PDA

View Full Version : I HATE this week!!!

NoahsMommy
06-11-2004, 12:21 PM
:( I wish it would hurry up and be over....its been one of my most uncomfortable, painful weeks ever!

On Sunday, David and I went to lunch and I couldn't eat after my first bite. I couldn't catch my breath, I felt feverish and exhausted...even after sleeping 12 hours the night before.

We went to see Harry Potter after lunch and I was FREEZING in the theater, I was wearing jeans and a sweater!

When we got home, my temperature was at 102.7. So David went to the store for some juice bars and asperine.

Apparently, I can't take asperine, it makes my stomach BURN! :(

I had to stop eating/drinking at midnight, because I had my Small Bowel Series the next morning. I sweated so much, I was sooooo thirsty and I couldn't drink a thing. I had originally thought I was just nervous for the test.

I awoke with a 103 temp and couldn't even brush my teeth because I was so nauseous. I took my shower sitting in the tub. :(

I had to try and do my test, I thought I was just making myself ill because I was afraid to throw up all the barium I had to swallow.

After about a whole tin of Altoids, I got the two bottles of barium down and two hours later was all done! I AM a superstar...it can normally take 4! ;)

We left and I was still feeling horrible. I couldn't eat lunch, I could barely stomach Sprite.

I tried asperine with milk the next night, still burning. :( I hate sleeping with such a high temperature. Sweating in bed is ick...I hate it!!!!

I tried Niquil and that made me so jumpy, I couldn't lay down!

I went to my doctor yesturday morning and found out I have the flu!!! WONDERFUL!!

Is it get better time yet??? :( :( :(

aly
06-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Kelly, I am so sorry you're feeling so sick. I can definately sympathize. I was at the ER twice last week. This week is much beffer for me though so I hope it gets better for you too! Kiss your kitties and let them help David take care of you!

sirrahbed
06-11-2004, 01:36 PM
((((((KELLY)))))) You poor baby - there is just no way to get away from the chills and nausea of the flu!!! It just takes time and feels like eternity - and all this on top of yucky medical tests!! Can you take Tylenol or an Antacid with the Aspirin so it does not burn your belly???
Can you climb under a bunch of warm blankets???? Too sweaty??Take tiny sips of some liquid with a straw? Something like flat gingerale? Also the BRAT diet helps usually - Banana- Rice - Applesauce - Toast
more ((((HUGS))))
Altoids burn me - don't they burn you?

zippy-kat
06-11-2004, 02:36 PM
:( Kelly, keeping you in my thoughts until you are well again!

catlover4ever
06-11-2004, 02:44 PM
:( :( Kelly, I'm sending you some cyber {{{{hugs}}}} to make you feel better. I hope you get over the flu quickly. I will keep you in my thoughts. :) :)

Make sure you furgang takes good care of you while you are feeling blue . It always helps me when my furkids come and stay with me when I don't feel good...it seems like I feel better quicker when I have their company. Take care of yourself. --- Meg

jazzcat
06-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Kelly, I'm so sorry you're feeling so badly. Take care and get lots of rest and soon it will be get better time.

gini
06-11-2004, 02:50 PM
It is absolutely time for you to be well.

I hope you have a feeling great weekend.

ramanth
06-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry you are not feeling well. :( *hugs*

Randi
06-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. :( The BRAT diet sounds like a good idea!

Sending get well wishes to you! :) Take care!

Karen
06-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Poor poor poor you!

It's no fun being sick - not at all! I've only had the flu once in my whole life - and I apparently caught it LEAVING the hospital from my brain surgery (acoustic neuroma). I just thought I was still adjusting from that trauma physiologically, but when I went back to get mys stitches out, I was shivering, sweating and miserable in the hallway outside the doc's office. The resident who removed my stitches (not very gently or gracefullymm btw., said, "Oh, you've just got the flu, that's all," when I explained my misery. Well, maybe to her it was "JUST the flu," but I sure didn't like it. You have my sympathy.

Felicia's Mom
06-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Sorry you are sick Kelly. Get well soon!

DJFyrewolf36
06-11-2004, 03:20 PM
:( the flu is NEVER ever fun...I caught it at the same time I had brohnchitis (sp?) and puked every time I had a caughing fit *groan*

I wish you to feel better for the weekend!!! Get well soon!!!! Have the furkids around, they'll make you feel beter!

AmberLee
06-11-2004, 04:11 PM
{{{Kelly}}},

So sorry that you are feeling so poorly. Saying prayers for your quick recovery. Hang in there. It's a nasty bug going around this time.

Pam
06-11-2004, 04:26 PM
(((((HUGS))))) to you Kelly. I hate hearing that you are sick. Please hurry and get well. Shame on you, nasty old flu bug, for making our Kelly sick. :mad:

Cinder & Smoke
06-11-2004, 04:41 PM
... said,
"Oh, you've JUST got the flu, that's all!"

Grrrrrr! :mad:

Ever notice how *easy* is for someone who DOESN'T
have The Flu to say that!? :mad:

Next worse is "It's JUST a cold!"

