PDA

View Full Version : Such a good helper!

catnapper
06-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Nicki and I went outside this afternoon and our neighbor was digging up her rose bushes because they were overtaking her garden. She commented on how hard it was and that she needed help.

I said, "Well, show Nicki what you want and she'll happily dig."
She said, "You're kidding!" and bent down to show Nicki what she wanted. Sure enough Nicki jumped right in there and was making dust of the packed dirt. When she encountered a root, she dug her nose in there and bit the root and yanked it out! :eek: (I only let her do that to the small ones - left the big ones to a shovel!) She worked for about half an hour before he got bored and flopped on the grass, but she got a lot done!!

By the time she was done, she was a mess. I wouldn't let her back into the house until she got a bath (I had planned on one today anyway!) Lets just say she was not pleased and has spent the rest of the afternoon wet & sulking on my bed. Now I have to re-wash my blankets (it was time for them anyway too) and get back into her good graces! :p

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 03:40 PM
LOL! What a good dog! :p
Wanna come help us re-do our lawn?

Have I told you..... we need new pictures of that girl!!;)

ComedyDevil
06-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Awwww, poor Nicki! Being such a good little helper and then having to have a nasty bath! I think you deserve lots of hugs and treats from your mom for being such a helpful girl :)

catnapper
06-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Kay, I was thinking about it! I didn't do pictures though because my camera decided to go on the fritz again this moring. :mad: Thats the second time the SAME problem has happened and the thing's not quite a year old. Grumble grumble.

:D

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Good girl Nicki!

Amber
06-12-2004, 04:45 PM
AWW! That has to be the most precious thing I ever heard! :D

yeah..we need pictures!!

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Kay, I was thinking about it! I didn't do pictures though because my camera decided to go on the fritz again this moring. :mad: Thats the second time the SAME problem has happened and the thing's not quite a year old. Grumble grumble.

:D

Aww shucks! What does it do?
Darn camera! Making her deprive us of Nicki pictures! :p

catnapper
06-12-2004, 05:04 PM
I think its a faulty USB cord. I cannot download the pictures from the camera. It worked perfectly this morning. Then when I went to download more a while later, *poof* nothing. I might make an investment in a card reader... this is ridiculus! The USB cord is proprietray to Nikon, so I can't just buy a replacement, I have to send the camera and cord to Nikon, have them check it out and then they return it. UGH.

I love my camera except for this! Did I get a "lemon" ? :D