PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody!!

thelmalu99
06-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Don't know how many of you will remember me, but I used to be a regular here at Pet Talk, the best place on Earth for people who love their pets! :D

I have two kitties, Elvis and JD (Jack Daniel), and two turtles, Yertle and TimTam.

I started posting here several years ago, when I had a wonderful little kitty named Charlie, who unfortunately had Feline Leukemia. I eventually lost my sweet little guy to that horrible disease, and I will never forget the support and kindness that was shown to me on these boards. When I brought Elvis and JD home from the shelter, everyone here rejoiced with me and offered their good wishes. You guys are the best!

Just poking around, I saw a few familiar names, like zippy-kat, Kfamr, Noahsmommy, Farruska and tuxluvr. Pet Talk long-timers!
Hi Karen! Hi Paul! Missed all of you! I have been meaning to stop by for quite a while, but as usual, I always get sidetracked.

How are all your babies doing? My little guys are doing fine, and I hope to get some pics together and post them soon.

Looking forward to meeting everyone else here. Lots of new names!

Huge smooches from someone who has been away, but has never forgotten you all!

Uabassoon
06-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Welcome back!

thelmalu99
06-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Thank you! :D

Your babies are gorgeous! My kitties are orange, just like your little one in the middle pic. Gotta love those little orange babies! :D

trayi52
06-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Welcome back!

My name is Willie, and I have been here less than a year. You can see all my younguns in my sig.

Stay awhile and get to know everybody including us newbies!

Willie:)

thelmalu99
06-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks Willie!

Wow, you've got a lot of little ones, huh? All beautiful, I see.
Can't wait to hear more about them!

BitsyNaceyDog
06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Welcome back and nice to meet you. I'm Kari and I have many fur, feathered, and scaled children. I've been here for 5 or 6 months and love it.

thelmalu99
06-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey, Kari! Thanks so much!
Yeah, this place is great! I'm kicking myself for staying away for so long. I only posted a few minutes ago, and already so many people have welcomed me. Always nice folks here!

Who's the little one in your avatar? What a cutie!

GoldenRetrLuver
06-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Welcome back! :)

I've been here a little over a year, and my name is Julie. I'm owned by the two dogs you see in my signature, Daisy [Golden Retriever] and Molly [Sable and White Rough Collie]. I also own a Pied Cockatiel named Piper, two cats named Angel and Dillian, a hamster named Neko, and six Desert Tortoises.

Good to see you here!

Miss Meow
06-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Welcome back!

Yes, pictures of your crew would be wonderful :)

thelmalu99
06-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks, GRL and MissMeow!

Hope to get some pics up soon. Can't wait to chat with you all!

Corinna
06-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey I thought it was you . welcome back .
I had been wondering where you went I was going though the member list tring to see who all was gone. Glad your back, this place has really grown , try the new thing on thursdays a cyber bar its fun.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Hello there! :D
Welcome back. :)

---Kay, Simba, & Nala

jazzcat
06-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi!!! I've been here for about a year now and have three cats and a dog.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your babies.

Karen
06-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Thelmalu! Welcome home!!!!!! We've missed you, and are glad to have you back! Thelmalu is our New York City gal, and a kitty-freindly lady for those who are newer members. ... Miss Hoppy is doing fine, she's now 7 years old, and Paul and I are well.

Oh, welcome home. Lbaker is gonna be happy to have you back, too!

countrycowgirl
06-12-2004, 11:54 PM
welcome back! :) my name is kaylin but everyone calls me kaykay i have been here almost a year (i think) lol :p i have three dogs, two horses, and one brahman show heifer you can see my horses and heifer in my sig. :D

popcornbird
06-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Welcome back!!! I do remember seeing your posts way back when I was a newbie, but I believe you left soon after I joined, so I never got to know you. I've been here for over 2 years now. Hope you stick around. I would love to see pictures of your kitties!

LoudLou
06-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Karen

... Lbaker is gonna be happy to have you back, too!

Welcome Home! Lbaker is going to have to introduce to Thursday's! Oh, Boy the fun hijinx that go on in there! :rolleyes: ;) They are a rowdy fun bunch!

Welcome home once again!

ticosmyham
06-13-2004, 12:23 AM
:) Welcome back! My name is Annie, nice to meet ya!

luckies4me
06-13-2004, 12:24 AM
HI. I don't know if you were here when I first joined but I've been here for quite some time now. My name is Cass and I have a on of pets, so won't bother to list them all. ;) I used to have a cat named JD, also named for Jack Daniels (and also one of my favorite bands Guttermouth sings about it, which is one of my favorite songs too!), which is the only liquor I will drink. ;) He was a grey fluffball cat which looked identical to the cat I have now, also grey by the name of Ewok. :)

AmberLee
06-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Welcome back! It was such a treat to see your screen name under current posts!

{{{snugglies to Elvis and JD and any other critter that would be okay with 'em!}}}

Amber and Cassy >^._.^< and Livvy >^._.^<

aly
06-13-2004, 02:16 AM
I remember you very well! WELCOME BACK!!!!!! :D

davidpizzica
06-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Hi, and a big welcome back from david p from Pittsburgh! I joined PT at the end of February. about 5 months. Sometimes I feel a little lost in this all girl PT, but everybody's real friendly with each other. I am the personal servant to Nikki, a 3 year old Tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 14 month old tortie. I hope that youy renewing old friendships and hopefully making LOTS of new ones. BTW, you have to come down to the cyber bar on thursdays at the doghouse forum. It's loads of FUN!! lol lol

thelmalu99
06-13-2004, 09:07 AM
WOW! Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! Youz guyz are da best! ;)

LOTS of familiar names! Kay+Simba+Nala :) , Karen!, popcornbird, LoudLou, AmberLee!!, aly+sweet little Reece! Glad to see you're all still here!

Corinna, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely be stopping by the cyber bar for a chat and a cold one! :D

Jazzcat, countrycowgirl, Annie, Cass and davidp, thanks for the welcome! Can't wait to make more awesome PetTalk friends!

gini
06-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Welcome Home is right! I recognized your name immediately and jumped right into the thread to be sure it was you!

We have so many wonderful new members that it will take you a while to get to know everyone.

Ah yes, please be sure to visit Thursdays and let me be the first to buy you a drink at our cyber bar! But just know, enter there at your own risk!:D :D And whatever you do, don't go near the Lost and Found.

But Laurie will be there and she can show you the ropes too.

Again - a huge Welcome Back from another died and gone to heaven orange cat lover!:)

ChrisH
06-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Welcome back! :) :)

primabella
06-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Hello and welcome back to Pet Talk! I don't think you'll remember me although your screen name sounds familiar to me. ;) I've been here for almost two years now and am owned by two budgie birds named Rocket and Sky and a Sheltie named Mickey.

Hope to see many more posts from you. :D

Freckles
06-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Finally, an oldtimer returns!:)
Please be sure to stick around, Please?

lynnestankard
06-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Thelmalu - WELCOME BACK HOME!! Lovely to hear from you again - lovely surprise to see your name pop up!

Lots of nosey kissies to the furries and {{Hugs}} to you.

I've still got the three mouseketeers Bagel, Dan and Ketchum and their still driving me batty :D

You'll have lots of catching up to do - so pleased you returned.

Lynne

tatsxxx11
06-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey, Thelma!!! Wow, it's great to have you back! Hope you stick around:) Sandra

thelmalu99
06-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Sorry to keep bumping my own thread, but I just have to say thanks for all the warm welcomes. :D

Ah yes, please be sure to visit Thursdays and let me be the first to buy you a drink at our cyber bar! But just know, enter there at your own risk! And whatever you do, don't go near the Lost and Found.

Gini- I will check it out, for sure. And...Laurie...LBaker! My long time PT best bud! Love that chickie! Where is she??

ChrisH and primabella, thanks for the welcome!

Freckles! Hey! What's up??

Lynnestankard! How are ya? Are you anywhere near London? I'm heading in that direction this September! I'll be visiting a friend who is working there for 6 months, and if you're nearby, I'd love to meet up!

Sandra! Hey girl! How's it going? How are the lovely babies?

RobiLee
06-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Hello Thelmalu!

I guess I would be one of the newbies to you. I think I have been here a year now My name is Robin and those are my 2 pups in my signature. Katie is one year old and Tori is 5 months old.

It is so nice to meet you!

Robin :)

lbaker
06-14-2004, 09:16 AM
THELMA!!! Hey buddie! Would have posted sooner but had BIG problems with my home computer and had to wait until I got to work today. Last I heard from you was your birthday if I remember correctly. Lots has happened around here but the best part is all the meetings with other PT'ers there have been. Since that first one you & I were going to go to together in TX, I've been to PA and to CA for meetings - and met several PT'ers here in DC and met up with Slick in Seattle. (You will like Slick, she's a goof!) * No offence Slick, I mean that in the nicest way * Do stop by Richards Place/Thursdays for a drink and some fun and we can get caught up. The bar usually opens on Wednesday but don't let that confuse you.
By the way, don't leave your keys lying around, one of the "regulars" has this thing about keys and you may have to climb up onto the roof to find them :rolleyes: Welcome home :D
Laurie

thelmalu99
06-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome RobiLee!

LAURIE!! How's it going? Yeah, I definitely wanna check out this bar place on Thursday, but where do I go? I don't see any kind of chatroom button anywhere?

Talk to ya soon! :D

lynnestankard
06-15-2004, 03:56 PM
To find the bar..........

We're tucked away in The Dog House!!:D :D

Lynne

Logan
06-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Happy, Happy, Happy!!!!! :D :D :D I thought I was seeing things, earlier when I saw you reply to a post. Then I saw this post!!!! OMG!!!!!! :) Did you ever see an old lady do flips??? I just did!!! :o

Thelma, I am so happy to see you back!!!! Hugs and kisses to you and yours. :)

Logan