PDA

View Full Version : Yessums, I know this is a silly question. XB

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:22 AM
What would happen to me if I ate or licked a dog treat? o.o; Would I get sick? What would happen? Just wondering, lol! I'm curious..xD

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 12:23 AM
If they're normal, perfectly fine, dog treats...nothing will happen. I've done it before.

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:24 AM
lol! thanks. XD

Uabassoon
06-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Nothing would happen. I did it once on a dare and I was fine.

Moose
06-12-2004, 12:25 AM
Yuck ... why would you want to do that 'ilovemydoggy'?

Gross! haha. :p:D

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:25 AM
Cause' I wanna taste one, not swallow, just taste to see why my dog don't like these dog treats. lol!!!

Moose
06-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Taste away, I guess. :p;)

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:28 AM
So are you completely sure they are safe to taste? They are milk-bone dog treats.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes.... LOL.

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Mmm, I tasted it! O_O *gasps* DID I JUST ACTUALLY TASTE IT? O_O! It tastes good, really. :o *goes off to brush teeth*

Moose
06-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Yuck! haha. Soooo ... is it so good you'll try it again? ;)

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 12:45 AM
They're really dry and actually rather tasteless.

These (real)chicken jerky strips though, that dukedogsmom bout my two pups were rather tasty... just dry.

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:46 AM
What would happen if you tried a soft and sorta mushy one? o_O;;..

Moose
06-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Ilovemydoggy

Heck, you've already tried one ... why not just go for it all? haha.

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Moose
Heck, you've already tried one ... why not just go for it all? haha.

lol!

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 12:51 AM

Then you'd tried a soft, sorta mushy, one. :p

teenster3
06-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Are you going to ask about how dog food tastes too???:)
I think it's too smelly. Have you ever bought a bone called "tea green bones???Now they do smell good. Hmm....maybe I'll try 1 of those!!!!:D

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Haha, I've tried them all! It was a dare but I got paid for it.

The really expensive pepperoni ones were really good! I have a feeling they're just regular pepperoni. :p

The worst was probably Eukanuba. That stuff is just NASTY! No wonder Kai hates it.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Beggin Strips are pretty good.. they're just really dry.

LoudLou
06-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Are we BORED tonight? ;) :D

BCBlondie
06-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Are we BORED tonight? ;) :D
LOLOL!! I think so.. ^_-

ROFLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! XP this thread is so funnny..

I've tried dog food stuff too when I was younger.. doesn't taste toooo bad.... >.< LOL :p

primabella
06-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Whoo! Feels like I've got front row seats to a Freak Show! :D

Hehehe

Ash, so Eukanuba tastes terrible? Ack...poor Mickey. We are sooo switching his food now.

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
LOL. :p

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Ash, so Eukanuba tastes terrible? Ack...poor Mickey. We are sooo switching his food now.

Haha well from my own experience, yes. :p But taste isn't everything right? If he's doing well on it..then who cares if it tastes like... er... junk..... ahhaha. Chicken soup was a bit better but I think dog food in general is just gross. The treats on the other hand.. :D

Amber
06-12-2004, 04:04 PM
bleck! I was dared by my brother to eat a dog treat. it didn't tast too good.

never again......:rolleyes: :p

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I've never tried dog food.... Hmmmmm...

MariaM
06-12-2004, 04:08 PM
lol I tried a puppy milk bone, it was absolutely DISGUSTING! I had to spit it out lol. (it was just a little bit of one, not a whole one) I have never tried any other sort of dog food/treat type thing though.

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2004, 04:41 PM
So of those dog treats smell pretty darn good! I tell my girls maybe mom will eat these instead. Hmm... maybe I should try one:rolleyes:

LoudLou
06-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Funny story... When I was *cough* young, my mother went on that Tupperware craze. Everything in the kitchen got put in Tupperware, including my breakfast cereal AND the Meow Mix....
Let's just say that Meow Mix and milk at 7AM is EXTREMELY ICKY!!!!! :eek:

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah one time my mom-in-law bought some treats for the neighbors dog. They were pupperonis and dad-in-law thinks slim jims and starts chowing down!She caught him and busted out laughing.He didn't think they were too bad:D

primabella
06-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Haha well from my own experience, yes. :p But taste isn't everything right? If he's doing well on it..then who cares if it tastes like... er... junk..... ahhaha. Chicken soup was a bit better but I think dog food in general is just gross. The treats on the other hand.. :D

