PDA

View Full Version : 2 new necklaces *2 more added*

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 04:28 AM
I made these tonight.. with no sleep. So excuse the lack of creativity.. but ah well, thought i'd share.

both of them;
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/necklaces1.jpg
the first one; *has a home*
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/necklaces2.jpg
the second one; *has a home*
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/necklaces3.jpg

Let me know what youhonestly think!!

**MORE on pages 2 and 3**

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 04:30 AM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I absolutely love the green one! They're so pretty! If you do decide to start a site and sell your necklaces, I'd buy one for sure!

LoudLou
06-12-2004, 04:58 AM
You are SO MULTI-TALENTED! They are beautiful.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 05:49 AM
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/necklaces4.jpg
They're very similar to the first two.
*both available*

Thanks you 2. :D

neko1
06-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I absolutely love the green one! They're so pretty! If you do decide to start a site and sell your necklaces, I'd buy one for sure!

Me too!!! They are gorgeous! It would make me feel proud to wear something that a fellow PT'er had hand-made:)

catnapper
06-12-2004, 07:43 AM
All 4 of them are very pretty! I never wear necklaces, except for the diamond heart hubby gave me, and even that one hardly ever gets put on. I feel very strangled by them. I see so many very pretty necklaces and I wish I could wear them!

bluekat
06-12-2004, 09:43 AM
They're so pretty! I like both of them, but I really love the blue one:D

countrycowgirl
06-12-2004, 09:58 AM
WOW KAY!!!! I R-E-A-L-L-Y LOVE THE SECOND GREEN ONE THEY ARE ALL GORGOUS YOU ARE VERY TALENTED!!! :D

gini
06-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Kay, the green one is lovely.

Is the cord that you use for the main part of the necklace (the part that goes around your neck) - silk cord?

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-12-2004, 10:26 AM
They are all beautiful! You are truly SO talented Kay!!

catnapper
06-12-2004, 10:29 AM
(I was thinking... I remember a thread where you said that you had trouble finding nice beads. I was alking to someone way back in Novemeber, and she made jewelry too. she said that she gets a whole lot of beads from consignment and second hand shops. She buys old necklaces and re-uses the beads. I thought that was a nifty idea and the beads were VERY interesting. :) Maybe you could try that too.

Karen
06-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
All 4 of them are very pretty! I never wear necklaces, except for the diamond heart hubby gave me, and even that one hardly ever gets put on. I feel very strangled by them. I see so many very pretty necklaces and I wish I could wear them!

Get a longer chain for the one hubby gave you, silly! I do NOT wear any necklaces shorter than 18" - anything that ouches the front of my neck above the collarbone seriously bugs me. As do turtleneck shirts, by the way - I only own one, and it was a gift. It's really cute and has reindeer and hearts on it, so I wear it a few times around Christmas and Valentine's day and spend the whole time pulling the collar away from my neck.

Kay - what length are the necklaces? If you are going to sell them (which you could, they are very pretty), figure out not only how much the components cost, but how long it took you to make each one, including the "creative" time, figure out how much you want to pay yourself for that time THEN set the price!

Dogz
06-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh, Kay, I just love every single one of them! No creativity? I think not! They are full of creativity: so pretty!

You are so talented. :)

I would love to have a necklace, I can't wait until you start selling them. I will definately buy!

trayi52
06-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I think they are both very beautiful. I do love that first blue one the best. I love the color of the stone, just beautiful!

I just don't have the creativity to make stuff like that. You are very talented and I hope you know that.

Willie:)

molucass
06-12-2004, 12:04 PM
All 4 of them are beautiful! But, I like the first 2 the best! :D

Very talented!

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 12:45 PM
They're awesome, Kay! I don't wear a lot of necklaces besides my puka shells and a couple dragons, but they're just the type my gf would wear! ;) *hint hint nudge nudge* Have trouble finding beads? We have so many bead shops here, it's not even funny! When's your birthday? hehe Or if I get you in the Gift Swap, maybe i'll send you a bag o beads. :)

Hey, you draw too, don't you? Ever design a tattoo? ;)

RobiLee
06-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Kay, I love them! Well done!

