PDA

View Full Version : The weridest thing your cat has played with

Sariah
05-12-2001, 01:24 PM
I have just one question:

What is the weridest thing your cat has played with?

Logan
05-12-2001, 02:49 PM
I have to say, it would be a snake. Mimi has brought me all kinds of critters, but Butter's latest "snake" episode was the tops! He was in Heaven, throwing that little snake up in the air and then starting all over again.

Harley
05-12-2001, 07:21 PM
One of Bo's favorite and most unusual toys is raw whole green beans. I always get odd looks from the grocery clerks when I buy just 4 or 5 beans (I don't buy a lot because fresh beans are best.) I have to explain that they're cheap cat toys. Bo will play with a green bean until it starts to dry out. I find dried shriveled "victims" all over the house. If your cat enjoys playing with Q-tips - and many do, including Bo - offer it a big juicy green bean for a change of pace!

Mousgroupy
05-21-2001, 01:52 PM
This is weird to me....just because of how obsessive my cat is about it. She LOVES the little ring that you pull off of the top of a milk carton when opening it for the 1st time. We call her and fling it on the floor and she goes beserk! She calls kittens she does not nor has ever had while carrying it proudly in her mouth. When she finally tires of this RIVETING toy... she drops it on top of her food in her bowl, much to the chagrin of the other 2 cats who , having tiny cat brains, can't figure out how to eat around it! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Can't they just make ya smile?

nsweezie
05-21-2001, 05:46 PM
My cat Scooter is obsessed with drinking straws. He loves them. He will take one right out of your glass if you don't watch him. He is so cute when he starts flinging the straw around.

felixowner
05-22-2001, 08:26 AM
i posted before that felix periodically goes down in the basement and brings up screws and nails to add to his toy collection. but since then he brought up a really heavy hanging planter screw, the kind with a thick screw on one end and a metal ring on the other. i don't know how he got it upstairs.......

Maylo
05-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Wow! The weirdest thing that Tabby has played with is a screen door. Raspberry's is nothing. She dosen't play.
P.S.
How do ya make the hip faces?!

------------------
~Maylo~

aly
05-30-2001, 06:03 PM
Maylo, when you're typing a post look to the left side of the message box and you'll see a Smiles Legend link. Click on that and it shows you how.

4 feline house
05-30-2001, 07:36 PM
Maylo, and anyone else who has not figured this out-

It's a good idea to look at the "*UBB Code in ON" link, too. In fact, you may want to bookmark it. It tells you how to italicize, add email and url links, add bullets, pics and graphics, etc.

You can also edit and delete your posts by clicking the "edit" icon over your post. To delete it altogether, check the "delete post" box in the upper left corner.

There are two things about adding pics and graphics that seem to hang everone up:

They must be on a website, not your hardrive
You must type the url of the pic or graphic, not the website it's on.

You can do that either by right clicking on the pic and choosing properties, then copying and pasting the url that shows up there, or by clicking on the pic and then copying and pasting the new url in your address bar.

That's the Universal Bulletin Board lesson for today. Class dismissed! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Maresche
06-01-2001, 08:51 AM
Terra like to play with bottle caps, but they have to be beer bootle caps. Nothing else suits her. She'll play fetch with them just like a dog would. I'm trying to get a pic and maybe they'll be a commercial in it for us. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

thelmalu99
06-01-2001, 12:05 PM
The turtle!

AmberLee
06-01-2001, 02:04 PM
Sorry if this is too much an 'eww - ikk' response to this topic but this morning Perspicacity "Cassy" found a spider in the sink and had much joy chasing it round and round... (Just learned this morning that my compassion stops short of spiders -- how heartless of me.) I left Cassy playing in the sink with Mr. Spider while I was in the other room getting ready for work when he yowled very loudly. I thought the spider had bit him. Raced into the bathroom to rescue Cassy and he was trying to force himself down the drain. I think Mr. Spider got away.

A more compassionate play-toy are ping-pong balls in the bath tub. I drop ping-pong balls in the tub and then we bat them around. (I suspect I'm hitting my second childhood!) His eyes get very big when the balls corner the curves and come back at him.

