PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ray Charles, RIP!

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 03:21 PM
:(

Ray Charles passed away this morning.

Goodbye Ray.

Thank you for all the great years of music!

RedHedd
06-10-2004, 03:26 PM
I just got the e-notice from CNN and am in tears. He sang "Georgia on my mind" to me many moons ago at the Circle Star Theatre down in San Carlos. (I think y'all know that Georgia is my real name.) It was a very small venue in the round and I will NEVER forget that concert. I've also been to many of his other concerts, both large and small - once had center-front seats at Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco. The last one was at the Concord Pavillion about 5 years ago and I knew it would be the last time I'd hear him live. He was obviously not his old self; age was catching up to him.

I'm SO happy I did get to hear him in his prime and follow his career. It is a sad day for me :(

catland
06-10-2004, 03:26 PM
I just heard this too.

He was truely an inspiration (for those of us who knew him through more than just Pepsi commercials).

I recall several years ago when he did a duet with Billy Joel and I thought to myself "that man has more soul in the tip of his pinkie than Joel has in his entire body".

His music was magic and he will be missed.

AmberLee
06-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Such very sad news.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2004, 03:35 PM
I really admired him a lot! His music was indeed magic! I especially loved his version on What a Wonderful World. It's a lot less wonderful now that he's gone. He was the featured performer at Reagan's last Presidential inauguration. Odd that they left so close together.

RedHedd
06-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Odd that they left so close together. Ray is probably the featured musician at Ronnie's party Saturday night ;)

lynnestankard
06-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh Richard - such sad news. The man was a music hero - may he have his well deserved rest. Another star to shine in the heavens tonight.

RIP Ray. Thank you for the music.

Lynne

trayi52
06-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Such sad news, may he rest in peace and continue singing his wonderful songs in heaven.

Willie:(

delidog
06-10-2004, 08:27 PM
How Sad!!!
I have Loved Ray Charles' Music for Years!!!!
Hit The Road Jack
Georgia on my mind....So Many Others!!!

He was a Great Man and a Great Musician..

R.I.P. Dear Ray..

Thank You for The Wonderful Music You gave Us!!

countrycowgirl
06-10-2004, 08:35 PM
MY MOM HAS BEEN WATCHING THE THING ON CNN IT IS SUCH SAD NEWS REST IN PEACE RAY CHARLES YOU AND YOUR MUSIC WILL BE MISSED

Cincy'sMom
06-10-2004, 08:40 PM
More sad news :( I never got to see him, but Ralph did in Michigan a few years ago.

With the passing of Ronald Reagan and Ray Charles...I have to wonder, who will be the third?

delidog
06-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Though Mr.Charles didn't do alot of television work...One of his most Loved and Memorable appearances was when he was on
"The Muppet Show"
With all the muppets on his piano....He was endearring....
Never mind all his talent....He was a Good Hearted Man