PDA

View Full Version : Dinner and Transcendentalists

Karen
06-13-2004, 11:21 PM
We had a lovely dinner this evening with Barbara and Siegmar in Concord, Massachusetts! Concord is the home of - among other things, Louisa May Allcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry David Thoreau and the birthplace of the American Revolution - the "shot heard 'round the world" was right here in Lexington/Concord. They saw lots of historical places and monuments, and things made by Thoreau, in whom they are interested, and then went to see Walden Pond. After their busy day, we picked them up at their hotel and had a nice dinner at Concord's Collonial Inn, an establishment Thoreau lived at for a time.

Barbara and Siegmar were very nice, and we chatted and chatted and heard what a nice time they have had in Vermont and Chicago meeting Pet Talkers and pets! And they brought a very nice present for Miss Hoppy all the way from Germany - three different seed-type treats in one box. One appears to be made mostly of parsley seed, we've never seen one like it here! I will try to get Miss Hoppy's picture with it, I promised!

We had such a nice time talking that we kept going until we were the only patrons left in the restaurant!!! Barbara said "In a German pub, they'd be putting the chairs up on the tables by now!"

Here's a picture of them outside the inn, I didn't take too many pictures, we were too busy chatting, mostly!

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Great picture! sounds like fun!

LOL.. the two of them are going to have so many pictures of themselves by the time they get home! :p

Corinna
06-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Man you east coasters are making me so green with envy. Doesn't any one want to come to Montana? Oh yah I know one who maybe coming:D (let me know for sure and when so I can let you know where I will be)
Glad for The travelers having such a good time.

Dogz
06-13-2004, 11:48 PM
I am glad that you guys had a good time!

Thanks for sharing the picture, Karen. I can't wait to see the picture of Miss Hoppy!!

neko1
06-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Man you east coasters are making me so green with envy.

Don't feel bad...no one wants to come to Jersey either:o :(

sasvermont
06-14-2004, 06:45 AM
I am glad that B & S made it to Mass. and had the opportunity to meet Paul and Karen. It sounds as though a good time was had by all. Nice photo of B & S!

My cats miss B & S and have reduced themselves to sniffing the room and dresser for some evidence of B & S! I promised the kitties that they would return.

And I promise to take more photos on Sunday and Monday.

SAS

ramanth
06-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Sounds like you're having a great time! :D

lynnestankard
06-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Lovely to catch up with Barbara and Siegmar during their holiday like this:D

Glad you had a lovely evening together.

Lynne

Logan
06-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Isn't this wonderful? I'm so happy to hear that you and Paul had the opportunity to meet Barbara and Siegmar, Karen!!!!! :) I'm only envious that we weren't a part of the party.

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Wow, what a wonderful visit you all had! Great picture too! Thanks so much for sharing!:)

Vermontcat
06-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks Karen, for posting an update on the travels of Barbara and Siegmar.:)
The photo of them is great and it looks like they are still having a wonderful time.

Edwina's Secretary
06-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I have never known two people who can pack so much into such a short time! They will need a vacation from vacationing!

But what a thrill to see so many Pettalkers!

lizbud
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
The dinner sounds wonderful. Good friends, good food in
pleasant surroundings. :) Thanks for the pictures.

Karen
06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Don't feel bad...no one wants to come to Jersey either:o :(

Hey, hey - we had Pet Talk PA last spring - quite close to NJ, and some of us drove through NJ to get there! And a certain New Jersey-ite didn't come ...

And I'd be willing to go to Montana! Maybe not able right now, but willing, certainly! I wanna go everywhere!

Randi
06-15-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm glad you got to meet B & S. Knowing them, I'm sure you had a great time! :D Lets hope Barbara has energy to log on to PT when she gets home! LOL!

Thanks for the picture. :)