Amber, Cassy and Olivia

P.S. Olivia doesn't do games that involve sinks or tubs. Not sure if they are too undignified for this _very_ proper young lady or if she had bad experiences before she joined us.

[This message has been edited by AmberLee (edited June 01, 2001).]

Ben E Gas
06-01-2001, 02:22 PM
very funny story there with the spider. LOL!

LouiseC
06-03-2001, 05:51 PM
Our cat Bemis (rainbow bridge) used to love to play in the bathtub. He would whirl around and around, patting the tub surface with his paws (chasing his shadow??) and then he would sort of heave himself sideways up on the sloped end, and slide down, chirping all the way. He would lie there at the bottom for a while, looking very pleased with himself.

Mila's Mommy
06-15-2001, 09:08 AM
Mila LOVES corks from wine bottles.

She kicks them around and chases them. We play soccer with her. She is the goalie and tries to stop it from going by her.

We have a basket full of corks (Over 200 of them, my cousin is a waitress and brings them home from work)

I was making wreaths with them about a year ago and Mila discovered them.

There are corks everywhere at our house. Visitors must think we are TOTAL alcoholics.

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/tongue.gif

Cougie Wechsler
06-15-2001, 11:36 AM
Cougie played with a 6 inch centipede. My father got bit by one a few years back and it can be very painful. As he was pawing at the thing and amused by it trying to get away, we were frantically trying to get him away from it! He got it cornered in the bathroom but the damage had been done: Cougie 1 Centipede 0. He was our hero because the thing was nasty looking. He was awarded with some new toys and treats from my dad who has hated the critters ever since his centipede encounter!

catwoman
06-21-2001, 03:40 PM
My two cats, Thelma & Weezie, each have their own odd preferences for toys.

Thelma loves to play with lettuce leaves. If you do not watch her, she will steal lettuce right off your sandwich as you're making it ... later it will turn up under the bedcovers (brown and crinkly.)

And nothing makes Weezie happier than playing with her chain. This is a short length of thin chain I bought for hanging small houseplants. Weezie loves it, particularly the sound it makes dragging on the floor. She loves to pick it up with her teeth and carry it around the apartment. She also is content just to lay on top of it alluringly, as an invitation to play!

[This message has been edited by catwoman (edited June 21, 2001).]

thelmalu99
06-21-2001, 04:36 PM
LOL!! I'm flattered! You named your cat after me! lol http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

By the way, there's a weezie and an nsweezie here at Pet Talk too.

Welcome!

[This message has been edited by thelmalu99 (edited June 21, 2001).]

catwoman
06-25-2001, 03:43 PM
Do you like lettuce too? I am wondering if this is a "Thelma" thing ... http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

(I am afraid to ask weezie if she likes chains ... LOL)

[This message has been edited by catwoman (edited June 25, 2001).]

CatLover555
06-26-2001, 07:09 PM
Paper and Water! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif

AmberLee
06-26-2001, 09:17 PM
My biggest surprise cat toy was returning to the bathroom where I was running a bath for myself and finding a cat and a half playing in the tub! Sassy was perched on the edge splashing his front paws and Cassy was inside doing a weird little 'frog march'.

Even now I try to keep a noisy toy near at hand when suspicious 'splashy' noises come from the water bowls. Usually I can distract them (98% of the time the splasher in question is Cassy) if I catch him splashing early enough.

I love them, but sure don't understand them.

A.L.

Eudora
07-07-2001, 05:49 AM
Well, My friend's cat ( siamese) loved nothing better than to play with a human! He'd just climb all over you and purr! :D But it died a few days ago... :(

4 feline house
07-07-2001, 02:53 PM
Eudora, I am saddened to hear of your friend's loss. These little guys are never here long enough.

