PDA

View Full Version : Sky's Vet Visit

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2004, 02:58 PM
I everyone.:) It was time for Sky's annual check-up and shots. He was a very good boy and didn't start crying in the car until we were already there. He didn't want to stay in his carrier so I opened the door and let him come out and meet everyone. He was so calm and relaxed and acted more like a dog than a cat. All of the vet techs fell in love with him too.:)

He now weighs 12.12lbs which is great because last year on Sept. 5th he weighed 13.13lbs and my vet told me that he needed to go on a diet. I'm so glad that feeding him twice a day a total of 1/2 cup a day is working.:)

The exam went well except that my vet noticed that Sky has a sore on one of his gums. It was also painful to Sky when he touched it.:( He doesn't think that it's an abcess and his teeth don't have a lot of tartar on them so they don't need to be cleaned. I just need to keep an eye on it and hopefully it will heal and won't get any worse.

Since Sky didn't like being kept in his carrier, I'm probably going to buy him a harness so he can be out and about to visit everyone. I sure wish that all of my cats had Sky's personality and temperment. He's such an easy cat to take to the vets.:)

RedHedd
06-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Aw Sky - great news on your checkup!

AmberLee
06-13-2004, 01:11 AM
What a good boy!

jenluckenbach
06-13-2004, 05:49 AM
I am not surprised that Sky was a social cat (he looks like my Rutherford, with some stripes, and that color combination always seem to be outgoing)

I hope his sore gum doesn't turn out to be bad news. Is he on an antibiotic or anything?

krazyaboutkatz
06-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I am not surprised that Sky was a social cat (he looks like my Rutherford, with some stripes, and that color combination always seem to be outgoing)

I hope his sore gum doesn't turn out to be bad news. Is he on an antibiotic or anything? No, he isn't on anything. I just need to keep an eye on it and if I notice it's getting worse then I'll bring him back in. So far he's acting normally and also eating normally. I sure hope it's nothing.:)

Felicia's Mom
06-13-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm glad Sky's vet visit was okay!:) :)

Steffi N
06-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Congratulations, Sky, on being a good boy and charming everybody at your vet's office. I hope your abcess clears up and goes away soon.

kimlovescats
06-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Good Boy, Sky!!!
I'm so glad his check-up was a good one!!!:)

Randi
06-13-2004, 03:45 PM
What a good boy you are Sky! :) Great to hear your check-up went so well. I hope the abcess on your gum goes away soon!

IttyBittyKitty
06-13-2004, 10:20 PM
What a good boy you are, Sky, I hope your Meowmie gave you a treat.

Meanwhile, I think Randi needs to go on a diet too, but how do I keep him out of Pixel's food lol :eek: :eek: :eek:

Killearn Kitties
06-16-2004, 05:51 AM
Aww, what a good boy you are Sky! I wish my girls were as good at the vets. I hope your gum problem goes away soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Sky, you are not only beautiful but you're such a good boy too! I sure hope you like your harness and all the attention you'll be getting being "out in the open" and not stuffed in that nasty ol' carrier. ;)

Great news on the good checkup!:D

ramanth
06-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Good boy Skye! :) I hope his mouth heals up soon. :)