PDA

View Full Version : Could a cat and a fox breed?

ramanth
06-10-2004, 09:01 AM
After seeing this picture.... one wonders. (click news link to see image)

Everyone's got an opinion on photo of mysterious creature (http://www.news-record.com/news/local/rand/creature_061004_hp.htm)

What do you all think?

catmandu
06-10-2004, 09:13 AM
That almost does look like a mating , of a Fox ,and a Siamese Cat , byt it must be a fluke , of Nature! As I dont think that Foxes and Cats , are compatible!

kimlovescats
06-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Pretty interesting .... :eek:

shais_mom
06-10-2004, 10:32 AM
wow! :eek:
what an unusual but gorgeous animal.
I have never seen a fox that long legged!!!

lizzielou742
06-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Well that is just weird!

BCBlondie
06-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Interesting... I think it may just be a hoax though.. After reading this:

I use photoshop for a living (have done for over 16 years) and this isn't even a good fake.

I dont know what it started out as, but here are my observations after blowing it up and analyzing the pixels.....

1) the shape of the ears on the "creature" do not match the shape of the shadow...

2) both ears have a 6 or more pixel dark outline around them that would not be as pronounced given the lighting conditions shown.

3) the airbrushing of the grass up into the animals body (especially stomach and right front paw) is sadly amateur. If I did that I'd get fired.

4) there is a definite change from where the REAL tail ends and the long tail was added.

5) and the most glaring stupidity is the shadow itself... trace your finger down the shadow starting from the neck towards the tail... at the neck and the back the shadow is very far from the body, then the tail's shadow is very close to it. The "creatures" butt does not drop off that drastically. Besides that, the tail's shadow on the grass varies in density... which is physically impossible.

Hmmmph.
You can't believe almost anything you see these days because people like me can do much better work than this.

Do you remember the photo of the guy standing on the balcony of one of the twin towers with the plane flying into it and the photo said 9-11-01 on it?
Do you recall that the tragic events of that day started at approximately 8:40am on a September morning in New York (try 90 degrees) and the guy in the photo was wearing a heavy jacket and winter knit cap? Nevermind the fact that the airplane's shadow was on the WRONG SIDE for the sunRISE that day.

I guess I'm just very critical because I know what is possible. Even the Enquirer does better work than this "creature" shot.

I zoomed in on the picture myself and did see that the shadow of the animal doesn't really follow.. For example, if you look at the shadow of the tail, it makes it look like the tail is crooked, but if you look at the tail of the animal, it's straight..

I don't know though.. It may be a hoax, or maybe not.. you never know...