POKEY172
07-11-2001, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Sariah:
<STRONG>I have just one question:

What is the weridest thing your cat has played with?</STRONG>

THE COMPUTER
:rolleyes:

goody2shoes
07-16-2001, 12:37 AM
I would have to say that the werdest thing my nikki has ever played with is the mouse on the computer! :p

Jewelsmom
07-27-2001, 03:17 PM
The only things my Jewels plays with is twist ties and rubber gloves. :rolleyes:

Angeldazy_08
07-27-2001, 09:52 PM
my 9 year old cat Chaucer loves to chase flys around and bat at spiders. He likes twistie ties, tin foil balls, the things u take off milk cartons,rubber bands,he likes to play with our shoeslike kick them, basikly anything he plays with and i know he'd love to play with my hamster Taz!!! Ohhh yeah and he loves playing with our dogs hugo and Daisy! :) ;) :cool: :p :D :rolleyes:

Former User
08-12-2001, 10:16 AM
We're two little kittens, and we like to play with some Kitbits before we eat them. When our humans give those to us, we first play with them around the floor, and then eat. :)

kittychat
08-13-2001, 11:19 PM
the weirdest thing that Dink plays with is this cow wip that we have she will do bckflips if you bring it in a circle

Ila
08-14-2001, 11:32 AM
This in not real weird but cute. We came home from our nephews wedding and we brought home this small bell we were ringing at the reception. when my husband was ringing it at Misty she got on her back paws and stood up begging for it. We gave it to her and you would think it had catnip in it she had it all over the floor. It was so funny. I guess you have to be here!! :)

4 feline house
08-14-2001, 01:28 PM
This morning I couldn't find my contact case. I later found it in the living room being batted around by Biggie!

Mila's Mommy
08-17-2001, 02:12 PM
ARGHH!!!! The most embarrassing thing... TAMPONS!! :rolleyes:

This is SO bad!! My husband and I had some friends over, a few of my girlfriends and their husbands.

While we were sitting enjoying a glass of wine, Mila came flying down the hall and into the middle of the room.

She was batting something around and meowing as loud as she could; she was obviously having a blast!!!

So, we all stopped talking and looked at her her.

There between her cute little paws was a tampon! :o :eek: :o :eek:

It was in the wrapper and been stolen from my bathroom.

I lunged for it and disposed of it right away.

It was so fuuny though, we all kept giggling about it all night!! :D

thelmalu99
08-17-2001, 02:36 PM
LOL!! http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif

catwoman
08-17-2001, 03:00 PM
Mila's Mommy,

ROFL! Don't be embarrassed, for you are not alone. ('Nuff said.)

Catwoman

wolflady
08-17-2001, 05:42 PM
Mila's Mommy...LOL LOL ROFL!! :D I can just picture that scene so well!! Must have been a great laugh! Especially with a little wine! LOL LOL You just gotta love cats and the funny things that they will do when you least expect it :rolleyes:

4 feline house
08-17-2001, 06:43 PM
Mila's mommy - THAT was actually the weirdest thing MY cat has ever played with, too, but I was not as brave as you to admit it!

ponywoman
08-18-2001, 10:37 PM

My Samwise loves to play with a piece of Dr. Scholl's foot pad. We cut him off a piece and give it to him when it's trimmed to be put in the shoe. :D He drags it all over the house, chewing on it, throwing it up in the air etc. It's funny watching him. :)

ponywoman
08-18-2001, 10:41 PM
Baggy my other cat likes to play with any bug she catches and horse turds. Loves to bat them around the horse pen. :D :eek:

kgeorge
08-19-2001, 07:21 PM
Sundance loves to take any kind of business cards, or paper and he carries them around and then you can't find them. He reached in a ceramic jar this morning and took out the care instructions and I have yet to find out where he left them. Then this morning I found a business card on the steps.

4 feline house
08-19-2001, 09:50 PM
kgeorge-LOL! I think it's so funny how some cats will get obsessed with certain objects!

Hbrika
08-22-2001, 09:37 AM
Suess used to cling to a shopping receipt.
If you tried to take it she would glare and open her mouth in warning. "Dont take my receipt"

