PDA

View Full Version : Tell me something about yourself...

teenster3
06-12-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm trying to get to know people around here & thought this might be the best way to do just that!!!!!
So, HELLO....
I'm Tina from WI, 28, married last Halloween:p. I have 2 dogs and several fish. Sorry, no pictures yet....I will try to get my husband to help me with that. I enjoy shopping, gardening, all kinds of music ( a lot of heavy rock, alternative)/ going to bars to watch bands play live music, meeting new people, traveling, outdoors, & of course animals!
So......how about YOU???

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm Kay -- 16 years old, not married or in any relationship. :p
Owned by two dogs, Simba & Nala and three fish (Betty, Loucille, & Earle)

I enjoy photography (obvious by the many pictures :p ),Watching the sunset, making jewelery, drawing, and most of all spending time with my dogs. :D

and of course, my post count shows, i'm seriously addicted to Pet Talk. :p

LoudLou
06-12-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm Katie... I am mom to 3 furry kids and one Husband. LOUD Louie is our 5 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi... and then there are The Beans, Miss Mocha Bean (Daddy's Little Princess Who Can DO NO Wrong) and Garbonzo Bean (Boo or Bonzo). They are Siamese if you please. Together they are LOUD Louie & The Beans!
We all live in Washington state. I come check out Pet Talk when time allows. My husband and I are in the Music Industry. So we both love all kinds of music, Golf... and of course doing whatever it takes to keep our furry kids happy.

Kay--- I can't believe you left out Nelly! :eek: ;)

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou

Kay--- I can't believe you left out Nelly! :eek: ;)

Hehe.. I left out music completey.. If I added that I'd go on and on!! :p

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm Ashley. I'm 16 and just finishing off my last week of grade 11. I live in gorgeous British Columbia and absolutely love it here. I'm owned by two Shetland Sheepdogs, Kai and Kaedyn. After graduation, I'm hoping to eventually start teaching (obedience) classes.

I enjoy music. Actually, I absolutely love music. I sing (in a choir and just around the house :p) and play a couple instruments (some guitar, piano and sax). I also do a bit of webdesign/graphics and also am into photography.

BCBlondie
06-12-2004, 05:10 AM
Ashley, you better sing for me one day! :p LOL :D I played my guitar for you... :p :rolleyes:

I'm Diana (pronounced Dee-aw-na!!! lol), aka Di... I'm 17 at the moment.. I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, a chicken and a rooster. I LOVE music.. I'm in a band and I'm the lead guitarist/backup singer! I also have two guitars.. :D I love all kinds of music... pretty much anything with guitar in it. I'm also a big dog fanatic (especially herding dogs!!), and I'm a computer junkie.. I enjoy designing websites and stuff. I like playing sports like basketball, volleyball, soccer, etc.. I also enjoy photography and art.. but it's hard to get my art done since I've been very lazy recently.. :p lol I also enjoy going to the dog park and driving!!!! ^_^

carole
06-12-2004, 05:18 AM
I think just about everyone knows me here by now, but for those who don't, I am Carole, only NZ'er on PT, I am married with two children, Scott 22 and Melissa 11 and have two kittys as pictured below, Ash and lexie.

I have been a member for over a year now, time sure flys by fast, especially when you are having fun.

I am Scottish by birth, but have been in NZ since a baby, apart from my parents and sister and her children and mine, everyone else is still in Scotland.

Love meeting people from all over the world and sharing stories.:)

jenluckenbach
06-12-2004, 06:01 AM
HI Tina,
I am Jen. 41, married for 20 years to Charlie. We have 15 cats! :) And we also foster cats for a local no kill rescue. Right now I have a mom and 3 babies (4 weeks old), a mom whose babies all got adopted but she is fostering 4 babies (7 weeks old), a mom whose babies all got adopted and she has just been spayed, a young adult (1 year old) who is moving to England in October and another coming tomorrow morning. whew!!! That will make 12 foster cats! :eek:

as for hobbies.........WHO HAD TIME ?!?! LOL

catnapper
06-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Hi, I'm Kim. I'm here because Jen was my Pouncer's foster mom. I updated her about how he was doing and the rest is PT history! :D

I am a free-lance Commercial Interior Designer, and I also do pencil portraits on the side. I work from home and LOVE it... only now its hard because my husband and teenage kids are home from school and I have not wanted to work at all! :) Myhusband and I have been married 3 years this August - but it feels like its been 20. He has three kids from his first marriage and I am raising them as my own. The youngest will be a freshman in highschool this year :eek:

I dote upon my three pets, especially the cats. Even my cell phone rings as a cat meow! :D Hubby says I spend too much time here, but it keeps me out of trouble! :D

lynnestankard
06-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Hello Tina

I'm Lynne, 58 and married for 34 years to Don and Mum to Diane 31 (married to a lovely American called Jason and living near Chicago) and Elizabeth 25 - (not in a relationship and over in Barcelona at the moment! ) . Oh and we live in England.
Don and I are the house servants to our gorgeous 3 cats - Bagel, Ketchum and Dan.
I adore making cards, cross stitching, reading, listening to music, going to the cinema and theatre, eating out, gardening,
travelling and shopping!!

