View Full Version : Starting a Fund Raiser for Jasper

Dogz
06-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Hello PTers,

As some of you may have read, Jasper has been having some health problems. For those of you who have not heard about Jasper, here are some links.

"Tomorrow we're going to find out!! *Pics too*" (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50546)

:(:(:( We didn't find out...:( (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50639)

:( Didn't find out anything again(also bad news) (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50941)

I hope those links help you to understand Jasper's story.

Here is my idea. Robyn said that she and her family is short on money. The approximate rate she gave me for Jasper's medical needs was $200.

Well, I have been thinking about this for quite a while. I really want to help with Jasper. I don't know if any of you have been thinking this, but maybe we could give Robyn and Jasper donations. What do you think?

I would love some ideas, about money differences, how to send the money, etc. Anything! Any ideas will help this get started.

Please let me know what you think.

-Emma

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Ask Robyn to talk to her vet about it. If he/she accepts donations, then get the vet's information.... that way, people can send their money directly to the vets.

That's what we did when we needed help with Orion, the kitty. :)

Dogz
06-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Ask Robyn to talk to her vet about it. If he/she accepts donations, then get the vet's information.... that way, people can send their money driectly to the vets.

That's what we did when we needed help with Orion, the kitty. :)

Also, a few people gave the idea of opening up a PayPal account. That way, people can just add to the account. I don't know much about the PayPal stuff, maybe someone can fill me in on how this works.

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 11:07 PM
I *think* PayPal charges for it's service. Not much, but still.. every penny is worth something!

RobiLee
06-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Kay's idea sounds good.

Karen
06-13-2004, 11:24 PM
When a certain kitty in Canada had big vet bills, we worked with the vet's office so people could donate directly there. I think that's the best idea.

Dogz
06-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Karen
When a certain kitty in Canada had big vet bills, we worked with the vet's office so people could donate directly there. I think that's the best idea.

I agree, this will work nicely. I will talk to Robyn about it.

dukedogsmom
06-14-2004, 10:27 AM
I agree about sending money to the vet. A lot of us don't have Paypal accounts. Since I quit doing my credit cards, I don't want to put my debit card there. I would be willing to help a little.

DogLover9501
06-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Wow, Im glad other people would like to help!

I was really flattered when Emma PM'd me, that people were this concerned about my little guy:D

I will definatly call my vet today and talk to her about that!

Dogz
06-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Robyn-- After you talk to you veternarian, could you please PM me the information? We will need an address (city, state, and zip code), and also a phone number.

After I get the information, I will be posting a new thread.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Just saw this -- and I think it's such a thoughtful idea, Emma.

Robyn, any word yet?

binka_nugget
06-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Just thought a few would like to know, $200 Canadian is $146.70 American.

Good luck with the donations! I'm sure we'll get 200 in no time!

EssTer
06-21-2004, 06:11 AM
I think that's great idea.. I'd love to help.. just if I'll get some money :) Hope Jasper will be OK soon..

anna_66
06-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Good idea:) Keep us updated!

Blustang24
06-22-2004, 10:48 AM
YES, I would like to help. Many of you helped out (especially on the cats side) when Orion had a broken leg. I am not sure how much, but I would like to help out. :)

CatMama78
06-22-2004, 10:55 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing about where to send donations. One question I have is will the vet accept US dollars?

Dogz
06-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CatMama78
One question I have is will the vet accept US dollars?

I will have to ask Robyn about this.

I PMed Robyn on June 17, and she replied the next day:

Yes, I have called, yesterday she wasn't in, and I called this morning when I got up...well a half hour ago lol, and they told me she won't be in until this afternoon, so she is going to call me back then, so I will get back to you :)

I haven't heard from her since then.

My Peanuts
06-22-2004, 12:45 PM
How ever you set it up, count me in. I'd love to help Jasper. :)

DogLover9501
06-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Wow, I love that so many people want to help!!

I called the vet and they told me, again, that she would get back to me before 5, she didnt get back to me on Friday.

I was really depressed for a night and half a day at the cabin, his tumor has gotten quite a bit bigger and I just worry, what if we still don't find out what's wrong with him?? This is the last thing, what else can we do?? He's 9 months old, he's suposed to be perfect :(

I keep feeling like Im scared to get attached to him, like he's going to go away, like Im going to lose him because nobody knows what's wrong with him.

I just want him to be better and the vet is slowing this down

:( :( :( :(

chocolatepuppy
06-22-2004, 03:21 PM
You may need to be more assertive with your vet and if that doesn't help, can you find another vet? The vet should be going all out to help Jasper!
And Robyn, please don't ever be afraid to love because you might lose! I knew my Mandy won't be around long when she was only 4 months old. And there is nothing I can do. We're not going there with Jasper, he's gonna get through all this I just know.Just love him even more:)That's what I do with Mandy.

dukedogsmom
06-22-2004, 03:52 PM
I agree about maybe consulting a different vet. Time is important and she doesn't seem to get that.

DogLover9501
06-23-2004, 01:20 AM
She has done alot to help him in the past, but I should probably be calling more, Im going to try again tomorrow...

I want him to get better really soon :(

heinz57_79
06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Let us know what you find out, Robyn... And don't worry about getting attached to Jasper. :) My gf is always nervous about loving our animals... she always says "How can you love something that's just gonna end up leaving you anyway?" And while I understand that, I told her that there is nothing and no one who will ever give you the unconditional love that a pet will. Don't think about what could happen with Jasper... think about NOW, think about today. Take every day one day at a time. Maybes and mights will kill you. Maybes haven't happened and probably never will. Same with mights. And never, ever give up hope. No matter how frustrated you might be. Now matter how pointless something seems, or how much you just want to say "What's the use?" dont give in.

We're all behind you and Jasper, and we will do everything we can to help. Just remember that all of us on PT are here for you. Hang tough, kiddo!

CatMama78
06-23-2004, 06:55 PM
I thought you mentioned that getting Jasper the vet care he needs might require some travel and more expense. If that's the case, don't worry about that either cause I'm fairly sure between us PT'ers we'll be able to help out. We all want what's best for him! And it does sound like your vet is not providing the best, maybe cause of lack of time or resources or whatever, but why rely on her if you might have other options.