PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty cases

petabusedotcom
06-10-2004, 01:07 PM
I hate to post and run - Its not my intention to spam the boards or anything like that! I'm just completely swamped right now!

Anyway, my name is Alison Gianotto, and I am with Pet-Abuse.Com. My organization tracks criminal animal cruelty - and animal abusers - across the US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Spain.

I actually found my way here while checking the referrer logs for our website. I glance at them about once a week to find out how people are finding us, and also that we are not being linked from any offensive websites. (We have a blocking system in place to prevent them access in those situations.) I found this website in our referring sites list, so I figured I'd pop by and see what the site was about.

This is a wonderful website/forum, and although I was unable to locate the page that we were linked from, I am happy to have discovered such an open and friendly pet community. :)

Whilst poking around, I also noticed a few cases posted here that we did not have in our database. Now, that could be because our administrators simply haven't gotten to them yet - but its just as likely that we never heard about them in the first place. I'm posting to request/ask/beg/plead that whenver you hear of a case involving *criminal* animal cruelty, that you send a copy of the article (along with the url or publication date whenever possible) to [email protected] so that it can be entered into our case queue. Since those emails go straight to administrators, please do not send petitions, non-criminal cases, etc tro that email address - those you can email me directly.

To get an idea of the info we really need, click on this link:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/database/caseinfo.php

I realize this sounds like a blatant plug - Its truly not intended to be. Its just that reality is that we need everyone's help in making sure that these cases - and the abusers- are entered into the database. The more eyes and ears we have working with us, the better!

I'm sorry I have to scoot so soon - but I would like to thank you again for this wonderful resource, and any help you can give us on new cases and case updates!

lizbud
06-11-2004, 07:59 PM
I do believe I've posted a link to your site before. It was a
case of Animal cruelty involving a dog from my city.

I will pass this case along as a case to be listed. One teenager
has already plead guilty & will be sentenced on July 12th.The
second boy will be tried shortly.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=50587

I did read the story of your kitty Bert. :(

Laura's Babies
07-02-2004, 08:27 PM
I am glad to see there is someone that track these things. Are they just taking data or doing something? Will check out the web sight and pass on to the shelter I work at.

petabusedotcom
07-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Whenever possible, we try to step forward and "do something", whether that means leaning on law enforcement to get them to investigate, organizing letter campaigns to judges and DA's, "court sittings" where members of the public attend trials to peacefully and respectfully show their support for prosecution, etc etc. We can't do it for every case - but in the same breath, there is a lot that we do that doesn't make the news.

We try our best - thats the best answer I can give you :) Like so many other organizations, we're working with limited resources. At this point, our primary comittment *has* to be to track the info. Other groups take actions, but no one else does what we do, so its key that we do our "job" well.

Please don't misunderstand - the actions are critical, and we know that. But if it comes down to writing a letter or adding 10 new cases, we *have* to add the cases, because no one else will. We do try our best to include DA/judge contact for as many cases as possible though, so that people who wish to write have the information they need.

I hope that answers your question fairly. :)

RAMSENATOR
07-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Some times I watch Animal Precinct on Animal Planet, it makes me so sad. :( :mad: . I just want to know..... what drives these people to do these things. Animals are living breathing creatres. I think its wonderful that you try help animals. I help cats trapping them and getting then spayed and neutered and then of course set them free. The reason i do so is because there are so many animals suffering in the world and i am just trying to reduce the number. I love animals. I have two cats of my own. Ramses (hense the name Ramsenator) And Rambo. I also feed the feral cats. If ya want to know more then check out my bio.

dog'n'goatgal21
08-03-2004, 09:14 PM
are you like animal cops on animal planet? because i love that show! i mean, i love it because i am so happy to see people helping animals in need, not happy about how there are so many cases that we are able to make a TV show about it!
keep up the good work!