PDA

View Full Version : What Are Some of the Strange.....

heinz57_79
06-14-2004, 12:16 AM
things your dog does??

I was just sitting here, watching Arthur steal my popcorn, when he goes into the kitchen, dumps out his water bowl then brings me the empty bowl to refill... And it got me thinking about all the other strange habits he has.

Like he'll go up to Charlie (and has even started doing it to Chloe once in a while) and sit on him. Just sit on him. Uses him as a cushion. Doesn't even look. Sits on his head, his butt, wherever his rump rests. We keep thinking it'll be interesting when he tries to do this when he weighs 100 lbs. LoL I keep trying to get a pic of him doing this, but i never have my camera handy

Chloe is my brain child. She knows all sorts of nifty tricks. But, on occasion she gets so excited that she'll run thru all the commands; sit, down, bang!, sit pretty, etc, before she gives me the look that says "Ok... i don't remember what command she gave me, but I know I must have got in there somewhere... do i get a treat now???"

And Charlie will get a wild hair up his @$$ and start running back and forth and back and forth... sliding into the front door, doing a fake and running back into the kitching, faking out the water bowl and running back into the living room... Then it's into the bedroom, on to the bed, back into the living room, up on the couch.... You get the idea...

What kind of odd things do your dogs do? :)

shais_mom
06-14-2004, 12:33 AM
steals my Kleenex, ask anyone at the dog park, if I am blowing my nose, Keegan is right there b/c I might drop it!

builds 'nests' while I am gone? every time I come home my kitchen/bathroom rugs are all over the place!!!

BCBlondie
06-14-2004, 03:44 AM
LOLL Those are funny

My dogs have their own eating spots, but they always trade with each other.

Sesh likes to stick his big nose into everything (like dog, cat, people butts, your leg when you're sitting trying to eat lol, under your arm, just anything and everything lol he's a very nosey dog :p ).

Miksy eats and drinks off the very side of the bowl.. he never eats/drinks from the middle.

Monica snorts :p

Miksy loves to rip up used toilet paper and leave it all over the bathroom and kitchen floors.:eek:

Miksy howls along with fire trucks... Monica tries but it sounds like someone is torturing her :rolleyes:

Seshy grins when he's excited.. just shows his front teeth lol.

Megan doesn't ever really do anything odd...

Canis Amicus
06-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Rex will throw his tennis ball into his water bowl, then fishes it back and continues to play.

Rosana
and
Rex (German Shepherd, 3yo)

anna_66
06-14-2004, 09:01 AM
One thing I find strange about Roxey is that somehow (it's beyond me how:confused: ) she know when she's going to get to go with me. I'll call them as usual to go outside and normally they all run to the door. But on these occasions she will act like she's going to go to the door (to fool Angus & Huney I'm supposing;)) and then sidetrack under the table! It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. She's so sneaky:D

And talk about strange...it doesn't matter if I've filled every water bowl with fresh, clean, cold water...if there's a small puddle of water outside that's where she drink from:rolleyes:

The only thing I find strange about Angus is that if either of the girls are laying in his way and he can't get around them, he won't just walk over them he will growl and bark for us to make them move so he can go through!

What a bunch of goofballs I have:p

ComedyDevil
06-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Lets see:

Ollie paddles in the water bowl.

Toby has an irrational fear of going down steps, so he does it with his eyes closed :confused:

And everything Squid does is strange.

He licks the window constantly
He fights with himself in the mirror
He's afraid of any toy that squeaks
He likes to sleep on the scanner
He climbs the curtains
He licks his paws and washes himself like a cat
:rolleyes:

mruffruff
06-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Bear eats most of his dinner, then barks at the few kernels that are left. I have to empty them onto the floor before he'll eat them. :rolleyes:

And fool that I am, I do it:D

Mary