Lynne

BitsyNaceyDog
06-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
as for hobbies.........WHO HAD TIME ?!?! LOL

Not me, that's for sure.

I'm Kari, I'm 22 and have been married for almost 4 years (our anniversary is july 17), we live in Florida. I have 3 dogs, 7 cats, 7 birds, 6 snakes, 1 iguana, 3 tortoises, 3 mice, 3 chinchillas, 1 prairie dog, 1 rabbit, and 4 fish. Oh, and did I mention we need a bigger house.

lynnestankard
06-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by KBlaix
.............Oh, and did I mention we need a bigger house.

How about buying a zoo?!! :D :D

Lynne

neko1
06-12-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm Michelle and I'm 27. June 21st will be my 1 year wedding anniversary. My husband and I live in Northern New Jersey. I run a Chiropractice office and Wellness Center. (the Dr.s do their work and I run everthing else!)

I have 4 kitties which you can see in my siggy. I love photography, decorating, and shopping!:)

Denyce
06-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi I am Denyce and I am 42 years old have been married for almost 3 years now (June 23rd) to a wonderful man that loves animals as much as I do.

We are allowed to share house space with our four cats. The other half of the house is occupied with my mother and her two cats. We had to build a wall down the middle of the house because my Deirdre and her Tribble can't stand one another.

I work for Penn State University as an Assistant Supervisor of Environmental Testing. We live on 11 acres of woods in the mountains here.

I love all animals and do what I can for animal rescue and welfare here. There is currantly a small group of us researching our laws and looking into changes that can be made so our fur children are better protected.

Denyce

dukedogsmom
06-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Hey Tina, I'm Val and I have a 20yr old Arabian horse and a 11yr old German Shepherd/Chow mix. I like some of the music you like. I also like Techno/Trance stuff. I like some Rap but not the hardcore stuff. I'm a 911 dispatcher and have been ever since I got out of high school, except for about 4 years. This was a good idea to let us all know about each other. Horse is in my sig and here we both are at our favorite hangout, the beach.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/49_1.jpg

MammaMangorin
06-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Im Victoria, soon 16yrs old from Sweden (hate it). I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 mouse, 80 snails and 46+ guineapigs...
Im breeder of guinea pigs with prefix Modig Korn... I breed Teddys, Nonself: Tortīn White, Brindle, Grey Buff Argent, Argent, Tricolor.... I just love music, i allways lissen to it :D Right now i lissent to Trance but i also love Techno, Rock etc.
I have a BF in usa :rolleyes:

Karen
06-12-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm Karen, one of the founders of PetoftheDay.com and Pet Talk, and the "mayor" - self-proclaimed but no one has argued for the job yet! I'm married to Paul, the other founder. It's really he who does all the hard work. I'm a graphic designer, been working "in my field" since graduating from Massachusetts College of Art - and that's something that cannot be said for some of the people I know who decided to choose "practical" fields instead of something they love. Hah! My little plug for following your heart, there.

We live just outside of Boston, MA with Miss Hoppy - that's the bunny in my avatar, she's a 7-year-old little brown house-bunny, litter-box trained and hops around the house!

countrycowgirl
06-12-2004, 10:11 AM
HI TINA MY NAME IS KAYLIN BUT EVERYONE CALLS ME KAYKAY.:) I HAVE THREE DOGS, TWO HORSES ,AND ONE BRAHMAN SHOW HEIFER ;) YOU CAN SEE MY HORSES AND COW IN MY SIG. I LOVE TO SHOP. I LOVE TO HANG OUT WITH MY ANIMALS AN I AM A FFA MEMBER ALSO A OFFICER FOR MY CHAPTER I ALSO BARREL RACE UMMMMM......... I THINK THATS IT :p

sirrahbed
06-12-2004, 10:43 AM
This is a fun thread as I am learning more and more!:) I am Debbie and I am 49. Hubby and I have three grown kids and three extra kids by marriage so six in all. The bosses at our home are in my siggy - three kitties. You will see assorted "Sirrahs" here and that is our family name backwards - Harris. Daughters Missy, Devon and hubby Dennis also post, the last three letters backwards are the part of the first name - got that?:D Missy is not a Harris any more but still uses the screen name!
I love to read, garden, spend WAY too much time on PT and am excited about my first grand-daughter, Misha due in August. (oldest son and daughter - not part of PT) I LOVE country music. I used to be both an RN and a 9-12 teacher - then stay home mom to skin-kids, now stay home mom to fur-kids!! Hubby and I donate time as computer consultants/builders/tutors in homes for senior citizens. That's all. :p
Here is hubby and I last year:
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/MOMDAD.jpg

jazzcat
06-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi!
I'm Lori, 36, and I've been married 13 almost 14 years. I only have my four furbabies but I used to have two finches - and I still miss their chirping.

