PDA

View Full Version : Angie has been gone one year today 6/10/04

My Peanuts
06-10-2004, 12:13 PM
I can't believe it's been a year. Well actually it won't be a year until 7:00pm. I keep looking at the clock and thinking what was going on a year ago. It's terrible. I miss her so much, and I talk to her when I pray every night. Here are a few pictures on my Angie. I only had my digital camera about a month before Angie died, so I don't have that many pictures. I was learning how to use it and kept erasing the pictures. God I wish I would have kept them all, even the bad ones. :( Plus, Angie was so afraid of lightening, so she didn't like camera flashes either. The first picture was so hard to get. These were taken probably about 3 weeks before she died.

I miss you, peanut, and I love you.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/8196f8d7.jpg

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/29dc64cd.jpg

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Jejsdian/fd47b880.jpg

joanofark
06-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Oh, I am so sorry:(

ramanth
06-11-2004, 10:39 AM
You are missed Angie. :(

Karen
06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I love the last picture the best - busy, nose down running through the green grass. Forever in your heart, I know.

Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge, Angie!

tatsxxx11
06-11-2004, 03:25 PM
I know exactly how you're feeling. It was five years ago this past Sept., but every Sept. 5th, at 5pm, I think of that sad, sad day when I said goodbye to my beloved Lab Jingles. I'm sure your beautiful Angie left this earth knowing how very loved she was. And don't forget, she's waiting there patiently at the Rainbow Bridge for you. My thoughts are with you during your time of sadness and remembrance. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Pam
06-11-2004, 03:43 PM
AWWWW she is sweet! Is that why you are MyPeanuts, because you called Angie Peanut? June is a sad month for me too. My Ashley left for the Rainbow Bridge on June 4, 1998. I still remember the day we said goodbye at the vet's office. There is a video of the Rainbow Bridge poem that was posted today. You might want to view it, but it will surely make you cry. Play hard at the Bridge Angie. You were very much loved!

wolfie
06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
What a beautiful girl Angie was. How old was she? She looks young.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I have (luckly) never lost a pet, but I know that I will miss them forever when they are gone.

Kfamr
06-11-2004, 09:03 PM
R.I.P. Angie sweetie.

{{hugs to you Diana}}

heinz57_79
06-11-2004, 09:58 PM
She'll be waiting for you at the RB, rest assured! Keep talking to her... she hears you! :)

Sudilar
06-12-2004, 10:53 AM
She was beautiful. I know exactly how you feel. To this day, when I think about my RB Wolf (1974-1984) and RB Avalanche (1984-1996) I still get teary-eyed. Hugs to you and know that you are being watched over from RB.

My Peanuts
06-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Pam
AWWWW she is sweet! Is that why you are MyPeanuts, because you called Angie Peanut? June is a sad month for me too. My Ashley left for the Rainbow Bridge on June 4, 1998. I still remember the day we said goodbye at the vet's office. There is a video of the Rainbow Bridge poem that was posted today. You might want to view it, but it will surely make you cry. Play hard at the Bridge Angie. You were very much loved!

That's exactly why my name is My Peanuts. I just started referring to Sylvia and Harley as my peanuts, but I always called Angie that. I used to come home and literally scream it and she'd get all excited and jump around.

My Peanuts
06-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by wolfie
What a beautiful girl Angie was. How old was she? She looks young.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I have (luckly) never lost a pet, but I know that I will miss them forever when they are gone.

Angie was only 9 years old. She was happy and healthy until 3 days before she died. I think that fact makes things easier, but it also makes things harder too (if that makes any sense to anyone:rolleyes: ) She stopped eating and we took her to the vet. They couldn't figure too much out, so we took her to another vet. It was a bad few days. She started falling over and couldn't pee unless I held her up. Finally she was hospitalized and died there with my brother and cousin in the room. It was weird, my dad saw her in the morning and my mom and I saw her all day until we took her to the vet. The only family member she didn't see that day was my brother and once he went she died before he even left. That was at about 7pm and my mom, dad, and me were about to leave to visit her. At just about the time we were getting ready to walk out the door my brother called to tell us Angie was gone. I think Angie wanted to say goodbye to everyone. She died of a blood disease that we never knew she had or how or when she got it. :( It didn't help that the vet said 80% of dogs respond to treatment. Well, I guess Ang was in the 20% group.

We got Sylvia one week later almost to hour. I felt like I was betraying Angie, but I NEEDED Syl to get me through it. It's just the way I deal with it. We got Angie 4 days after my RB dog Barney passed away.

Pam
06-14-2004, 06:59 AM
Diana, I understand what you were saying about the short illness being good even though it was also bad. My Ashley too was gone within a week's time. She also stopped eating. We hospitalized her for several days before making the decision, at the vet's suggestion, that we let her go. She had advanced liver disease and was 14 years old.

I don't think Angie would have minded one bit knowing that you got Sylvia so close to her passing. I think God lets these little furry friends of ours know that one of their missions here on earth is to help their humans. Sylvia was there in time to help you when you needed it most. (((hugs))) to you. It is never easy, is it?

anna_66
06-14-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry.

I know how much it hurts when you loose a pet so suddenly. On the 22 of this month it will be 3 years ago that we lost our RB Keisha so my heart truly aches for you.

But just know that Angie is happy at the RB and one day you'll get to see her again.