PDA

View Full Version : misty got a halti!

cali
06-10-2004, 08:10 PM
finally, my mom kept complaining that I dont take her anywhere, I have been telling her for months that she needs a halti so I CAN take her places without my arms being ripped out of the sockets. see I tried every other way to stop pulling, but she will continue to pull when she is so tired she can barely stand. well at fisrt we tried on a medium size, I mean its for BCs but that was WAYYYYY to big, so we tried a size 1, perfect fit lol I took her into petcetera after when she was wearing it, man that was nice lol (she has worn head collars before, so I did not need to get her used to it first) she was soooooooo well behaved on that thing! and unlike the GL no matter how hard she tried she could not come close to getting a halti off because of the cheek peices, she tried for a little bit could not get it off gave up, and was a calm as could be! :D

wolfie
06-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Haltis are wonderful! I use one for Daphne for training. It really helps her focus on me, and not focus on distractions. And it's great for dogs that pull too. The only problem is telling everyone we meet that it's not a muzzle!

MariaM
06-11-2004, 08:59 AM
I got one for Major but its a little big, size 2. I have to wait until he gets a little bigger before I can use it on him. I have been putting it on him now and he definately does not like it. Sometimes he gets it off, which is why I have to wait till he's bigger.

4 Dog Mother
06-11-2004, 09:11 AM
I have one for Snoopy but haven't used it much because I usuallly use it whenI have all the dogs and he is so busy trying to get it off, he throws off our walking and I am tripping over him. I got it for him because he pulls even when he has a prong collar on. (I have to use a prong collar when I am taking all five into the dog park together)

cali
06-11-2004, 09:53 AM
lol ya know I did notic that while misty was wearing the halti people would look at her but would not get near her, when before whenever she went to petetera EVERYONE stopped to pet her, and make friends with her(hence why she loves petcetra lol) but hey she did make friends with the cashier at master feeds lol at first she was terrified to come in, after she met the cashier she did not want to leave lol, that girl gave misty a TONE of treats and pets, and because misty liked the treats so much she tossed a couple really big ones in the bag for her lol ;)

Pam
06-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Bella has a Halti and I think they are a wonderful invention! The first time I put it on her she figured out by the time we reached the end of my driveway that tugging was not going to get her anywhere. :p The only time she seems to be annoyed with it is when we are at the vet's office and are sitting in the waiting room. She lays on the floor and tries to rub it off! :D