PDA

View Full Version : What kind of dog is this?

BlueAspen
06-12-2004, 12:15 PM
I came across this picture of a puppy and I absolutley love him. I absolutley love panda bears and this little guy looks exactly like one. Can anyone tell me what type of dog this is?

Moose
06-12-2004, 12:39 PM
He looks like a Chow to me ... but the markings really throw me off.

primabella
06-12-2004, 12:46 PM
I think it's gotta be a mix. :confused: Hmmm no idea.

BCBlondie
06-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Yep.. looks like a Chow to me too... maybe someone painted their dog :p

http://www.svijet-ljubimaca.com/kinologija/pasmine/chow-chow/chow-puppy-dirk2.jpg

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Looks like a chow mix to me... mixed with what, I have no idea, but he's cute as a button! :D

Twisterdog
06-12-2004, 05:33 PM
These pictures have been around the internet for a long time.

The dog is a chow puppy.

I remember reading somewhere that the dog was airbrushed (dyed) to look like that. This is not uncommon at all. Many poodles are air-brushed to look like everything from goldfish to Superman to roulette wheels for grooming competitions.

primabella
06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
These pictures have been around the internet for a long time.

The dog is a chow puppy.

I remember reading somewhere that the dog was airbrushed (dyed) to look like that. This is not uncommon at all. Many poodles are air-brushed to look like everything from goldfish to Superman to roulette wheels for grooming competitions.

Do you mean airbrushed on the computer or actually done on the dog?

BlueAspen
06-13-2004, 11:08 PM
...poor puppy. I love chows too. Never saw a chow puppy tho. Have only ever worked with adults. Are they known for temper problems because the 3 I volunteer with at the shelter are nasty. One, Puck, has to be walked a certain way, in a certain direction, for a certain amount of time otherwise he will try to pee on you. But boy does he love to be brushed.

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Not all Chows have bad tempers, just like not all Pit Bulls are vicious.

It all depends on how they're raised.

We have an adult Chow (possibly mix?) here on PT.. Her name is Huney and she is as sweet as can be. :D