PDA

View Full Version : What is your weather like?

RobiLee
06-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Tonite in southcentral Ohio it is very muggy and there is lots of rolling thunder and heat lightning lighting up the whole sky. It is 80 degrees.

Robin :)

thelmalu99
06-13-2004, 10:38 PM
We had a gorgeous day here in NYC. It was sunny and breezy and the temperatures were in the 70s, with no humidity. It's still very comfortable, and a nice breeze is coming through my windows.

I'm not a big lover of summertime because of the stickiness and humidity, but if every day were like today, I'd love it!

Amber
06-13-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Tonite in southcentral Ohio it is very muggy and there is lots of rolling thunder and heat lightning lighting up the whole sky. It is 80 degrees.

Robin :)

Same here, I wish is wasn't 80° It's so hot.

were getting the thunder & lightning too. It's also wet here. It's been raining hard. everything is all muggy and hot.

heinz57_79
06-13-2004, 10:39 PM
Right now in Tucson, AZ it's 8:43pm and a partly cloudy 90 degrees... sweater weather!! :D tomorrow, forcast is for 103... nice and cool... :( I'll trade for thunder storms any day of the week... altho, we should be starting monsoons here before too awfully long. Then it'll be 103 and pouring! ;)

RobiLee
06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Thelma, your weather sound so nice. No open windows here. The a/c is going strong.

Its awful isn't it Amber, its like a sauna out there. So sticky feeling.

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Supposedly it's 78 degrees, It's raining 89% humidity.
Of course, it's only night to them temp is much worse during the day.

Twisterdog
06-13-2004, 10:52 PM
It's chilly and windy. Of course, it's windy ... it's always windy here. :mad: I think it's in the 40's or low 50's right now. I wish summer would get here.

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Twister, your weather sounds perfect to me! lol

Amber
06-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Its awful isn't it Amber, its like a sauna out there. So sticky feeling.

it is awful. It just so humid out! there is times I wish it was winter!

RobiLee
06-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Twister, I love the cooler weather! Sounds great. I know I'm weird...hehehe.

It is really raining now. I mean pouring down. Lots of thunder! The girls are curled up here with me and the storm and noise doesn't seem to bother them.

MariaM
06-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Its been a good temperature, but all week its been raining/lightning/thundering lol. I like the storms, but only if they are loud and lots of lightning, but ONLY DURING THE NIGHT lol and not all week.

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh geez, you silly Ohioans, just come to Florida... now THAT is a sauna.

Shelteez2
06-13-2004, 11:22 PM
What's my weather like? Well this is what it was like at 3:30 this afternoon.....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51208

And then only a few hours later it was nice enough to take the dogs out for a walk with no jacket on.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51236

So that's our weather in a nutshell....if you don't like it....wait 5 minutes. ;)

Crikit
06-13-2004, 11:27 PM
what Shelteez said :D

Amber
06-13-2004, 11:43 PM
the storm and noise doesn't seem to bother them.

Same with my dogs. I was just outside with the dogs and I saw some heat lightning. blehhhh

minkyboodle
06-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I soo have to agree with you on that...especially if you get any moisture in your car unknowingly and have the windows shut all day and then try to get in it in the middle of the after noon, I swear...its a scorcher!!

Florida afternoons in the summer are why I only try to go out at night around those times...at least then its still muggy and hot but the sun isn't there to blister me and make it worse!!

oi....when will the winter come back!!

heinz57_79
06-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Let me tell you all about sauna... LoL I lived in Bangkok for 5 years, now THAT was a sauna! 95 degrees with something like a 75% humidity. :cool: And let me just say for anyone who looks at my weather and says, "But it's a dry heat!" Dry heat is overrated! LoL It just feels like you're in an oven, instead of a sauna.... blah... :(

RobiLee
06-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
Let me tell you all about sauna... LoL I lived in Bangkok for 5 years, now THAT was a sauna! 95 degrees with something like a 75% humidity. :cool: And let me just say for anyone who looks at my weather and says, "But it's a dry heat!" Dry heat is overrated! LoL It just feels like you're in an oven, instead of a sauna.... blah... :(

The oven statement is so true. Its a big difference. I've been to AZ twice to visit relatives and to Las Vegas once and the first thing I said when we walked out of the hotel in Vegas was "It feels like we are walking into an oven." It feels just like that kind of heat. I could really tell the difference between your hot and ours. BUT.....I don't sweat as bad with the oven heat. The humid heat here makes me sweat like crazy!

carole
06-14-2004, 04:24 AM
Its about 3 degrees c tonight, and is going to be frosty and foggy tomorrow morning according to the weather girl, but we may get a high of 17 later and that is nice for this time of year. YAHOO!!!

aly
06-14-2004, 05:25 AM
HOT and HUMID

Texas is hot from like March to November! The winters are very, very mild. Seems like we usually only get one week of really cold weather in January. Christmas Day is usually sunny and warm, hehe.

ramanth
06-14-2004, 08:26 AM
At the moment (9:30 a.m.), the skies are clear, sunny, but it is humid. We're supposed to have some storms later today.

