PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!!

ILoveReptiles
06-11-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm so tired of this. My Acid Reflux came back. The doctor has me on Prevacid, but it's still so annoying - the burning pain. Ugh.

Does anyone else have this problem?

sirrahbed
06-11-2004, 10:59 AM
My hubby has it something awful!!! I know it must be misery!!! Does it happen mostly with certain foods??? Hubby does best if he does not eat after about 4pm and never lies down after eating. Prevacid did not help him but there are other things to try like Prilosec and Nexium, etc. It may be a great med for you though!! He also feesl better if he stays away from things like pizza, tomatoey stuff, orange juice, bacon, peanut butter, chocolate. His *magic remedy* if he gets it at night is a slice of white bread and a glass of milk!!

Logan
06-11-2004, 11:22 AM
My husband takes Prevacid too. He still has a problem, every now and then, but he is so much better than he was. Good luck!

NoahsMommy
06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Yes! I HATE that so much. The worst was when I was hositalized in March and I kept vomiting, but had heartburn/reflux at the same time. :(

While I'm on Aciphex, I still get it every so often, water makes it MUCH worse, milk helps a bit.

DJFyrewolf36
06-11-2004, 12:13 PM
I get it ocasionally...prilosec worked well and so does nexium. I only get it with stress though :o so its a matter of not getting :mad: :mad: :mad: at things and being relaxed. I can DRINK tabasco and be fine but if Im stressed I can't even drink milk without it hurting :rolleyes: The hubby has an ulcer so we have no lack of anti-acid stuff around the house!

Good luck and get well soon, I know how evil this sort of thing can be!

catnapper
06-11-2004, 01:38 PM
You mean it actually went away? I have tried everything... Prilosec OTC is a joke. The Nexium is working, but I'll go broke buying the prescription - our prescription plan is pretty minimal, so this one costs a chunk of change for some reason. If I miss it for even one day, I'm feeling it by noon, and ready to die my night time. The only good thing about having the heartburn is that I have absolutely no desire to eat anything! :D

ILoveReptiles
06-12-2004, 11:32 AM
I think what did it this time was the Robitussin I took just before going to bed - I've had a really bad cold the last week or so.

It's still causing pain, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. The Prevacid appears to be working.

I'm taking it slow on eating anything that could aggravate the condition...