Her son Tummy plays with a jingle mouse.
The odd part is he puts it in his food dish.
I figure he is either bathing it or drowning it ;)

jwoodco
08-22-2001, 10:28 AM

my cat loves to fetch and play with aluminum foil,maybe other cats do this,but it was the way she does it. when i throw it she would go and bring it back like a dog would a bsll or stick, sometimes she also would bring it to me when i am doing other things and meow and want me to play with her daily thanks jw

delidog
08-22-2001, 05:51 PM
o.k. this isn't pretty...but it is definatly weird....my old cat riki(named for rikitikitavi) used to bring its' preys' heart into the house....because she had to jump up into a window...she would never bring her total "prize" in to show us...she wouldn't eat what she killed she just wanted "show and tell"...we guessed that many a rat,mouse,possum and an occasional skunk...its' easy to tell that one!!!! ;) well you asked for weird!?!?!?! that was my little riki...6lb. blk.female...the deli dog :)

sailorsaturn
08-29-2001, 04:17 PM
Well the first thing I ever saw my cat play with would be a snake. She would throw it up in the air cetch it and spin it. Then chew off it's little head (never eat it). But Mysty(mystery) has played with: Hair Things, String, Marbles, Pencles, My Brother and little paper balls. She loves to punce on my brothers feet. Shoes or no shoes. She thinks it's cute that a little kitty is making a human nervus. :)

Cattal
08-29-2001, 05:37 PM
This is a GREAT thread! ROFL about the wrapped tampons -- admittedly, one of Max's personal favorites also.

He also loves straws, FRESH bing cherries preferably with the stems . . .he picks it up by the stem, flings it and gives chase. WARNING! DO NOT leave unattended -- cherry juice stains! It is one of the funniest things to watch though! His other favorite are my hair ties. They are no metal fat coloured rubber rings - I can never find them anymore -- he steals them all the time. Last night, I found two of them under my stove.

Finally, does anyone's cat like to go for "rides" on office style chairs?? Max LOVES to be swung around and around...we even fight over the computer chair somehow he always wnats to have a ride when I'm online . . .go figure! :D

cr7clark
08-30-2001, 06:23 AM
Bo gets in my computer chair every time I'm ready to go sit in it....she doesn't like to be spun around, but will stretch out all the way 'til she practically falls off and meow piteously for me to pet her and rub her tummy. She'll sit there for close to 20 minutes if I pet her long enough.

Former User
09-06-2001, 01:54 AM
We don't know what went thru our humans mind when they bought us a toy that is meant for d**'s, hello humans, we're cats :rolleyes:
anyways, have to admit though that the toy is bunch of fun. I guess our humans agree, they have fun when they see me Casper carrying it around in my mouth, although it's a bit too big for me, arf...ummm... I meant meow of course :D

musical_soul
09-11-2001, 12:59 AM
Hello!

My cats have played with many things. Both Sparky and Stumpy love playing with bubbles. this one day, I came home from a wedding (where they gave the guests a small bell full of bubble solution to blow as the couple came out of the church)...When I got home I was blowing bubbles and the cats came up to investigate.

Another time, I came back from the store and had bought a few of those air freshening candles. I had one lit up in the bathroom. Apparently, Sparky spotted the lit candle and went to check it out. He then picked a fight with the candle.

Cynna

4 feline house
09-11-2001, 01:20 PM
Cynna - LOL! I'm glad he didn't get burned - I had a silly guy actually SNIFF a candle flame! He wasn't hurt, though, thank goodness.

Cattal
09-16-2001, 12:54 PM
Max once decided to jump on the DR table as his human's TRIED to enjoy a candlelit dinner for TWO (which two is debatable to Max).

Although we discouraged this behavior from day one, Max's rule of the house is that there are no rules - so he goes where he pleases and WE hope no one else witnesses this act...ANYWAY, he came up to investigate food type etc. and all of the sudden the tip of his tail ever so slightly brushed over the flame -- It happened so fast the human's couldn't prevent it but luckily, we were right there to avoid a flaming tail! It singed a few hairs, but Max never even noticed it or the beads of sweat pouring off his human's!

4 feline house
09-16-2001, 03:08 PM
Max's folks, I had forgotten about a similar incident I had with Cosmo, who had a big, busy tail. He, also, had his own rules and was on the coffee table when his tail passed through the flaming candle. I was horrified to see it catch fire, so I reached for him. He thought I was reaching for him to throw him off the table, so he ran, so I ran after him, so he ran faster, all the while the flames shooting off his tail! I can laugh now, but believe me, I was not laughing then! I don't even remember how it was resolved now, but fortunately his tail was so hariy the fire never went down to his skin.