I have a degree in Public Relations & Journalism but I don't work so I can help take care of my parents. My mother just passed away last month so now I'm even busier helping my 82 year old father who is in the very early stages of Alzheimer's. I'm also busy looking for a larger, perfect house to buy (with land for more pets) so we can move my dad and his cat, Miss Kitty in with us when the time comes.

trayi52
06-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi Tina,
My name is Willie and I am married to Jimmy my husband, have been married for 34 years this month on the 27th. I have 3 kids, 1 boy, 32, 2 girls, one 29, and one almost 19. I have 4 grandchildren, 2 boys and 2 girls, ranging from the ages 8 to 11 years old.

I have two cats, Grover and Stubby, three dogs, Dana, Buffy and Gaucho, a cockatiel name Charlie Sweet, a ferret name baby, and a capuchin monkey name Mario.

Thats about all I can even think of right now. Basically I am not a very interesting person! LOL, my husband woke me up to early this morning, I usually like to stay up late and so when he come in to wake me up, I thought I had slept longer than I should, I raised up and said, " oh my god, I can't believe I slept so" and then I looked at the clock and said, "so early!", Dern, I am so sleepy right now, I think I will go take a nap! Wake me up wanting me to go to yard sales!! Shucks, I would rather sleep!! LOL, okay, I have bored you enough, I am sleep and don't know what the heck I am saying!

Willie

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Aloha Tina! :) Good idea for a thread, btw. Wish I had thought of it. Of course, now I have to try and keep track of everyone and their names, which just confuses me even more! Thanks a lot! :p ;)

Anyhoo, I'm JC, turning 25 on July 17th (Kari's anniversary). I'm not married (it's not legal yet *sigh) but I am in a loving, committed relationship. I'm owned by 48 paws; 3 dogs (Arthur, my rotti pup; Chloe, my corgi/chow/retriever X; and Charlie, my pembroke), 7 cats (Katie, Dragon and Joey are the adults, and Katie had 4 kittens a little over a month ago), and 2 ferrets (Gizmo and Slinky). I plan on expanding my zoo as soon as we have a bigger place.

As for hobbies... I had hobbies once! LoL Nah, despite our menagerie we make it a point to still have "us time" when we can. I love music and theatre, and have been involved in both since I was about 5. I sing every chance I get and play a handful of instruments. I have half a dozen bookshelves full of books, and one of my projects is to finish my childrens' novel that I've been working on. I love the outdoors, which makes it hard for me to live in Tucson. :( I love food and fine dining, and love to cook. In fact, we're probably going to be moving to Phoenix so I can go to culinary school. :) I'm a Renaissance Faire geek, and go every year in garb. I have a weapons wall covered in swords, bows, axes and morningstars. (scared yet? hehe)

Ok... I can keep going, but I won't. You're probably going "When the heck is this chick gonna shut up???" :D

Welcome to PT!

cali
06-12-2004, 12:41 PM
hi I am shayna, I am 16 years old, and about as border collie crazy as you can get! I am just finishing grade 11 and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to anything other then animals lol if it dont have to do with animals I can study all I want but I dont get anything out of it :confused: I am also a dancer but may have to quite because of knee problems(I am going to end up with a brace on both knee's if this keeps up) I am owned by 5 dogs, 11 guinea pigs, 5 gerbils, 1 rabbit, and 2 aquariums of fish. my 6th dog is luvin gmy my best friend currently and loving it, I think she is growing on them ;) at first it was like "fine she can stay, but she is not allwoed this and this and this..." lol this weekend she is out at the lake with them, after her dad made it clear that shadow is NOT going out to the lake with them.. ;) anyway thats me in a nutshell, oh you should probibly kow that I am VERY fanatical about border collies, and VERY againt the AKC and breed standerds(unless its a working standerd of coarse lol)

davidpizzica
06-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, Tina, I'm A 55 year old PTer from Pittsburgh (plug). For a job I work as a golf course groundskeeper (no, I'm not Bill Murray). I am a bachelor and live alone with Nikki, a 3 year old tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 14 months old tortie. My hobbies include flea markets and garage sales and collecting video tapes.

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Ashley, you better sing for me one day! :p LOL :D I played my guitar for you... :p :rolleyes:

What? And make you deaf?

:p

MariaM
06-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by carole: I have been a member for over a year now, time sure flys by fast, especially when you are having fun.
Or in a coma!

I am Maria and I have one dog, Major. He is a yellow lab (cross?) and is about 4 and a half months old. I got him this year on April 12th. His birthday (that we made for him) is Jan. 25. Major is my first pet ever.

I love music, all different kinds, especially country but others are very good as well.

I love Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and just plain reading. I am in love with the internet, and also Orlando Bloom! :D

There is a lot more about me, but I don't want to make this too long!

