PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola C2!!

Sirrahsim
06-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Have you guys heard about Coca Cola C2? It was realeased here a few weeks ago, it says that it was supposed to be released in the states this month. Have any of you tried it? I have been an avid Coke fanatic for most of my life (thanks dad :)) and I know my Coca Cola. This C2 stuff isn't bad at all. It has half of the sugars, carbs, and calories of the original and actually tastes remarkably similar! My husband brought home a small sample can the day that it was released here in Japan and I tried a sip of both C2 and the original and couldn't pick which one was which!
I swear I don't work for them, I'm just excited about my favorite drink being healthier but no less tasty:) Try it! The worst that could happen is you won't like it.

LOS ANGELES - Coca-Cola Co. on Monday unveiled C2, a cola with about half the carbohydrates of the original, and a new advertising campaign designed to sell the drink to devotees of trendy Atkins-style diets.

Coca-Cola C2, featuring the familiar red label, but with black lettering instead of the traditional white, will be available in U.S. stores in early June, the company said at a promotional event in Hollywood.

Cola wars are brewing over the low-carb craze. Rival PepsiCo Inc. <PEP.N> said on Monday that it would launch its own mid-carbohydrate soda in mid-June.

An 8-ounce serving of C2 has 45 calories and 12 grams of carbohydrates, compared with 100 calories and 27 grams of carbohydrates with original Coke, the company said.

The start of Coca-Cola's ad campaign for C2, which features the tagline "Half the Carbs, Half the Cals, All the Great Taste," will be tied to the finals of the hit Fox talent show "American Idol" on Tuesday and Wednesday, the company said.

For the press release go to:
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20040524_americas_c2_launch.html

joanofark
06-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Wow how cool!:D

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh wow! I wonder if they'll be selling this stuff in Canada. I've been weaning off coke because of the calories but if it's going to be a tad bit healthier, then I just may be able to sneak a few now and then.

Felicia's Mom
06-12-2004, 05:39 PM
I saw some of that at the store today. I was going to get some, but forgot until I read this thread. Coke is my favorite.

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
WOW! I will have to look for that. We HAVE seen the half sugar Pepsi, bought some and it is VERY good - but we aren't that crazy about Pepsi. But, I doubt we could tell it from the real thing. So I am very excited to hear about the C2. I had not heard a word about it!! Hubby is a huge CocaCola ONLY fan so I MUST find some!! Thanks Missy!:D

sirrahbed
06-14-2004, 03:58 PM
OK we are talking serious CocaCola drinking here;) Sirrahsim's dad that is. He bought some of the C2 at Krogers today and swears there is NO DIFFERENCE in the taste! He really cannot taste any change whatsoever. We are SOLD. Only C2 from now on:D

Uabassoon
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
I finally saw it last night at the Safeway, I didn't buy any. But maybe next time I'll try it.

DJFyrewolf36
06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
If it came out reciently we should get it here in umm *calculating..........calculating..........calcula ting*

In about two years ;)

Newness skips northern nevada...we hardly ever get movies the day they premiere everyplace else and new products like C2 take FOREVER to get to our stores. I'll be looking for it though!

teenster3
06-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Hmmm.....it may be worth a try but, is anyone else here sick of all the low-cal stuff yet???
I'm a Merchandiser for a grocery store & I just get sick of looking at it. I know my brother-in-law & sister-in-law have lost about 70 lbs. between the both of them but, it's not my cup of tea!!!
I have lost a lot of sales because of the "low-carb." diet as well. I stock Bakery products....go figure. I guess they don't want to eat bread or sweets as much anymore! AGH:rolleyes: