D :) :D

molucass
06-14-2004, 08:37 PM
yeah... i got mine... thanks....

Karen
06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Got mine - wheeeeee! Can't wait to start a'gatherin'!

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I got mine! Woo Hoo!

Corinna
06-14-2004, 11:04 PM
got mine this Morning already planning stuff . are you putting a earliest time to send like last time or is it just the lastest to have it mailed? Thanks guys your terrific.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-15-2004, 12:23 AM
I got mine!!!

HUGE THANK YOU to Kay and Amy for organising this!!!!

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 12:28 AM
You can send it as early as you want, just nothing late! ;)

teenster3
06-15-2004, 12:51 AM
ok,
So I signed up and got my swapper info. Is it easier to order online and send it that way? Or, just buy from local stores and send it? Either way...I'm content , just wondering which is easier or which is faster???

luckies4me
06-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Got mine! :D I'll be shopping ASAP! :D

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 12:58 AM
I've personally never bought anything online, but I'd think shopping and then sending it would be faster and easier.

NoahsMommy
06-15-2004, 01:25 AM
WOOHOO!!! I'm thrilled and cannot wait to shop for my swapper!!!! Yippee!! Off to shop tomorrow!!!! :D :D :D

neko1
06-15-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm so excited!! Can't wait to start shopping, I already have a couple of things in mind...:D

anna_66
06-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Got mine;) Thanks!

catlover4ever
06-15-2004, 09:05 AM
I got mine....I'm so excited. Well, off to do the shopping!!!! :D :D

robinh
06-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Got mine! BIG THANKS to both of you for taking the time and making the effort to put this together.

Now.......shopping. Love to shop for somebody else's pets. And as long as I'm there - mine too. :o

MariaM
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
lol Robin. ;)

I bought one thing on online before... (My HP 5 OOTP book) but...I think it would be easier to buy it and send it (not online). Whatever floats your boat! (and isn't illegal...) ;)

zippy-kat
06-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Hee hee heee.... I'm *almost* done shopping! Now just hafta find a big box and wait for my online orders to come in! :D

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 07:50 PM
I hope everyone is satisfied with their swappers, Amy and I tried to do the best we could!

jazzcat
06-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Kay thanks! I think you and Amy did a great job. I'm very happy with the person & furkids I get to buy for. I've got some ideas and I'm going to start shopping later this week.

MariaM
06-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Kay - I also am happy. My swapper fits really well with what I asked. Thanks!

RobiLee
06-15-2004, 09:38 PM
I've been shopping today...woo hoo...i love shopping!

teenster3
06-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Kfamr...
Just out of curiousity, how do you pick the people to swap for?
I'm fine with who I got considering I don't really know anyone well yet.

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Well, first we tried meeting to everyone's requests (Cat only, no rodents in the home and specific people etc..) then we just randomly swapped people with who was left. :)

sirrahbed
06-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Since this is my first time - my enthusiasm is high and I went all over the place yesterday finding the items I wanted! I wanted to KEEP them but I didn't!!! The package is filled and ready to mail out TODAY:D
So, as people receive their packages - is the idea to share the opening with the board??? Is that part of the fun? I hope to see what everyone receives and who got who - is that part of it??? Or am I getting carried away here....Let me know!!

luckies4me
06-16-2004, 10:07 AM
People usually post pictures once their package arrives. :) It makes it so much funner to see everyone enjoying their gifts. :)

I had to go to work yesterday (at Petco) so I get a really good discount and since things were on sale I picked up a ton of stuff for my person afer the store closed, and also got some things for my furkids too, and some much needed papaya tablets for my new bunny. :) I love shopping for my person. I still have a few things I want to get but it will have to wait until my next paycheck. Then I can go crazy shopping, hehe. :D

Amber
06-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Ohhhhh I'm so excited!

Were going shoppping next week! yay!:D

sirrahbed
06-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
People usually post pictures once their package arrives. :) It makes it so much funner to see everyone enjoying their gifts. :)

Goody!!! That is what I was hoping!:D

DogLover9501
06-16-2004, 11:05 AM
I have no idea what to buy for my swapper and furkids, They really didn't say much about what their furkids like or what they need lol I'll try to do my best though!

Thanks Kay and Amy for organizing this :D

Kfamr
06-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Remember Robyn, if you need any help or have any questions on what to buy, ask Amy or I. Alot of people have asked me already and i've directly asked their Gift Swap person for them (in fact, I think I have some PM's waiting for me to do so that I got today, but I just woke up and i'm afraid of sending PM's to the wrong person. Plus, the Swap list is on the other computer. :p )

I'm going shopping today, although I have a whole box full of toys that I bought a long time ago. (And almost every toy Nala's tried to steal.:rolleyes: )

sirrahved
06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
I already sent my package out... I had such a fun time! What a blast!

kimlovescats
06-16-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm very excited to shop for my person too! It will be a couple of weeks ... the end of the month when the monthly paycheck comes in though!;) I hate being on monthly salary with hubby's new job ... lol, I am terrible at stttrrrrrrrrrretching it a WHOLE month!:rolleyes:

MariaM
06-16-2004, 05:01 PM
sirrahved, you already sent yours out! I haven't even gone shopping yet! I plan to soon, but Yorkton is half an hour away and we don't go there that often, once a week if I'm lucky.

anna_66
06-16-2004, 06:37 PM
I did a small bit of shopping today. When I got home I put the bag in the kitchen chair and Roxey started howling:rolleyes: She just knew it was for her! Not!!!!

Kfamr
06-16-2004, 07:45 PM
We did all of our shopping tonight. :D
I'm going to make some things for the human then the package will hopeully be in the mail by tomorrow.

I might need a bigger box. :eek:

luckies4me
06-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks Kay and Amy for getting this thing together. I love participating. I can't wait to see what my pets get, and the reaction from the person I give to. I love buying things for people, and even more so for their pets. If I ever had a chance to get a gift certificate anywhere it would be Petsmart LOL!:D

jenfer
06-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I got my list! And I did a bit of shopping online yesterday... just a few more stuff to get. I guess I will do that after my dad left. :D It's gonna be fun.

RubyMutt
06-16-2004, 11:05 PM
:eek: I can't believe some of you are finished already!

I'm browsing online right now for some gifts :D I can't wait to start seeing photos of what everyone has received!

jazzcat
06-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Wow, I had no idea some of you would be done shopping and ready to mail this fast. I've ordered something online and I'm hoping to get to the stores this weekend if not then I will next week. I'm having a hard time on deciding what fur toys to get. I think my person/furkids have most things I had planned to buy. Hmmm, what to buy...

I'm trying to talk hubby into going to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg because there are some really neat stores where I could find some unique things. If I get my painting project done in time maybe we can go Saturday.

This is fun!

Kfamr
06-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Gatlinburg is AWESOME!!
We went there once while visiting my cousin in Tennesee.

jazzcat
06-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Gatlinburg is AWESOME!!
We went there once while visiting my cousin in Tennesee.

I live about an hour and 15 minutes from there - when the traffic isn't bad. We go up for the day often, but not as much lately since I need to stay close to help my Dad. Actually I haven't been since Christmas. Before the trees in my backyard grew too tall you could see the Smoky Mountains from my sunroom on a clear day, especially in the winter when the tops are snow covered.

Kfamr
06-17-2004, 12:54 AM
My cousin lives about an hour I believe... In Maryville. Tennesee is so gorgeous in that area, with all of the foothills and mountains. We swam in the river there.... And jumped off this one cliff that was near it. Then we went into Gatlinburg, and when on the skylift thing. :D