EssTer
06-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, my name's Liga (pronounced as Lee-ga).., I'm 15 but I'll be 16 soon :)

I have cat called Buddy, but I would be happy to own siberian husky and horse :)

My hobbies are drawing, watching movies and learning languages. I really enjoy watching cartoon-type movies like Lion King and Balto :)

ticosmyham
06-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi, I'm Annie... I'm 15 years old and I live in WI too... :)

My favorite past time is playing guitar, I have three, and I'm always playin at least one of them. ;) I also love playin with my pets: 8 birds, 1.5 dogs, and one hamster.

My favorite kind of music is classic rock, and my favorite band is BON JOVI. :D

Last but not least, I am madly in love with Slyvester Stallone and the Rocky movies....

I spose I could put in a pic too...:o the only ones I have of myself are all connected, so here are 3....:) [-[Im the one in the black pants]-]

http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Gourmet_Dessert/threeofus.jpg

NoahsMommy
06-12-2004, 06:06 PM
This is a good thread. :)

Its nice to meet you, Tina! :) Congrats on your wedding, a Halloween wedding sounds really cool. Did you use that as a theme?

I'm Kelly. I'm 25, married to my husband David for 3 years. We have 8 cats (you can see them in my signature) and a freshwater aquarium of fishes. :)

I work part-time as a receptionist in a veterinary clinic and am a part-time, going on full-time student. I'm pursuing my RN as well as my PhD in Clinical Psychology. :) Can't wait!

My hobbies include being with my friends, pets and hubby, reading, shopping, and seeing movies.

:)

Amber
06-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Im Amber, Im 14 years old and im from ohio.

I have 2 dogs and 2 rodents. I love going to the movies, and I love shopping for things for the dogs. Im starting to get into photography. I also love to play any sport out there, eith basketball, vollyball, or tennis. I also love going to the beach, now that it's summer. :)

joanofark
06-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Hello, My name is Sarah. I am 13 (the baby of PT:rolleyes: ). I have 1 dog named Duke and 1 kitten named Kally. I play softball and Karate:D ! I also like country music! I like to read write and draw! And I can't forget playing with my animals!:p

If you want to learn more about different people why not view their profile?:)

Here is a pic of my Dukey boy

molucass
06-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm Cori, from TX, soon to be SC! I'm 19 yrs. old.

I am owned by 3 dogs (Felony, Annie and Bailee), and loving every minute of it... :) I also have a ton of guppies, but they don't have names. There's too many of them.

I enjoy spending time with my furkids, taking pictures, swimming, drawing, reading, writing, going to the park with the dogs, listening to country music, playing the sims (geek!), and bringing the dogs to Petsmart. :D

I am moving to South Carolina at the end of July to help take care of my grandpa who has alzheimer's. This will put me closer to my favorite beach that I've been to so far (Myrtle Beach).

P.S.) I was going through the replies and would have never thought some of you were as old, or as young as you are! :eek:

The Cat Factory
06-12-2004, 08:06 PM
My name is Chantelle and I live in BC, Canada. I am owned by 1 dog, a Golden Retriever named Buddy, and 3 cats. (Peppurr, Zeus, and Zip) I am also fostering a kitten right now, Zip's sister, Piper.

My favorite music is Classic Rock, it's pretty much all I listen too :D ,my all time favorite band is Pink Floyd, I also like Rush, Led Zeppelin, April Wine, Van Halen...

I collect DVD's and Video Games :D

alco3015
06-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi Tina. My name is Corliss. I am Cori's (molucass) mother but I also have one other daughter named Alana. She's twenty years old and has a daughter named Eden who is almost nine months old. I have been married to the same man, Alan, for 24 yrs.
I have 1 dog named Molly and 3 cats named Lilly, Lucy and Angel and several large goldfish in my pond.
I enjoy gardening (with help from my grandpup, Bailee :) ), spending time with my granddaughter, reading, going to garage sales, shopping, doing crossword puzzles, and other various things.

~Mom to Cori, Molly, Lilly, Lucy, & Angel.
~Grandma to Eden, Annie, Bailee & Felony

Miss Meow
06-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm Nicole, 34 years old and one of a small handful of Australians here :)

I live in a little house with a big backyard with my partner Shane, four cats, two dogs, a 1967 Datsun and a pink kitchen :)

I have worked with Defence as a project manager for the last 18 months but my job is being relocated interstate. I'm going through the redeployment process at the moment and looking for another position.

I love taking photos, reading almost anything, cooking up a storm, hanging out with friends and spending far too much time in front of the computer.

My little secrets are that I love Bold and the Beautiful, Survivor, driving too fast and smelling my cats :o

lisalee
06-12-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm Lisa, 35 soon to be 36 and live with my boyfriend/best friend of 15 years and the love of my life, my cat Sash. I love cats and all animals. I've had three other furkids but they have passed away. I enjoy reading, surfing the internet, decorating and of course shopping! :D I love the winter time and especially love the snow.

