PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cat Toys

shais_mom
07-25-2001, 11:37 PM
I have found the cheapest cat toys!!
One on accident:
Cotton Balls. Kylie loves them, I keep them in a bag of catnip and she can enjoy hours of entertainment!!!
Milk Jug rings. The rings around top of gallon and half gallon jugs. My cousins cat plays with them forever, so I popped one off and the rest they say is history!!!
I wish the dog was as easily entertained, tho she does like to sleep!!! :D

Mila's Mommy
07-26-2001, 07:02 AM
Another cheap toy - wine corks!!

They are Mila's favourite toys! :D

wolflady
07-26-2001, 01:34 PM
Wine corks! What a good idea! We have PLENTY of those around our house!!! LOL Don't ya just love it that sometimes the best toys are simply junk you have lying around the house? LOL One toy that my Marius likes is an old prescription bottle filled with some dry instant rice(about 1/4 to a little under half a bottle full). It makes noise when he bats it around...he likes that :D

4 feline house
07-26-2001, 07:15 PM
Another one - walnuts. We have tons of them under the refrigerator, under the couch, in the cat bed, in my shoe - they're Big's favorite toy.

Former User
08-11-2001, 12:00 PM
We LOVE playing with old cardboard boxes! You can actually see a couple of little movies of us playing with a box on our homepage ;)
And what's more, we don't tend to play much with the more "expensive" toys that the humans buy us :D

Freckles
05-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Only expense to this toy was the original blouse.

http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/andypad.jpg
Andy (rb) loved this, seemed to think it was a mouse.

Hey, I finally made it to half a pillar!

pepper636
05-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Balls in the Craft Section of Wal-Mart. Cheap and my kitties love them.

wayne0214
05-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Some of my furkids enjoy playing with those plastic scouring pads! Anyway, I bought one some months ago, and have never used it because my cats make better use of it that I do.:D

.......wayne

sasvermont
05-15-2002, 07:00 PM
My two like body parts of furry mice. I house sat a dog a few weeks ago, and the dog tore apart many of the furry (large) mice, leaving just a plastic mouse and a pelt and A TAIL. They like playing with the different parts more than an intact mouse.

They also like marbles and golf balls. I have mostly hardwood floors and this old house slants in many rooms, so the rolling goes on for hours at a time - room to room. It isn't much fun to walk on the golf ball or marble in the middle of the night - or hear them being batted around!

They also love Q-tips!

Nomilynn
05-16-2002, 12:53 AM
Ribbon works too.. especially that stuff that can be made curly with a pair of scissors. It is also good because it doesn't tend to shred when they chew on it :)