PDA

View Full Version : well then appenrently I gotta find...

cali
06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
somthin else to eat lol while my mom is out of town so I gotta fend for myslef for supper, now I was GOING to make burito's but to do that ya gotta thaw the hamburger lol unfortinatly my microwave decided to die today, it was on the blink for quite awhile but it still worked, now its just plain out dead, of coarse the best time for a microwave to die is when we cant afford a new one :rolleyes: sigh guess I gotta find sothin else that I know how to cook and does not involve a microwave :mad:

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 05:54 PM
You CAN brown the frozen hamburger:D Stick a little oil in a biggish fry pan and heat to medium. Put in the frozen burger and brown the slab. Turn it over and use a spatula to scrape off the browned part while the other side browns. Keep doing this over and over until all the meat is browned! It'll brown a whole pound in about 10-15 minutes - not much longer than the microwave, maybe faster - honest:D There IS life without a microwave-trust me on this;)

While the meat is browning, you can chop up the burrito fixins.

NoahsMommy
06-12-2004, 05:56 PM
You can thaw beef/meat in a pan on the stove. You just have to sit there and stir it. :)

Ohhh....just saw where this was already said. hee hee

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Ohhh....just saw where this was already said. hee hee
Great minds think alike eh Kelly? I just have to say 20 words when 5-6 will do:D

NoahsMommy
06-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Great minds think alike eh Kelly? I just have to say 20 words when 5-6 will do:D
hee hee, no worries. It was good to explain how. :)

trayi52
06-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Debbie, thats the way I do hamburger meat too. I would rather do it like that than putting it in the microwave.

Willie:D

cali
06-12-2004, 07:06 PM
lol the problem with that is the way its shaped, my mom does not exactly take care to shap the hamberger just right lol I would be sitting ther holding it in the frying pan for a long time because the shape of it anyway is so odd :p anyway I just had pizza for supper lol

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Debbie, thats the way I do hamburger meat too. I would rather do it like that than putting it in the microwave.

Me too, Willie, the microwave always seems to turn the edges too dry and hard:rolleyes: I am not a very modern cook!:D My microwave is basically for heating up cold coffee and leftovers.

Glad you found some dinner, Cali!

trayi52
06-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Thats what I use my micrwave for too. It does good for microwave popcorn too, but that is about all that get cooked in it. I would rather just do my cooking on the stove or in a regular oven.

cali
06-12-2004, 07:24 PM
lol oh I dont cook the meat in the microwave! I cook it on the stove I just defrost it in the microwave. our microwave is so darn old, you ant even make microwave popcorn inm it lol I tried that once, it took 5 minuts to cook half the popcorn and burn the rest :rolleyes: that thing is from the 80's it takes twice as long to cook anything that a modern mirowave takes lol

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
It does good for microwave popcorn too,

Ah YES, we have a very expensive popcorn cooker and leftover reheater!! Can't beat microwave popcorn though! Just like movie theater!!:D

Right Cali - but my microwave never just defrosts - it wants to COOK the frozen stuff. It has all these fancy features - browning rack, convection fan, temperature probe - I don't even know what they DO! I figure it is a popcorn popper and reheater!:eek: It LOOKS very nice though:D :D

cali
06-12-2004, 07:31 PM
lol mine just defrosts, you just punch in the weight of the hamber you are putting in and it automaticly adjusts it heating level and lengh of time, pluse pauses after say 4 minuts to you can take off the loose stuff, then put it back in, and press start. rather handy really lol too bad it died :p