I do interior decorating on the side and love to travel into New York City. If you would like to see me please visit Sash's website, I created just for my boy.

Oh yeah, I'm also a vegetarian of 14 years and animal rights advocate.

Lisa & Sash

http://pages.ivillage.com/lisalee992 (Sash's website)

rg_girlca
06-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi Tina, nice to meet you.

My name is Lorraine, i'm 52 years old and i'm owned by 3 cats, Mooky, Katie, Chipper and one dog, Lhasa Apso named Buddy.
I also have a grandkitty named Sades who belongs to my youngest son Eric who is 22 and my other son Mark is 25.

I enjoy, golfing, bowling and walking.

anna_66
06-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi Tina.

I'm Anna and I'm 38. I live in Ohio and I've been married to my husband Mark for almost 18 years (it will be 18 on Halloween...what a coinsidence!).

I'm a waitress and have been at my job at Red Lobster for almost 9 years.

I'm owned by 3 dogs, Angus (rottie), Roxey (husky) and Huney (chow). Besides my husband they are the light of my life:D

As for hobbies...
I like to do scrapbooking, taking pictures and playing with my new little 10 month old niece!

This was a great idea for a thread!

RobiLee
06-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi Tina,

I'm Robin. My husband and I have been married for 21 years :eek: and we have a 20 year old son. We also have Katie, a one year old akita and Tori, a 5 month old husky. They are my babies, my girls. I work at Super Kmart, locked up in an office counting all of THEIR money. I love doggies, pet talk, movies, books and music. We live in Ohio.

Tina, I sent you a private message a couple of days ago. Have you got it yet? Do you know how to get your PM's. Just click on the "User CP" (user control panel) at the top of the page.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Robin :)

jenfer
06-13-2004, 01:12 AM
My name is Jennifer, I go by Jen. I work in a credit union and this job sucks (lol). I have a mini dachshund (see my sig), she is the best. I love her. :) I enjoy reading, spending way too much money on silly stuff, spending again way too much time in front of the computer... etc.

manda_moo87
06-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Hi, my name is Amanda I'm 17 years old and live in British Columbia where I've lived all my life and I really enjoy it here. I'm just about finished grade 11 (yay GRAD next year :D).

I am owned by 5 rabbts 4 of which are Holland Lops (Sophie, Dusty, Cinnabun, Jack and Autumn) and a cat named Squeekers.

I love art...I'm into drawing and painting and hope to write and illustrate childrens books when I'm older and plan to become a High School art teacher. I also am into photography, music, computers (games, chatting etc.).

:)

teenster3
06-13-2004, 02:54 AM
This is so awesome....the BEST way to meet people so far! Yes, I do know people have profiles but, I 1st of all didn't think of it right away and 2nd it's easier just to ask!
There's a lot of things I'd like to tell all of you but #1.....Thank You for replying and talking about yourself!!!!!
There are so many different personalities, hobbies, interests, etc. It's cool to find out the many things people are interested in! It's definitely GREAT TO MEET ALL OF YOU!!!!!
It sure looks like everyone is busy and cares for their pets a great deal.
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves!
I love all the pictures and wish I had some of my own to show off.
Yes, I got married on Halloween for a reason! My husband's favorite holiday. It was either that or Christmas (my fav.) so we opted to go with the "fun" 1. We definitely go "all out" on decorating for the holidays!!!! My hubby (Matthew) really goes all out.....I think our neighbors think we're psychotic satan worshipers!:eek: We do everything from the grave stones in the yard to, cranking up the "halloween" scary music. In fact, a few years ago he had this idea to create manaquins. So every year that we dress up, we use our costumes for manaquins. It's pretty funny, I'd guess you'd have to be there but, Matthew dresses up himself and then sets the manaquins out by the front door. When the kids come up to ring the doorbell....they think he's the manaquin and the manaquins are real! We've actually had kids SCREAM and CRY while their parents are on the sidewalk laughing hysterically!......get the laughs where you can right?!;)
But, we make up for it with the "good stuff"...full-size candy bars for making them suffer!!!:D
ROBIN......nope, I didn't know anything about the user cp....shows how much I know about computers. All I'm good at is e-mail & internet. I'll make sure to read what you wrote & write back though!
Please everyone keep writing. I think what you have to say is intersting and I forgot to add......I LOVE TO TALK!!!!:D

binka_nugget
06-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Tina, do you have an instant messenger? A bunch of us have aim and msn and I guess that's how a few of us stay so close. :)

davidpizzica
06-13-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
My name is Chantelle and I live in BC, Canada. I am owned by 1 dog, a Golden Retriever named Buddy, and 3 cats. (Peppurr, Zeus, and Zip) I am also fostering a kitten right now, Zip's sister, Piper.

