PDA

View Full Version : What a deal!

catnapper
06-10-2004, 01:40 PM
For once, being a teacher has its benefits! We needed to update our cell phones, but money is well, tight. We went to AT&T and found out they have a program for teachers. We got THREE brand new phones for FREE! We have more minutes per month than before and are paying LESS per month than before with the addition of a third line --- all because hubby is a teacher!

So... any teachers out (or even somebody that works for a school) visit your AT&T Wireless store to see if they can offer you the same great deal! We had no idea this program exisited until we casually mentioned that I text hubby when I need him, so as to not bother him in class while he's teaching.

Old plan: 2 lines with 800 anytime minutes, free weekends, no nights for $70.

New plan: 3 lines 900 minutes, free nights after 7:00 and free weekends for $65.

I'm so thrilled.. pinch me!

Now, the fun will begin... three teenagers sharing the same phone :rolleyes: :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Great deal!! As mom of three teens myse;f, I am trying to figure THAT out - they each have a mobile, but they all fight over the land-line:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

G.P.girl
06-10-2004, 05:46 PM
good deal! maye i should make my mom be a teacher.:rolleyes: i've been trying to get ther to get me my own line or a landline for the house ( we have two phones, one is my moms and one i share with my brother and sister)

carole
06-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I know how you feel, that is one perk we get from my hubby's job, we all get free cellphones, people trade them in or dump them, and hubby fixes them up, presently I have a 500 dollar phone, which had been left out in the rain for a week, and it works perfectly, infact I have accidentally dropped it 4 times and it works like a dream, cost ZERO dollars, so we are all cell phone equipped here, it is just affording all the pre-pay cards for them all we have trouble with .

However my daughter is currently saving hard for a new phone that she will have to pay 325 dollars for, it has pxt, I am afraid our free ones donot have that, so with her paper round money and birthday coming up, she will probably have it soon.

catnapper
06-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Not to sound completely stupid... but what's pxt?