Gio
09-17-2001, 06:52 AM
These last stories remind me of something that happened many years ago. I had a cat then who everytime we would cook something she liked she would guard the pots and pans until that thing came out and we gave ehr some (she did not particularly like cat food, she liked practically everything else). One day we were cooking a chicken and she was so busy guarding the pot that she rested her tail on the flame. When she hear me scream and throw a towel around her she got scared and started running all over the place. The whole thing lasted only a few seconds and the did not even get the slightest burn, I think that what scared her most was my reaction :D

Former User
09-17-2001, 07:02 AM
We have found a new 'toy' to play with...and that's litterbox stones! Our humans don't like it at all :D but we're having the time of our lives with those! First we go in the litterbox and punch stones out on the carpet outside the litterbox. We make sure we punch plenty at one go :D so there's enought to play with. Then when we're playing with those stones, our humans are moaning that we're messing again, and they will come and pick the stones away :( Yeah, like we care :D we go and punch more stones and so we can play again. Now though, we've heard the humans talking about putting a door in our litterbox. A DOOR! That's no fun is it? Let's see what happens then...

NoahsMommy
09-17-2001, 10:42 AM
Casper and Kitty...you two are SOOOO cute!! I would love to see you playing with your kitty litter, only to find your mommy or daddy take it away...we can be mean sometimes huh?

My baby Noah likes to play with the neighbor's dog. He likes to chase the dog (Noah is only 4 months old :) ) and get his tail! Silly kitten! :rolleyes:

Hope you have fun and can find something else to play with...I've heard that digging in potted plants is fun...ha ha

NoahsMommy
09-17-2001, 10:46 AM
Max's human,

Noah steals all my hair things too!! Only, I find them in pieces all over the apartment!

aerbutterfly
10-02-2001, 04:13 PM
Hi well the weirdest thing my cats ever played with is my fiber obtic light he likes to attack it

:)

purrley
10-03-2001, 06:56 AM
My Bluepoint Siamese (Frisco) loves stuffed animals which are about 3 times his size. He gets into the closet, gets one and drags it all over the house. He also likes anything a bit fuzzy like the throws on my couch - usually find them halfway up the stairs and pillows - he loves to drag the pillows all over.

Former User
10-05-2001, 07:33 AM
Not the weirdest maybe, but the ugliest... their own piece of...poop! :eek:
Casper did that once, and we didn't find it funny at all. Apparantely he had done the job in the morning, and then the poop was hard enough to be played with later that day, so he just punched it outside the litterbox, and was punching it then on the floor...YUCK!!! Needless to say that we found it very disgusting. Luckily since then, they play with other stuff.

tuxluvr
10-06-2001, 08:30 AM
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/GU/ZL/pQ/sv68430.jpg

Ritz likes to jump inside boxes, baskets, bags...grocery day is a hoot...we put the plastic bags on the floor and she jumps into it like kids into a pile of autumn leaves... After the fun, I always put them away so she cannot hurt or suffocate herself.

tuxluvr
10-06-2001, 08:43 AM
I remember one morning my spouse and I were having coffee in late October when, suddenly,through the living room door, came a bath towel scooting into the kitchen. Ritzy was under it, pushing it along, jumping up and down.....a Halloweeen costume, perhaps? Green terrycloth ghost. Still makes me laugh.

Puffer
10-17-2001, 06:27 PM
My cat Charlie loves bags, he'd climb into the bag and just sit there. He loves christmas wrapping paper and we'd stick a bow on his head and he'd sit there inside the bag. He also loves pipecleaners (in the form of a circle) no cat toys for him, he prefers pipecleaners. Sometimes when he'd bat the toy under a table where he can't reach, he would cry and 'show' me where it is. Or i'd ask him and he'd meow and look under the table. Go figure!
my former cat Puffer - used to play with pencils a i would write with them! :)

4 feline house
10-22-2001, 09:25 PM
I had previously posted in another thread how Big discovered walnuts in a basket I had put on the coffee table when he was still only about three months old. He thought it was his personal toy basket. When we moved about a year and a half ago, we found walnuts under all the appliances and heavy furniture. Yesterday, I put the traditional autumn basket of walnuts on the coffee table, and it took Big about three minutes to discover them! The basket's already only half full, and no one has even eaten a walnut yet!