My favorite music is Classic Rock, it's pretty much all I listen too :D ,my all time favorite band is Pink Floyd, I also like Rush, Led Zeppelin, April Wine, Van Halen...

I collect DVD's and Video Games :D What kind of dvds? I collect rare, out of print vhs tapes. mainly disney.

RubyMutt
06-13-2004, 11:42 AM
My name is Lindsey, I'm 20 years old. I live in Everett, WA (about 30 minutes north of Seattle). I'm owned by 1 dog (my baby girl, Ruby) and 6 fish (1 male beta - Gibson, and 5 Harlequin Rasboras - Pascal, Jester, Gondola, Martha, and Sebastian).

I've been working in the Shipping/Receiving department of a catalog company called Sun Precautions for the past 5 years. I now do mostly inventory control as well as catalog fulfillment.

I have a boyfriend named Justin, we've only been together about 4 months, but things are going well :) My roommate, Margaret, and I have been friends since we were in second grade. She's also a PT member (veegan).

I love the outdoors. I love hiking, inline skating, going to the beach, taking road trips through the North Cascades - ANYTHING out of the city and away from people ;) Especially when I have my canine companion :)

But I also do love Seattle and spending time there. I also love: going to dog parks, movies, concerts, Starbucks *drools*, music is my life after my pets, reading & writing, playing tennis, cooking/baking...

I think that's enough about me (maybe more than enough :o)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-13-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm Julie and I'm 32. I'm married with three children - Cameron (15), Amber (14) and Amy (12)

I was born in Scotland, grew up in South Africa, and moved to Bahrain (Middle East) 4 years ago.

I am owned by 2 cats, Ally and Connor. I lost my job in December, and am looking for another one, but help out at my local shelter.

I love to travel, love cruises, and would love to move the the USA or Australia!

CatMama78
06-13-2004, 02:40 PM
My name is Angela. I'm 26 and live in Plano (Dallas metro) Texas. I live with my boyfriend who is 30. We have been together 2 1/2 years. We live with 2 cats named Oreo and Wilber (in my Sig). I like to watch TV (I know, not healthy), read and play with my guys and shop. I went to school in New Orleans for four years and loved it, although I admit I got into a lot of trouble there. Besides that, I was born and raised here in Dallas.

I also am very unhappy with my job and am looking to find a different field.
:rolleyes:

thelmalu99
06-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Great thread! This should help me become acquainted with the Pet Talkers who have joined while I was gone. :)

I'm Thelma, a 33 year old single chick living in NYC with my two terrible orange tabbies, Elvis and Jack Daniel, plus two turtles, Yertle and TimTam.

I adopted Elvis and JD from a shelter three years ago, and they truly are like sunshine in my life. Elvis is now about 5 years old and JD is about 3 1/2.

My dad gave me Yertle back in 1992, but I'm not sure how old he is. He's a lovely box turtle with fabulous bright orange eyes. He has been with me for quite a while and he's very special to me.
I got TimTam from a friend whose 13 year old son didn't want him anymore. I think he may be some kind of river turtle, and he has a flat shell and two bright yellow stripes up his neck all the way up to his little nostrils. His eyes are brown and he's quite handsome. I have had him for about 2 years now. He's a lovely little guy, and I'm so glad to have him as part of my crew.

I love being with friends and/or family, I love to have a drink or two and shoot the breeze, and I love going upstate to the mountains on weekends to clear my mind, breathe some fresh air and see lots and lots of green.

I used to be into photography, but honestly, I have let that go a little. I love to read, listen to cheesy 70s and 80s music and play Scrabble, Yahtzee and Trivial Pursuit (even though I'm not too good at TP!).

Oh, and I'm very long-winded with my posts (the old-timers here can tell you that!), but I'm very happy to be back here at Pet Talk!

Sweet Sixy
06-13-2004, 09:35 PM
My name is Jessica, I am 20 (21 next month). I am a senior in college and will be graudating in December and starting grad school for child psychology/familiy counseling in Fall of 2005. I am from upstate New York, near Corning and Watkins Glen if anyone is framiliar with the area. I have had a wonderful boyfriend named Seneca for the last 5 years, we are beginning to unofficially plan a wedding. I just have my one bunny, Eeyore, unforunatly my horse had to be put to sleep in Feb. My boyfriend has 4 pets I consider part of my family, 2 dogs (Tyler the dalmataion, and Reuben the mutt), a cat that the found abandoned and adopted her (Eliose, she is the spawn of satan) and a rabbit(Matha...well actually we discovered its more like Marty, hehe) I guess thats about it for me. Sorry to keep talking, I'm really bored!