I think I'm going to have to put in an order.

I WANT THEM!!!!! :D ;) :p

Robin :p

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 04:07 PM
:eek: No home yet hm? Hmm..Maybe I should adopt them. :D

I'll send you a PM about it.

Amber
06-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I loove the green one! it's so nice lookin! Your veryyyyy talented!! :D I would so adopt them!

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone... :D

To be honest, I never wear jewelery. I too, don't like the feel of a necklace.... Maybe a silver chain or gold chain, but that's about it.

Originally posted by gini
Kay, the green one is lovely.

Is the cord that you use for the main part of the necklace (the part that goes around your neck) - silk cord?

Nope, it's leather. It was rather expensive (I think $17 for 25 yards)

Karen-- I'm not sure the exact length, but I cut the cord so that it easily went over my big head (even with a pony tail in)

I also tie it so that the cord is "resizable" and you can slide it into the length you prefer.

JC -- Hehe, maybe your Gf would like one? :p
My birthday is November 24th.... far from now!
We have a Michaels here, but they're so darn expensive for a small amount of beads.

I draw sometimes, but nope, never designed a tattoo. :p I was thinking of drawing a turtle for my mom though, she wants to get a tattoo of one.

primabella
06-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Very pretty necklaces Kay. :) Good work.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks Liana.

All of the necklaces, except for the second blue one have homes.
Well, the first blue one and second green one are for sure, the first green one is a thinker. :p

NoahsMommy
06-12-2004, 06:16 PM
They are all really pretty, but I'm partial to blue, so I LOVE both blue ones. They are so nice, Kay!

Look at you...our very own jewelry designer! ;)

Glacier
06-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Very nice!

I do alot of beadwork. Ebay rocks for getting beads...There are no stores up here that sell anything beyond basic seed beads. I buy tons of beads cheap off Ebay!

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Kay, we have a Michael's here too... But we have a few stores specifically for beads. One's called "Back Door Beads" (I know... such a WRONG name for a store! I totally got the wrong idea when i first saw it!) and it had hundreds of different types of beads. What's the next holiday coming up? Maybe I'll send you a "Because it's Monday" gift or something. LoL

Do you ever work with pewter or anything like that?

Miss Meow
06-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
Kay, we have a Michael's here too... But we have a few stores specifically for beads. One's called "Back Door Beads" (I know... such a WRONG name for a store! I totally got the wrong idea when i first saw it!) ...

Bad, bad girl! ;)

KA, your necklaces are gorgeous, especially the green one. :)

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
Kay, we have a Michael's here too... But we have a few stores specifically for beads. One's called "Back Door Beads" (I know... such a WRONG name for a store! I totally got the wrong idea when i first saw it!) and it had hundreds of different types of beads. What's the next holiday coming up? Maybe I'll send you a "Because it's Monday" gift or something. LoL

Do you ever work with pewter or anything like that?

LOLOL!! :p
The next holiday I believe is 4th of July. That'd be so sweet of you! :D

Nope, i've only worked with silver and the wire I used for these necklaces. I believe they're silver coated or something.. i don't know.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 10:28 PM
These two are still up for adoption...

2 new necklaces, also up for adoption.
I gave them names, easier to identify. :p
Harriot;**Harriot has a new home with countrycowgirl***
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/Harriot.jpg
Greenbean
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/Greenbean.jpg

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm SO not a bad girl!! I mean, come on! Who in their right minds would name a craft-type store Back Door Beads?!? :p I'd go in to find something that, while it might be construed as a hobby of sorts, i'd be more likely to find in a store with XXX on the sign! :)

And Kay, I'll do a little hunting around (as soon as I get a new battery in my car) and see what I can turn up for ya!

Uabassoon
06-12-2004, 11:07 PM
I think they look great! I think you should really look into starting a website or something. I bet you could make a good amount of money, I'm sure lots of people would want to buy them.

One's called "Back Door Beads" (I know... such a WRONG name for a store! I

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that! I commented about it to Alexa the other day and she looked at me like I was a freak!

RobiLee
06-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Fabulous, Kay! You are doing some great work!