LOL they should be regular party favors. :p In a nice big bowl. :D

"Welcome to my home! Would you like some dog treats? We have Milkbones and Scooby Snacks. Just take what you need. They'll be on this table so whenever you want...dig in!" ;)

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 05:17 PM
You mean people don't do that regularly already?
:confused: :p

I swear, we have more dog treats/bones to snack on then we have human snacks anyways.:p

cali
06-12-2004, 05:17 PM
lol that reminds me of a funny story, my and my friend took shadow and dakota for a nice long walk, my friend brought a bunch of great big milkbones lol now my friend said something about how gross they tast and no wonder dakota refused to eat them.. well I told her to give me one, lol I was only joking at first, but I ended up eating the whole thing! it was really good, tasted liek beef noodles! :D

Twisterdog
06-12-2004, 05:23 PM
My son once ate an entire large Milkbone, on a dare from one of his friends. He said it tasted like cereal, only a little like meat-flavored cereal. *gag*

He was perfectly fine.

Kfamr
06-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Funny story... When I was *cough* young, my mother went on that Tupperware craze. Everything in the kitchen got put in Tupperware, including my breakfast cereal AND the Meow Mix....
Let's just say that Meow Mix and milk at 7AM is EXTREMELY ICKY!!!!! :eek:

LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

I'm sure the kitties would have liked it... :p

trayi52
06-12-2004, 05:32 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Omg, how funny!! You really love your dogs, don't you? As it should be!!

Willie:D

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
I seriously think that the milk bone doggy treats taste good..O_O;; I would eat one again if I wanted...I wonder why my doggy don't like them. XD!!

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I seriously think that the milk bone doggy treats taste good..O_O;; I would eat one again if I wanted...I wonder why my doggy don't like them. XD!!

LOL! We have some treats from a local doggy bakery that I LOVE! LOLOL. It's seriously really good. It has really good ingredients so maybe I'm not so nuts for liking them so much.. :p

Ilovemydoggy
06-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
LOL! We have some treats from a local doggy bakery that I LOVE! LOLOL. It's seriously really good. It has really good ingredients so maybe I'm not so nuts for liking them so much.. :p

lol!! what are they called?

binka_nugget
06-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Beef bits? I'm not sure.. but they're tiny little squares. They have garlic, cheese, flour, molasses and some other goodies in there.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-12-2004, 09:48 PM
I've only ever tried a milk bone and that didn't really taste like anything at all. I don't think I could ever try a beggin' strip or a puparoni. I don't even buy them for my dogs because I can't stand the smell of them. They smell very strong of salt.

mspenny719
06-13-2004, 08:39 AM
A dog likes the taste of their own butt! Go figure why they like what they do. I don't think tasting their treats is going to tell you anything.

Penny

trayi52
06-13-2004, 11:17 AM
I tell you I have never tasted what they eat, but I have been tempted!

These young ladies are doing what I done many years ago, when my skin kids were little babies. Back then, you would buy baby food in a jar. Well, it looked, hmmm, how should I put this? It looked disgusting! But the babies ate and liked it, so I as a mother decided it was time I tasted what I was feeding my babies. Oh, yuck, it was awful, so bland, but babies were not used to getting salt in their food anyway, so they didn't know they were missing out on the taste of salt.

When my last one was born, Heinz had come out with a dry food that you mix with water. I tasted it, and it was actually good!
Anyway my point is they are just trying to see if their babies is getting the best in treats and even foods. LOL, they are going to become great mothers someday to human kids! Yes indeed, great mothers! That is if they choose to have children, and that of course will be their decision.

I think you are all so sweet, the way you take care of you babies, and I really admire you for it.

This is indeed a very good thread, funny, but shows so much how much you care for your little puppers!

Willie:)

K9soul
06-13-2004, 11:20 AM
This is such a cute thread. It reminds me a bit of the smelling doggie feet thread :D

I have tried a bit of dog food and milk bone, but I was younger. I haven't now in awhile. But I have smelled some of the foods/treats when I have been hungry before and have been very tempted to try one. Maybe next time I should :D