Nice to meet everyone!!!

heinz57_79
06-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Tina, you wanna talk about going all out for holidays?! Your hubby and my gf need to start a support group! LoL She has a storage unit FULL of decorations. She has a tree for every holiday - Halloween, Easter (we celebrate the Pagan spring equinox :) ), Valentines Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and of course Christmas. Come Xmas time, there's a tree in every room, lights around every window, elves and deer playing in the yard, santas on the roof, tinsel and wreaths all over the house... Christmas is her fav holiday... in fact, she's always said whenever we get settled somewhere and buy a house she wants a Christmas room. :rolleyes: I love her so I just go along with it. hehe I love decorating and all but DAMN! LoL I'm slightly worried about what she's gonna do for my birthday this year... the big Quarter Century! hehe Knowing her, it'll be strippers and pinatas and goddess knows what else! :D

The Cat Factory
06-13-2004, 10:10 PM
What kind of dvds? I collect rare, out of print vhs tapes. mainly disney.

A whole bunch of different DVD's :D My favorites are my Pink Floyd dvd's. I love the Led Zeppelin DVD that I have too, it's a whole bunch of live footage :)

davidpizzica
06-14-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by thelmalu99
Great thread! This should help me become acquainted with the Pet Talkers who have joined while I was gone. :)

I'm Thelma, a 33 year old single chick living in NYC with my two terrible orange tabbies, Elvis and Jack Daniel, plus two turtles, Yertle and TimTam.

I adopted Elvis and JD from a shelter three years ago, and they truly are like sunshine in my life. Elvis is now about 5 years old and JD is about 3 1/2.

My dad gave me Yertle back in 1992, but I'm not sure how old he is. He's a lovely box turtle with fabulous bright orange eyes. He has been with me for quite a while and he's very special to me.
I got TimTam from a friend whose 13 year old son didn't want him anymore. I think he may be some kind of river turtle, and he has a flat shell and two bright yellow stripes up his neck all the way up to his little nostrils. His eyes are brown and he's quite handsome. I have had him for about 2 years now. He's a lovely little guy, and I'm so glad to have him as part of my crew.

I love being with friends and/or family, I love to have a drink or two and shoot the breeze, and I love going upstate to the mountains on weekends to clear my mind, breathe some fresh air and see lots and lots of green.

I used to be into photography, but honestly, I have let that go a little. I love to read, listen to cheesy 70s and 80s music and play Scrabble, Yahtzee and Trivial Pursuit (even though I'm not too good at TP!).

Oh, and I'm very long-winded with my posts (the old-timers here can tell you that!), but I'm very happy to be back here at Pet Talk! Thelmalu99, we LOVE long windedness(if that is a word) here. Sometimes when I post, I feel like I'm writing War and Peace!!!lollol

davidpizzica
06-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
A whole bunch of different DVD's :D My favorites are my Pink Floyd dvd's. I love the Led Zeppelin DVD that I have too, it's a whole bunch of live footage :) I have Pink floyd The Wall on vhs and Tommy, also Woodstock on dvd.

teenster3
06-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Heinz57...
Whewwww.....that is a lot of decorating. I have to admit I have dec.'s for every holiday myself but, I think she's got me beat!:) I do love Christmas but, I think Halloween is definitely the funnest!!!!

WOW......I didn't realize just HOW MANY people were actually on Pet Talk!:cool:
It's going to be difficult to remember everyone on here but, it's so cool to see so many!!!!!!!!

Binka_nugget.......I do have msn but, I'm not sure what aim is???:confused: I'm not the greatest at computers period. So, any knowledge would be very helpful.

I'm just not sure if I should IM people.....do you guys like that more than posting in general?
I talk A LOT so, people might get bored with what I say!!! I'm a good listener too but, when it comes to be my turn......watch out. My husband always throws it in my face that when we 1st met, how he couldn't get a word in edge wise!!!!!:D

The Cat Factory
06-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I have Pink floyd The Wall on vhs

I love that movie!

mruffruff
06-16-2004, 01:11 PM
I've been on PetTalk for about 3 years or so, but I don't post a lot. I can only access the Net from work so I can lurk but don't have a lot to say.

I'm 61 and 3/4, single, and office manager for a neon sign supply distributor.

My skin kid is 38 and HER skin kid is almost 9.

I have 4 dogs, all mixes; Bear, Scruffy, Samson and Bella Mae
--and 7 cats; BC, Dale, Mooch, Shai, Missy, Scooter, and as of last night, Gary. The cats have their own room and an ouside pen for their safety.

I keep busy with home improvements, reading and rescue. I also help Pets, Inc., a no-kill shelter as much as I can.

Mary

DJFyrewolf36
06-16-2004, 01:47 PM
About me?!

Hi, I'm Kristina, 22 in Nevada. Im owned by two rats, a mutt dog and a leopard gecko *that needs food, gotta go to the store again!* I enjoy Dj-ing *Techno, trance, new wave, rave, hardcore, gothic industrial, some hip hop, some rap* writing, posting on this thingy, taking pictures, bowling, combat *mostly beating up the hubby in a wrestling match or with a padded stick lol*, and video games *From PC to PS2 to the original NES, I've played mostly every system ever built and have a lot of em hooked up to the tv right now lol* . Right now Im playing Command and Conquer: Tiberian sun and its making me sooooo angry cause this one mission is imposible lol.