I'm also gonna look around and see what kind of beads I can find for you.

Keep up the great work! I love it!

Robin :)

ticosmyham
06-12-2004, 11:23 PM
All I can say...is....:eek: :eek: WOW :eek: :eek: I agree with everybody...you rock. :)

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks everyone. :D Harriot *may* be going to a new home.

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 04:00 AM
Gerald... *waiting to be sent to his new home with NoahsMommy*
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/Gerald.jpg
Jazzy...
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/Jazzy.jpg
Both up for adoption.

**Harriot has a new home with countrycowgirl***

NoahsMommy
06-13-2004, 04:17 AM
I'm in love with Gerald.

What are the adoption requirements?

:)

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 04:29 AM
Gerald is a little skittish and shy... I'll PM him about you Kelly. :)

* Haha, i'm so lame. :p :p *

neko1
06-13-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm also interested in adopting a necklace...I promise I won't let the kitties play too roughly with him/her! (especially since he/she would be hanging from my neck!!);) :p

ChrisH
06-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Kay, they are all so pretty! :) You are soooo creative. :)

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks Chris. :)

Originally posted by neko1
I'm also interested in adopting a necklace...I promise I won't let the kitties play too roughly with him/her! (especially since he/she would be hanging from my neck!!);) :p

Hehe... Take your pick. :)
Or, if there's any of them you really like that really have homes, I could try and make one similar ( no promises though, because I don't have duplicates of every bead):)

NoahsMommy
06-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited!!!! :)

MariaM
06-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Oh wow Kay! Those are really pretty!! How much do you charge for them?

Blustang24
06-13-2004, 10:40 PM
I would like a red based one. I need one for a event. PM with details kayann. :) thanks. :)

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
Oh wow Kay! Those are really pretty!! How much do you charge for them?

Depends. :p
I sold my first necklaces $15 each, plus shipping.

PM sent, Lauren.

neko1
06-14-2004, 06:37 AM
I like all of them, but I'd really love to adopt a green one:) I like all of the styles.

ramanth
06-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Did Greenbean or Jazzy find a home yet?

EssTer
06-14-2004, 09:06 AM
:eek: AWESOME!!! I like the best that Gerald :D Are you saling them? And what's the price? I'm really interested :)

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Nope Kimmy. ;)

neko1 -- Send me a PM if you're really interested. ;)

Esster, I sent you a PM. :)

These are the ones still available.
Leslie (blue- Taken by Esster) and Adam(green)
Greenbean
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/Greenbean.jpg
Jazzy
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/Jazzy.jpg

I may make some more tonight. :)

teenster3
06-15-2004, 01:30 AM
I too am partial to the blue.
This kind of work I'm sure takes you a great deal of time & patience to create.
I really like the cord with the silver wiring.
Yeah, I would buy 1!!! As, long as it has a good clasp on it. I've paid a lot of money on necklaces and it seems like they all break too fast!
A girl at work made necklaces that were made from beads alone....no stones, no cording, and she was charging $7.00 each.
I bought 1 like what you have (except, I put a dolphin charm on) a few years ago and was charged $40.00. So, I guess it just depends on where you go, how much time is put into it, etc.
VERY PRETTY.....I know I wouldn't have the patience!

Kfamr
06-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Only one for tonight... :)
Celeste~
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/nalasimmy/jewelery/celeste.jpg

RobiLee
06-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Kay,

I love Celeste, Jazzy and Greenbean!!!!

Ugh...you're killing me here. I'll have to wait before I place another order ;)

{{HUGS}}....Robin :p

EssTer
06-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Leslie got owner :D ME! :)

Logan
06-16-2004, 09:03 AM
They are masterpieces, Kay! I am very impressed!!! :)

We have a bead store here called The Beaded Frog. It's downtown in this underground store. You go in there, pick your beads and make the jewelry yourself, with the help of their staff. Helen loves to do that! :)

zippy-kat
06-16-2004, 01:03 PM
I think you should make a pink one. ;)

Kfamr
06-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks Logan. :)

When I get pink beads I will, Tonya. :p