PDA

View Full Version : luke

Lillycat
06-11-2004, 01:38 AM
such an unusual, beautiful dog! congratulations to the dotd!!!

Kfamr
06-11-2004, 01:45 AM
What a handsome dog you are!! :eek:
I just love your markings.
Congratluations on your day!

lbaker
06-11-2004, 05:15 AM
LUKE, you have touched my heart.......thank you.
Kay.. what are you doing up so early?

anna_66
06-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Oh my just look at that face...it's just adorable:D

Luke I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a bad start at life but it sounds as if you've really found a great forever home with people who love you very much.

I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating you special day as our DOTD!

sasha the cat
06-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Luke, the Bluetick Coonhound from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada -- what a handsome doggie you are! Mew, mew my KatMa said you are Lucky Luke [just like the NHL hockey player, Luke Robitaille!].

Your fursons are very, very lucky to have found you. What awesome treasures are found at humane shelters.

Mew, I'm a rescued pet too so I know how wonderful it is to find our forever home. Your little children fursons and the pussycats make your forever home just purrrfect.

Luke, you are one very special Dog of the Day and your furparents are special too.

Logan
06-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Luke, what a handsome fellow you are!!! :) I'm not sure I have ever seen a dog like you before, but I sure would love to meet you in person! You sound like a wonderful companion and I love how you person said that you were the puzzle piece that was missing from the family!!!! :) What special words about a special boy!!! :)

Congratulations, Luke, on being our Dog of the Day!!!! :D

pipersmom
06-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Luke, you set my heart to thumpin' when I saw your gorgeous face this morning. We love you Blueticks here in Tennessee (we have Smokey, the Univ. of Tn. mascot)!

What a good boy you are to watch over your siblings and to play so nicely with the kitties!

I am so very happy to congratulate our beautiful Lukey, absolutely dashing DOTD!! I'd like to kiss your nose!

K9soul
06-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Luke, what a dear and special boy we have for our DoTD honoree! Your eyes are filled with all the attributes that your Mom described: Love and gentleness and loyalty. You are certainly a handsome boy too!

I'm sure as you continue to build trust with your wonderful family, your anxiety will ease. Don't fret dear Luke, you are in your forever home now! You will never be abandoned, for it is obvious that your family loves you deeply and has taken you fully into their hearts and home.

Hugs and kisses to you sweetie, have a wonderful day with lots of happy wags, treats and loving!

Daisy and Delilah
06-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Just look at that cute face Luke! That coat is beautiful too. What a special doggie you are!! To your loving family; thank you for adopting this beautiful, wonderful boy. You are giving him the good life he deserves!! God Bless you. Luke, you are obviously a very very very goooood boy!! We are so glad that you have found a wonderful forever family to enjoy your life with. We both are very familiar with seperation anxiety. Our Mom has us following her everywhere. Just ask her! This is Daisy, Luke...I am the worst one. Mama can not get out of my sight without me getting very depressed and sad. Neither one of us can say that this will ever get any better but we hope you don't get too sad Big Lukie. Congratulations Luke on being our wonderful DOTD and continue to love your life like we do!!:D :D

Love, Daisy and Delilah in Sunny Florida:cool: :cool:

apcrs5122
06-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Congratulations sweet Luke!:D You are such a gorgeous boy, and deserve to be our DOTD!:)

LHCamry
06-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Luke

You are a very handsome fellow. Glad that you have found a family that loves you very much. Congragulations on DOTD. Have a wonderful Life.:) :) :)

Jax
06-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Lukie boy, you are such a handsome little man!! Those eyes would make anyone's heart melt! You rock Luke! :cool: It was so very nice to meet you and hear about your wonderful new life today! Congrats for being Our Adoooorable Dog of the Day! :) :D :)

tatsxxx11
06-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Reading your beautiful story brought tears to my eyes, dear Luke:) You were the missing piece to the family "puzzle" and now their pack is complete! Doggies have a way of working such magic!:)

After suffering such awful neglect at the hands of your former owners, who can blame you for not wanting to be far from your people, Luke. Bless their hearts for having the dedication and patience to help you deal with your separation anxiety. But there's no doubt you repay them their kindness every day with your loyalty, devotion and friendship) And not to worry, Luke! Your family's love for their special boy will never fade and for them, forever home means just that, forever!

You and your family are both equally blessed to have found each other and I wish for you all many, many happy years of uncondtional love:) What lucky skin kids to have precious Luke to be by their side, protecting and loving them, as they grow up!:)

Congratulations to you handsome Luke, our sweetest, most desderving, EXTRA special Dog of the Day:) Lots of hugs and happy tail wags to you sweet boy from Sandra, Cody and Star:)

duke_the_dachshund
06-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Dear Luke:

You are such a handsome boy! I am glad that you found your forever home.

I am a rescue dog too. I think that makes us brothers in some sort of way!

I had terrible separation anxiety when I first went to my new forever home. My daddy tried everything to help me adjust but things seemed to get worse instead of better. I didn't know wha t to do to make my daddy happy so I acted out in fear. I completely forgot about my house training and went potty in the house. I was so scared, I would even go potty in my crate! I overheard Daddy calling the rescue one day to talk about sending me back. He had tried everything he knew but I wasn't responding. Daddy had never worked with a troubled dog before. I was so scared in my new home and daddy was really sad when he was thinking about sending me back.

I am so glad that he talked to the folks at the rescue before sending me back because they recommended a very good trainer to teach us what we both needed to know to make my forever home a happy home. The trainer taught my daddy what he needed to do to teach me how to be a happy and well behaved dog. We have worked very hard together, and I know what Daddy likes and Daddy knows what I like. My separation anxiety is so much better! I am now a very good boy when Daddy leaves because I know he is going to come back to me very soon. My training has gone so well that my Daddy takes me everywhere! I love to go shopping at the pet friendly mall here in Phoenix. The shops have so many things for a little dog like me to explore!

I now know that my new forever Daddy would never send me back now. My new daddy loves me very much and takes very good care of me too! I am glad because I love him too!

Keep working with your new family, Luke because they love you very much. You will be a happy and confident dog before you know it!

Your friend,

Duke

axlelee
06-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Luke, you are a beauty! Tell your folks NOT to be surprised if you overcome your separation anxiety. Many dogs that learn to trust DO get over it. You are young and you will most likely overcome the problem.

We had a little mutt boy, Ruckus George, that was severely beaten as a puppy. We found him at a local shelter. He suffered from separation anxiety and NO TRUST in humans whatsoever! Within eight months, he KNEW we loved him more than ANYTHING in this world and trusted us COMPLETELY. Our beloved little Black Lab Chow mix, he looked like a little lab, has since past. He was THE GREATEST!

Luke will come to COMPLETELY trust his family not to leave him. I believe it!