PDA

View Full Version : the GOATS!

jenluckenbach
06-14-2004, 02:51 PM
I never posted the goats before. let me introduce Capra and Koza:

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/General%20Pictures/Capra001.jpg

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/General%20Pictures/Koza02.jpg

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/General%20Pictures/Koza01.jpg

They are pigmy goats.

EssTer
06-14-2004, 02:52 PM
awww :) How cute goats :) Thanx for sharing pics :D

Uabassoon
06-14-2004, 02:53 PM
I love goats! They are one of my favorite animals. You goats are so cute! Hopefully someday I can own goats again.

ComedyDevil
06-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Aww! They're gorgeous! I love goats, they're so cheeky and inquisitive.

There were pygmy goats at the barn where I used to keep my horses. They looked just like the goat in the 2nd and 3rd picture :) I miss them.

We used to take them for walkies, and I know one lady who has two that pull a carriage (although my Jerry could give them a run for their money :p )

anyways, great pics! thanks for sharing :)

carole
06-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics Jen, I had a pet goat as a teenager, her name was Trixie, and she was a fiesty dark marbled grey and white goat, I used to take her to the roadside every day in the morning,but oneday she pulled me right in front of a car, she was extremely strong, but it was to her benefit, because from that day on my parents insisted she stay on the ten acres, we had a nice gully at the back, and she was in goatie heaven, she had the best grass and companions, the cows.

She used to head butt our dog Scottie, he soon learned to keep out of her way, and my mother would never beable to get past her to give the chooks their bread , without giving Trixie hers first, she was a bossy goat for sure, but I loved her all the same, I also remember once she got out, not sure how, and went down the road and ate some poisonous plants, my mother gave her baking soda, and you guessed it Trixie survived.:)

trayi52
06-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Jen, I didn't know you had goats too! They are so pretty! I am also a goat lover. How do you do it, cats and goats?

Thanks for sharing!

Willie:)

Aspen and Misty
06-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Jenn...YOU HAVE GOATS???????? Since When????

What else are you hiding over there?

Ash

leslie flenner
06-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Are they expensive to feed? What possessed you to get goats in the first place? (What "inspired" you, I should say!). Are goats smart? How long do they live? Can they be house trained? Like pot -bellied pigs can be housetrained?

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 09:05 PM
These are YOUR goats??? Why have you been hiding them from us ... they are adorable!!! My Mom-in-law has probably 50 or more goats now! I think hers are Boehr (sp?) goats? :D

Cookiebaker
06-14-2004, 09:30 PM
You have GOATS??? I am *so* jealous! All my friends laugh at me and say that a goat is the only thing I'm missing, and my menagerie will be complete ;)

They are so CUTE! I just love their beards!

Please, please please, more pictures?!?!?

RubyMutt
06-14-2004, 10:04 PM
I never knew you had goats!

I adore goats, they have such wonderful personalities :)

More photos, please!

leslie flenner
06-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Rubymutt- what are their personalities like exactly? Do they make great pets and would my landlord mind much?

popcornbird
06-15-2004, 03:09 AM
Jen? You have goats?!?!?! :eek: My goodness! And exactly WHY have you been hiding them from us all this time? I LOVE goats!!! They're my dream pets! One day, I want to have a little goat of my own. How many do you have? Where do they live? They're sooo cute! Thanks for sharing........and you should be ashamed of yourself for hiding them from us this whole time. ;);)

Just kidding. :p He he.........Now that I know, I'm going to be begging you for goat pics all the time!

jenluckenbach
06-15-2004, 04:45 AM
:D:D:D

The goats live at my dad's house.

When I was 14 and was not allowed to have indoor pets, cats and dogs were a dream of mine, I read in the newspaper about a baby goat for sale and asked if I could have it. And much to my surprise the answer was YES. WE brought Jay Goat home at 3 months old and he grew to be a nice sized Alpine cross with an impressive set of horns. I loved him. He died an untimely death :(:( a few years later. And then we got Kriket. She was with us for quite some time until she became paralyzed in her back legs and had to put her to sleep. Then we got the pigmies. WE got the small ones so my mom would be able to handle them better (they are incredibly STRONG!). But these 2 have never bonded with people like most goats do and are quite aloof.

I don't believe goats are house trainable, they are definitely barn pets, but their personailies are the BEST! They are curious and people oriented and funny to watch.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-16-2004, 04:19 AM
WOW I had no idea you had goats too!!! They look so cute!! What else are you hiding????:D

catmandu
06-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Jen , they are Great Goats! Is it true that they eat Tin Cans?Is therefoid that you have to buy , or does your Dad , just have to mix it , like you do , for cows?

tatsxxx11
06-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Awww, what cuties Jen!:D Your critter experience runs the gamut:) I adore goats! Lots of people round here have goats and sheep...so sweet!:) I have enough property to have a few but I think Star and Cody would go nutz...and pay in the "end!":D

catlover4ever
06-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Jen, you are just the Jen of all trades!!! ;) ;) Sorry I could not resist. I absolutely love goats. I don't know very much about them but I just love the way they look....they are just tooooo cute. :o :o

DJFyrewolf36
06-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Those are a pair of cute goats! A friend of mine had a goat but he was really mean. He tried to gore people with his horn if they wandered too close to his "territory" *he only had one horn, never found out why* and he would be sitting quietly or eating one minute and then he would charge the door to the house like he wanted to bust through!

Guess thats why they named the goat Schitzo lol. He got along with me though, I was the only one who could pet him. He seemed to enjoy the attention but boy if someone else came around he would have a major fit!

You should post more goat pix...there arent a lot of them on here. Hey, has a goat ever been POTD?

carole
06-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Gary goats are notorious for eating just about anything, My adopted uncle used to breed and have milking white goats, long time ago now, but they were so cute, I used to holiday as a kid with them(oops excuse the pun) and loved patting them, helping milk them and seeing their babies. ah those were the days.!!:)

Fox-Gal
06-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Awww you have Goats too. We have 3 and I love them to death, except the smelly part of them. LOL We call ours "the fancy weed eaters" A whole huge feild to eat grass and they have to stick their head through the fence and eat the grass on the other side. :confused: At least it keeps that part of the fence weed eated. :D

Hey, has a goat ever been POTD?

I think thats a graet idea, a Goat as POTD. You know there haven't been many of them as POTD.

heinz57_79
06-17-2004, 12:44 PM
I love goats! I wish i had the room to have a couple pygmies... and a pot bellied pig! LoL :D

QueenChyna
06-20-2004, 01:15 AM
aww coool i love goats! they r so kool and i love the spunk that they have in them! they can really bond with people if they want to, i have a bunch of goats on my farm. there is one little buck (male goat) that i raised and his name is casper and he bred the does and we had a bunch of little kids jumping around! it was so cute! we don't let them grow horns cause then they hurt eachother and accidents can happen, when they r babies, we use this special little horn burner , yes it does kinda hurt at first but not even for a day and we put this stuff on them so it doesn't get infected. and we milk our goats cause we need it for the baby mule deer fawns and sometimes elk calves.i love this time of year, all the babies are being born! They r all so cute!

QueenChyna
06-20-2004, 01:17 AM
i will try to put up some pics of my goats and the deer, elk etc... the baby deer r cute cause they r wearing diapers!