{{{HUGS}}}, Kelly! ;)

/s/ Phred

Steffi N
06-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Poor Kelly, I am so sorry the flu bug came in and bit you.
Please have the kitties help chase it away.
I hope you are feeling better very soon. ((HUGS))
You were very strong and brave to go ahead with your test.

Aly, I hope everything is okay with you now.

trayi52
06-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh no, Kelly I am so sorry you have to be feeling so terrible! I hope you get well soon.

Get to feeling better soon, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Willie

NoahsMommy
06-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by aly
Kelly, I am so sorry you're feeling so sick. I can definately sympathize. I was at the ER twice last week. This week is much beffer for me though so I hope it gets better for you too! Kiss your kitties and let them help David take care of you!
Aly,
Are you OK??? :( I'm worried about you...

NoahsMommy
06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys. :)

I'm feeling a little better now. I slept in till 1:00, it was my first Saturday off in 3 weeks, very timely.

David made me waffles for breakfast/lunch today and I was able to eat one and even drink some orange juice. My tummy hurts, but that's kind of normal for me. ;)

Gosh, everyone's experience with the flu sounds horrible! Especially for DJFyrewolf36. :(

A good thing..hee hee..is that my new doctor is super cute and super nice...at least I get to see something beautiful while I feel like crap. ;)

Miss Meow
06-12-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your illness!

Get well soon. I know your wonderful husband and cat family will nurse you to full health soon, but you'd better see your cute doctor once or twice again, just to be sure, right? ;) :)

heinz57_79
06-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Oh you poor, poor thing! :( I'm so sorry you're not feeling quite up to par. I had the flu so bad a couple years back that I actually threw up in the car... not fun!

The BRAT diet works pretty good, unfortunately because I've had so many problems with my tummy since i had typhoid in high school, I can't even LOOK at a banana any more! :rolleyes: My rice is still my staple! :D Do you drink tea? It can really soothing and shouldn't irritate your tummy too much. My gf and I just found a new tea and it's fabulous! It's Celestial Seasonings brand, and it's called Madagascar Vanilla Red. It smells divine and is really good with sugar and milk or cream. It was all I could stomach a couple weeks ago when my tummy was acting up yet again. Blah...

If Aspirin bothers you, I'd suggest you don't take it. Stick to Tylenol if you have to take something. I can't take aspirin either, messes up my tummy and my heart. Not good. :(

Just take it easy and get lots and lots of rest! Feel better soon!

ChrisH
06-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Kelly, sorry to hear you are sick. :( Glad to read that you felt a little better yesterday.

Hugs
Chris

kimlovescats
06-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Kelly, I'm sorry you have been so sick ... but glad that it sounds like you are starting to feel better. Why do you take aspirin? Ibuprofen is the best drug for reducing fever! You can also take it along with Tylenol (acetaminophen) to help with pain as well. Aspirin and high fever combined can have very serious side effects .... Reye's Syndrome ... mostly in young kids, but I wouldn't chance it. Plus, aspirin is well known for stomach upset, and with IBS you certainly shouldn't take that!

Of course, I now have to take a baby aspirin daily for my heart because of diabetes .... but my drug for pain, fever, etc... is always Ibuprofen (Motrin, if brand name).

;)

NoahsMommy
06-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Kelly, I'm sorry you have been so sick ... but glad that it sounds like you are starting to feel better. Why do you take aspirin? Ibuprofen is the best drug for reducing fever! You can also take it along with Tylenol (acetaminophen) to help with pain as well. Aspirin and high fever combined can have very serious side effects .... Reye's Syndrome ... mostly in young kids, but I wouldn't chance it. Plus, aspirin is well known for stomach upset, and with IBS you certainly shouldn't take that!

Of course, I now have to take a baby aspirin daily for my heart because of diabetes .... but my drug for pain, fever, etc... is always Ibuprofen (Motrin, if brand name).

;)

ACK! I have crohn's, not IBS.... ;)

I just was used to taking aspirin from when I was young I guess. When I went to the doctor, I was repremanded and told to take Tylenol. It works pretty well. :)

I felt good enough today to take Livvy on a walk and reorangize her cage. Of course, I don't want to eat or anything, but that'll come back eventually.

Thanks everyone for being so sweet. I just wanted to vent. I was so annoyed that no one at work cared I'm still coming in with the flu I just had to "scream" on here.

moosmom
06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Oh Kelly you poor kid!! The minute you started describing your symptoms, I figured it was the flu. Trying to sleep with a high temp IS no fun!! I should know, I do it every night. Only it's not a high temp, it's call Meno-Freakin-Pause!!!!!

Fell better soon honey!! Make David pamper you!

(((hugs))))

sirrahbed
06-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Meno-Freakin-Pause!!!!!

Funny one Donna! I went to a little birthday party today for my DIL's mom - we are about that age. Heard two more descriptions: "my own personal summers" and "power surges"- me I say I am still a hot babe - just comes in flashes!:rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Kelly, I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier but I'm glad to hear that you're finally starting to feel better.:)
You need to get yourself well and stay well because the LA Barbeque will be here before you know it. Please take care.:)