PDA

View Full Version : Family members on PetTalk?

sirrahbed
06-13-2004, 12:18 PM
I got this idea from Cori and her mom's responses on Tina's "tell about yourself thread":D
Are there other PT members who also have family who post here?
I am the mom of a clan who post. We are the "Sirrah" family which is just Harris backwards. (no comments Kay!!!) The last three letters is the beginning of our first names, also backwards. I am Sirrahbed, Debbie. Sirrahsim is my daughter Missy- though she is married and not a real Sirrah anymore, Sirrahved is my DIL Devon, and Sirrahned is my hubby, Dennis:)
How about other family members???

Karen
06-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Do we count? Paul and I are married to each other! We have our first names as our usernames, so that's easy!

sirrahbed
06-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Do we count? Paul and I are married to each other! We have our first names as our usernames, so that's easy!
:D I would say that certainly counts!! But, does hubby post??? I also thank you for hosting such a family friendly forum like this!!! I just LOVE it here! (probably too much as I spend more time here than I do cleaning and doing things I SHOULD)
Other families???

trayi52
06-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Yes, my sister amoore, and her husband, mahayana post here. Then there is my neice, amoore's daughter, Anathianna, who also post here.

I have been trying to get my daughter to join, but she won't do it!

But that is the only ones that post here too.

Willie:)

Dogz
06-13-2004, 01:17 PM
My cousin Rachel posts here at Pet Talk. Here username is rizzy, and that was her nickname one year.

That is the only family member that I have here at Pet Talk, but I am trying to get some other people to join! :)

Cincy'sMom
06-13-2004, 02:33 PM
PT is a familt affair for us...

The site was orignially found by my husband, SadiesDad, althoug he rarely posts.

Then I joined, follwed by my sister (Dakota'sMom) my mom (4 Dog Mother), my dad (fivedogdad) and my MIL (Grandmah) who has never actually posted..

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 03:50 PM
My mom, sister, brother, cousin Amanda, and my brother's ex Girlfriend (Lauren -- BluStang24) whom I consider a sister... all are members here. BluStang24 is the only who ever posts... The rest lurk. :p

I'm constantly telling and showing my parents about posts though, and often share their responses. My dad has also been to 4+ PT meetings (if you want to count the times we have met up with Valerie) .. So it's basically like they're a part of PT....

I think I post enough for all of us though LOL

Amy -- You should get Ralph to post! Lauren and I both thought he was really really nice when we met in OH. :)

catnapper
06-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I wish! I keep suggesting to hubby that he should post too, since a lot of my responses come from his (especially in the doghouse ;) ) I guess though, that its a good thing that he doesn't post... he'd be bashed simply for stating hs not-so-subtle opinions! LOL

carole
06-13-2004, 05:06 PM
I am too selfish to share PT with my family, its my special place all to myself lol!:)

Karen
06-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Paul posts, but rarely. As in real life, he's the quieter of the two of us, but when he posts, it's worth paying attention to!

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 05:20 PM
He sure is Karen! :p :p

I think the only time I heard him speak is when he said good bye to us.:D :p

NoahsMommy
06-13-2004, 05:32 PM
David did register here once, and I think he actually posted. His "name" is NoelsDad.

(He's my hubby)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Nope.

I don't think I'd want any of my family members to join Pet Talk. They'd tease me about it for life. ;)

popcornbird
06-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Nope.

I don't think I'd want any of my family members to join Pet Talk. They'd tease me about it for life. ;)

Same here! :p I'd rather not get teased, so I stay quiet about PT most of the time. ;)

Moose
06-13-2004, 08:02 PM
My fiance -- Josh, and little sister -- Nellie, have both joined. However, they don't do too much posting. :rolleyes: Nellie rarely goes online except to chat with her 'actual' friends and Josh just reads and posts with me. I don't think his username really works anymore, sooooo .... yeah. :o

I've been trying to get my brother to join [you might remember he was the one that had recently adopted a Great Pyr/Shep/Lab mix named Brody in January]. While I did manage to get him to check out Pet Talk a few times, he's never technically joined. Eh, ah well. :p

bluekat
06-13-2004, 08:10 PM
No, nobody in my 'real life' is part of PT:p I never even told anyone about it I think...I rather them not join because PT is a place where I get away from my real life:p;) lol

Corinna
06-13-2004, 08:16 PM
My son was posting a couple years ago .I don't remeber what name he used but paintball and online games became more important. I don't explain it I just gave birth to him. Clarissa doesn't have online access but looks over my shoulder when shes here.

wolfie
06-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am the mom of a clan who post. We are the "Sirrah" family which is just Harris backwards. (no comments Kay!!!) The last three letters is the beginning of our first names, also backwards. I am Sirrahbed, Debbie. Sirrahsim is my daughter Missy- though she is married and not a real Sirrah anymore, Sirrahved is my DIL Devon, and Sirrahned is my hubby, Dennis:)

Wow! I never realized that - no wonder I got confused when I saw posts by all you Sirrah's - there's 4 of you! Now I've got it straight! ^_^

AmberLee
06-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
... We are the "Sirrah" family which is just Harris backwards. (no comments Kay!!!) The last three letters is the beginning of our first names, also backwards. ...

:o I FINALLY figured this one out today when KAK and I were chatting in the park. I do feel dense that it took so long.

My real life sister has the screen name TigerBlossom here, but due to time constraints she rarely posts.

green_chameleon_girl
06-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Im twins with Tweety_Pie (Kelsey):D

sirrahbed:

OMG I FINALLY KNOW WHAT YOUR NAME IS NOW!!:D

Deb Harris!! omg I am so brain dead!! thats so neat!:D

Lillycat
06-17-2004, 10:54 AM
cataholic posts a loooot.....i post and another daughter just lurks

molucass
06-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Like Deb said, my mom (alco3015) is also a member here.... She doesn't post very often though.

sirrahved
06-17-2004, 12:11 PM
I told my mother about PT, and she thinks I'm a nut brain for coming here.

lbaker
06-17-2004, 12:30 PM
My d-in-law lurks and did go to a PT meeting in Pennsylvania with me last year. My son knows all about you guys and sometimes will ask me to pose a question for him. He's a dog and cat person so both he & Jenny totally understand the majority of what goes on here. Of course some of the threads (Thursdays, off-the-wall subjects etc) have them rolling their eyes. Or when I start giggling about some of the antics... the Feline Princess cruise, Eddy & Edwina's story, some of the posts by Cinder & Smokey etc. they get a certain glazed look :rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
06-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Paul posts, but rarely. As in real life, he's the quieter of the two of us, but when he posts, it's worth paying attention to!

When Paul posted the list of colors the other day I noticed his post count was 400 and something. Karen's is 5000 and something. Paul, we need to here more form you.

I don't have any of my family here. I keep pet talk to myself altho Justin (my husband) does come and lurk sometimes.