PDA

View Full Version : Job interview at Petsmart today! any advice?

wolfie
06-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I have a job interview today. I'm so nervous! :(

Anyone work at a petsmart/petco, or applied there? What kind of questions will they ask? I've never had a job before, or had a job interview, so I don't know what to expect.

Any advice?

ComedyDevil
06-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Hmm. Ive never been to a job interview either, so im not much help there, sorry!

I'm looking for a job too! I've (hopefully) got an interview at a shelter next week so looking forward to that, even though im really nervous.

Anyway, good luck with your interview! :)

Corinna
06-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Good luck and I'm pulling for you.

anna_66
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by wolfie
Re: Job interview at Petsmart today! any advice?

Be yourself:D

Good Luck!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Good luck with your interview.

The best thing is to try to relax and be yourself. Also it helps to know the company you are applying with, and ask a couple of questions at the end of the interview, to show you are keen and interested.

luckies4me
06-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Well having just went back to work part time at Petco for easy money I can tell you, it was the worst "interview" I've ever had. They didn't ask anything about my past employment, and all the manager did was basically talk about himself and his fish. :rolleyes: It was not proffesional by ANY means, but I got the job. I thought they would have cared to to ask basic questions, such as past employment history, what your strengths and weeknesses are etc. NOPE! The guy was pretty much falling asleep while talking to me....

Just be yourself and be honest. Tell them why you want the job, because you love pets and love educating others on proper pet care. Let them know you are excited to learn sales, and be friendly and in high spirits. :) Good luck!

wolfie
06-14-2004, 10:06 AM
thanks again everyone. I hope it won't be too hard.

binka_nugget
06-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Everytime I get an interview, I think of questions they are likely to ask me. The hardest one I've ever done was "Tell me about yourself". They're not really looking for the amount of siblings you have or what your favorite hobby is (unless it is related to the job) so that would be a good one to think over. Try searching google. I spent a couple hours reading over some things and boy oh boy, did it ever help me on my interview.

trayi52
06-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Good Luck, Rachel! I hope you get the job. Keep us updated and let us know how everything turns out.

Willie:)

moosmom
06-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Good luck on your interview.

I interviewed with them a while ago after applying 3 times!!! They'll ask you questions like, "What would you do if a customer asked you where the dog leashes are located??" "What is the one accomplishment you've done that you're proud of??"

A word of warning though. Don't get your hopes up. I did and boy was I ever let down. My interview went very well, or so I thought. But evidentally I didn't have enough piercings and my hair wasn't purple or pink. Just be yourself and hope for the best.

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Robin :)

wolfie
06-15-2004, 07:13 PM
So... I was a bit off with the date of the interview. lol. It's not for weeks! But I'm going to apply at other places this weekend. Thanks everyone for your advice! ^_^

dappledoxie
06-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, good luck when the time comes, be yourself. :D

Lillycat
06-16-2004, 04:29 AM
just be you!

RICHARD
06-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Smile, don't chew gum and cross your legs at the ankle!:cool: