PDA

View Full Version : Tea Drinkers... A Recommendation! =)

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Ok I had to post this on here, just cuz.... :) For anyone who drinks tea either as a supplement or as a substitute for coffee as a morning drink I've got a heck of a recommendation! I think most people know that Green Tea is a great anti-oxidant, white tea is even better and according to different studies, RED tea is the best stuff out there!

Anyway, my gf and I have been wanting to try red tea for a while now, but just never got around to it. Until we went grocery shopping the other day. We found this stuff by Celestial Seasonings. It's called Madagascar Vanilla Red and it's to DIE for! :D It smells SO good and tastes great made with sugar and milk or cream. For anyone looking to try a new tea you NEED to try this stuff! It's awesome! :)

trayi52
06-12-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll try to remember that, JC, my husband has been drinking the green tea, and its pretty good. Madagascar Vanilla Red, hope I can remember that name, LOL, I guess I need to write it down. My memory is so bad, hey you think it would help my memory?!

I'll look for that in the stores here, and see if they have it here.

Thanks JC!

Willie:)

zippy-kat
06-13-2004, 12:44 AM
My newest addiction is Peppermint Tea!! Gooooodddd stuff!

I'm not big on vanilla but I'll try it if I can find it!

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 04:43 AM
Mmmm!! I love all sorts of tea.

I'll have to have my parents search for it next time they go shopping. :D

catnapper
06-13-2004, 07:15 AM
Hmmm... I've never liked anything Celestial Seasonings has to offer. I prefer Twinings and I found this little no-name brand tea that has a great nutty flavor. I'm very picky - my tea has to be a certain temperature, and black only... but not too strong! I drive myself nuts!:D I really should branch out and try the new teas available out there! I especially want some authentic English teas!

Next time I'm in the grocery store, I'll try the celestial seasonings and if I like it, I'll thank you. If not, I'm sure my youngest daughter will like it... she likes all the fruity and sweet flavored teas I don't! :D

For the record, I drive my family nutrs too! :D

heinz57_79
06-13-2004, 01:52 PM
It's actually not that sweet until you add the sugar and milk. It just has a hint of vanilla flavour which gets enhanced with the other stuff. Twinnings is good too, we have a whole selection of English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Earl Grey, Lady grey, etc etc etc... My gf is more of a coffee drinker but since I grew up overseas, I was raised on tea with breakfast. I spent 3 years in Sri Lanka (where Ceylon tea comes from) and have been to tea plantations where there were THOUSANDS of types of tea being grown. It smelled SOOOO good. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing to come out of Sri Lanka. :( ugh.. never again. And on a side note, never move somewhere where you know there's a civil war going on. Not fun! ;)

Randi
06-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the tip, but all the same I think I'll stick to my Earl Grey. LOL! ;) In Denmark, most people drink tea without milk, but if I occasionally have a strong cup of English breakfast tea, I like it with milk.

Lillycat
06-17-2004, 10:58 AM
sounds like a great tea. cant wait to try it!