I work at the Nevada Department of Transportation, don't ask me what I do because sometimes I don't even know lol.

Im going to post a bizillion pix this weekend *finally found all of my pix on my parents computer!!* so be looking for it :)

My Peanuts
06-16-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm Diana and I'm 23 years old. I'm half Italian and the other half is mostly Ukrainian with some Polish and Austrian. I have been dating the same guy, Tim, for over 9 years. We were engaged for 4 years, but decided to hold off on that. I still live at home with my parents.

I have two dogs, a Pug and a JRT mix (Sylvia & Harley). I have 4 fish and three cockatiels. Well actually 2 at the moment. The baby is still being hand raised and he isn't home yet :p

I have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration and Economics for Dominican University. Dominican is a small Catholic University in River Forest, Illinois. I plan to go back for my Masters.

Oh, and I LOVE playing The Sims!:D

CatMama78
06-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
About me?!

Hi, I'm Kristina, 22 in Nevada. Im owned by two rats, a mutt dog and a leopard gecko *that needs food, gotta go to the store again!* I enjoy Dj-ing *Techno, trance, new wave, rave, hardcore, gothic industrial, some hip hop, some rap* writing, posting on this thingy, taking pictures, bowling, combat *mostly beating up the hubby in a wrestling match or with a padded stick lol*, and video games *From PC to PS2 to the original NES, I've played mostly every system ever built and have a lot of em hooked up to the tv right now lol* . Right now Im playing Command and Conquer: Tiberian sun and its making me sooooo angry cause this one mission is imposible lol.

Kristina, I play most of the current game systems too. But I only like hack and slash, RPG games like Baldur's gate and Champions of Norrath and I love the Dark Cloud series. :)

DJFyrewolf36
06-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CatMama78
Kristina, I play most of the current game systems too. But I only like hack and slash, RPG games like Baldur's gate and Champions of Norrath and I love the Dark Cloud series. :)

Are you a Final Fantasy nut or did you avoid that rabbit hole lol?
Oh and have you played any of the Gauntlet games? One arcade version I played lets you be a chicken if you put in the right code...a fire breathing chicken at that :) I like Baulders gate but I soooo stink at that game. I always end up getting lost :(
I like all kinds of games. I'll be the first person in line to try a new game! *I even have a Game Crazy MVP card to enter tournaments* My favorites though are First Person Shooters *like Unreal Tournament* , Fighters *Tekken, Soul Caliber*, and real time strategy *C & C, warcraft*

emily_the_spoiled
06-17-2004, 10:50 AM
I am 39 (soon to be 40) and currently living in Baltimore, but working in DC. Needless to say I am moving within the next month to be a little closer (and reduce the hour and 45 minute commute to something more managable). I am not married and do not have a SO, but I have plenty of friends.

I am currently owned by three cats, Emily (the boss), Tanner, and Charlie. I also do some fostering through a program for the military (when they are shipped over seas). Currently I have Gay and Bigodinho staying with me until the soldier's mother gets back.

I have spent more time in University (13 years) than anything else in my life, including holding a job. But the end result has been a PhD and a job that I am truely enjoying. (Some more of that follow your heart stuff.)

I enjoy knitting and designing my own sweaters. I enjoy music, the theater and movies, but never quite have enough time to go...

Katiesmom
06-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey, Tina!

I'm Crystal I'm 26 years old and I am married been that way for well be 4 years October 14th and I have one son named Christopher hes 3....btw he just had a hernia repair surgery..

I enjoy computers, shopping, and gardening this is just a few...

I am owned by to bunnies Cotton and Katie ....Katie is in my sig

I love all kinds of music..not to picky there...I'm also in the process of building a house which we have been building for 5 years but when you build it yourself it takes time

I'm also in college i'm taking Information Systems...ITs computers inside and out...

Well this is all I can think Of right now ....Its nice to meet ya:D

teenster3
06-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey, Tina!

I'm Crystal I'm 26 years old and I am married been that way for well be 4 years October 14th and I have one son named Christopher hes 3....btw he just had a hernia repair surgery..

I enjoy computers, shopping, and gardening this is just a few...

I am owned by to bunnies Cotton and Katie ....Katie is in my sig

I love all kinds of music..not to picky there...I'm also in the process of building a house which we have been building for 5 years but when you build it yourself it takes time

I'm also in college i'm taking Information Systems...ITs computers inside and out...

Well this is all I can think Of right now ....Its nice to meet ya

oh,
Hernia repair surgery? That sounds painful! How does that work?:eek:

Katiesmom
06-19-2004, 08:14 PM
They go in and close up the hole in the lining of the stomach....its at the bottom of his stomach like right above his private area...Yes it was painful for him the first couple of days..but the day after he was out riding his bike and playing but he new his limits:)