Yesterday evening, Andy and I were watching Goonies on HBO and suddenly the screen goes red saying there is a Tornado Warning and to turn to channel 16 for details. It was actually in the county north of us and I was just peeved that it interrupted my Goonies! :D LOL!

binka_nugget
06-14-2004, 06:17 PM
It's 66 °F /19 °C right now in Vancouver; there's a slight breeze. It's suppose to warm up this Thursday. :D It's a nice change from all the rain the wet coast usually gets!

Kfamr
06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
95 degrees with something like a 75% humidity. :

That would be Florida!! lol Except, humidity would be in the 80's or 90's.

Right now, it's 90 degrees, 79% humidity, cloudy and supposed to thunder storm tonight.

dukedogsmom
06-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Two words: It's horrible! I wish that one day I'll get out of Florida and move up north. Would be wonderful to be away from these horribly humid summers and depressingly hot winters.

trayi52
06-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Here in Middle TN. it is cloudy, and been raining off and on today. The temperature isn't too bad, I don't know what the temperture is, I can just tell you it feels nice and cool outside. Yesterday we had storms in and around us, and it kept causing my dialup to drop its connections so many times, it got to be quite an aggravation!

Willie:)

ComedyDevil
06-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Whats the weather like here? Rainy.
What was it like yesterday? Rainy
What will it be like tomorrow. Probably Rainy. And maybe a thunderstorm or two.

It always rains here. Typical English stereotype weather.

Its warmish though, and id rather it was wet then super hot, so I'm not complaining :p

cali
06-14-2004, 06:41 PM
my weather is like? cold and rain, rain, rain, and more rain, and evrything is growing like mad because of it(our rubahrb has grown over the sidewalk several times just this month)

Uabassoon
06-14-2004, 07:03 PM
According to weather bug it's 102 right now with humidity of 5%. It's now officially too hot to do anything. Since there is little humdity here it's so easy to get dehydrated so I have to drink lots and lots of water.

Kfamr
06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Two words: It's horrible! I wish that one day I'll get out of Florida and move up north. Would be wonderful to be away from these horribly humid summers and depressingly hot winters.

Bring me with!!:p

Cincy'sMom
06-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

One week in July is enough for me. Whoever thought is was a good idea to dance in the middle of the day in July, was obviuosly wrong! (and yet I go back, year after year!)

Today was failrly nice here...sunny all morningand evening, rainy in the afternoon. I think it was about 85 before it rained, but cooled off some after the rain.

Miss Meow
06-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Cold, wet, windy - so glad I am inside :)

About 12 degrees C (50 F) and kept up late last night as I thought the wind was going to blow Dorothy and Toto through the roof :eek:

I bought Shane a barometer for his birthday, so we sit in the comfort of the loungeroom and watch the storm clouds brew on the screen ;)

teenster3
06-15-2004, 01:12 AM
It's funny, everyone wishes they were somewhere else sometimes don't they?
Well, put me on that list please!!!!:D
It's actually 1:16 a.m. central time here....it's cooling down now.....maybe in the 60's.
But today was a bad day for me, by the time I got to work this morning....it was only 78 but, my asthma was terrible! It's been pretty bad lately anyways...just comes & gos.
I heard AZ is a great place for people with asthma! I've never been there but, have a friend that lived there when she was a kid. She says she absolutely loves it & would love to go back someday!
I'd be content moving somewhere where it stays "nice" all year round for my gardening habits!!:)

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 03:48 PM
It is 2 pm pacific time

Outside:
Temperature (ºF) 81.2
Humidity (%) 17.4 *that is awfully high humidity for around here*

In my office:
You can practically freze meat in here, burger?

In my apartment
Take the meat from the office, and let it sit. It should be done in an hour or so ;) *no ventalation, no wind, no AC...*

joanofark
06-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Rain and sun, Rain and sun, Rain and sun, Rain and sun! Back and forth! It just can't make up it's mind!:mad: :p

anna_66
06-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Light Rain Feels Like
71°F
Humidity: 90%
Pressure: 30.08 inches
Wind: From the Southeast at 6 mph

Tonight: An isolated thunderstorm possible this evening, then occasional showers overnight. Low 69F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
Tomorrow: Thunderstorms, especially early in the day. High 83F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Rain, Rain go away come again another day little Anna wants to play:)

Amber
06-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Low: 69°F
Max. Humidity: 83 %
Were gnna some rain again tonight too

-- Tomorrow --
High: 83°F
Scattered T-Storms http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/38.gif
Max. Humidity: 76 %

-- Auglaize County is under a flood watch.. < Thats me

Lillycat
06-16-2004, 04:20 AM
we are doing the "scattered t-storms" bit, for several days now and for some days into the future......humid also, still too cicada-like (is that weather? well, it keeps me from wanting to go out in the weather.....)

lisalee
06-16-2004, 09:56 PM
My weather is hot and humid. Yucky, Yucky!! I hate this time of year. I'm not a summer person. I love the fall and the winter time. I miss the snow so much.:( (sigh)

Lisa & Sash