PDA

View Full Version : One Smart Kitty:)

rg_girlca
06-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Last night I was sitting on the couch watching T.V. and the hubby was on the computer playing a game and I could hear one of the cats playing their little heart out in the kitchen.
Then I heard this high pitched meow, which was Chipper looking at me from around the corner of the couch. I asked, "What's my Boo-Boo kitty want?" I figured he wanted a drink from the tap in the washroom, so I got up, but he ran into the kitchen looking back at me to make sure I followed. He layed down in front of the stove and then looked at me and meowed again.
His little mousie was under the stove, so I got it out for him and he continued throwing it up in the air and playing. It was soooo cute.

Now, is that one smart kitty or what?

Do any of your kitties come and get you to retrieve one of their toys that went under something when they were having so much fun playing with it?

RedHedd
06-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Aww! That is SO cute! My two only meow for food :rolleyes: :D

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Does Dylan coming in to let me know his bowl is empty count??:D

jazzcat
06-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Aww, Chipper is so smart.

Jazz will sometimes try to let us know when her mousie is under the sofa.

Debbie - Ripley will come let me know when the food bowl is empty too. He's been know to pull the covers right off me in bed.

rg_girlca
06-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Yes Debbie that does count.:D

Just the fact that they come and let you know that they want food, or to retrieve a toy out from undersomething is just soooooo adorable.
Also Chipper will sit in the bathroom sink and meow for someone to come and turn the faucet on. It's just too darn cute.:)

rg_girlca
06-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Boy I can't believe how fast this thread disappeared.

Anyone else have a story to tell of their smart kitty?:)

catnapper
06-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Yup. Pouncer comes to tell me things all the time. Half the time I have no clue what he's trying to tell me, but I'll come to understand him some day! :D I am always surprised when I call him from and he comes running (I've never had a cat do that) and then he talks to me as he comes to me.

Chipper's such a smart little boy to come to mama. he knew you'd save his mousie for him! Supermom to the rescue!!!

jaqi
06-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Cute and smart things Checkers does are asking me to open doors for him by pawing the doorknob (I taught him that one to replace the whine and yowl routine), leaping in the sink to make a point that he wants fresh water, and generally leading me around, whether it's to fetch a toy or another reason. He used to play fetch but he forgot how;) He still plays tag though.

Chipper, your smarts impress me too!

catcrazylady
06-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Good boy Chipper! You knew mom would help you out didn't you? You're such a smart boy! Cute too!!!

Leroy doesn't tell me what he wants but he irritates me to no end until I figure it out!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif
Sammy will let you know when it is time for his supper or when he wants his back washed. He sits on the toilet and screams until daddy comes and washes his back. Geesh!
The rest of them let me know what they want but in much more subtle ways. Somehow I just know what they want.:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

trayi52
06-12-2004, 11:47 PM
I keep Grovers catnip in a cabinet at my computer, it is sealed in an envelope, fact is it is sealed in two envelopes. When I open the door to that cabinet, she knows that catnip is in there, and trys to climb into the cabinet. She trys her best to open those envelopes so she can get at that catnip.

LOL, I have locked her inside before just to see what she would do. She did nothing but play happily, very happily with her catnip, and does not care if I do shut the door.

Yeap, Lorraine you got a very smart kitty there! Really, Grover loses her toys, and then a few weeks later they turn up again. Where they are from the time she loses them to the time she finds them again, remains a mystery to me! She just won't tell me where her hiding place is. LOL, I don't think she even tells herself!

Willie:D

Felicia's Mom
07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I keep some cat toys in a cupboard. For example: Cat Dancer, and other toys on a string. Once Beau sat by the cupboard and
meowed. I opened the door and took out the closest toy. Beau just sat there. Then I went back and took out almost every toy in there. Beau just sat and looked at me until I took out the toy he wanted. Then he jumped down and wanted to play with it. The toy he was waiting for was one I had forgotten about, yet Beau knew just where it was.

Beau has also had toys (balls, mice, etc) under furniture. I can reach under and get several toys for him. Yet he is always waiting for a certain one.

DJFyrewolf36
07-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Remus gets me up at about 6:15 am every day to inform me his breakfast needs to be served. Also He is obsessed with this little mouse on a string. He will WHINE at me until I find it...I can have all his other toys out but noooo he wants THAT one.

I wonder sometimes why kitties do that...

catmandu
07-08-2004, 09:04 AM
My Littlr Rb Cat,Pouncer ahd a Toy,that she would meow,Meow , MEEEOW for,and even after it got old,and and battered,she still played with it. And when her time came,I left the Toy,with her,so she would something,to play with,In Cat Heaven.

Edwina's Secretary
07-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Eddie tells me what he wants. He has a very particular meow when he wants his binkie (with which he has a rather unnatural relationship. Sigh...where did I go wrong??? )

Edwina on the other hand, reminds me of the child of a friend. They fussed how long it took him to learn to talk. He didn't need to. They anticipated his every need, interpreted his every look.

Edwina just has to look at me and I know what she wants.....and I get it for her!

sirrahbed
07-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Edwina just has to look at me and I know what she wants.....and I get it for her!
:D :D Same with Dylan!! He does this little look and sometimes a head nod thing - and I know what he wants - SHEESH am I well trained or what!!:D

kimlovescats
07-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Oh Lorraine.... not only is "my" little Chipper adorable, he is smart too!!! :D We sure do need some new pics of "baby" Chipper!!!
*hint, hint*:D

Kim:)

DJFyrewolf36
07-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
:D :D Same with Dylan!! He does this little look and sometimes a head nod thing - and I know what he wants - SHEESH am I well trained or what!!:D

Cats are expert hooman trainers didn't you know?

I think they take classes or something :rolleyes: