PDA

View Full Version : You guys I'm sorry....

piclezgomoo
06-10-2004, 07:12 AM
You guys. I'm so sorry. I should've NEVER faked Diego's picture. I just wanted people to think he was normal. He really has a cornia in one of his eyes. People at school think I'm crazy because I hang out with Diego so much. He's pretty much the only friend I have & now I'm moving! I'm switching towns, schools, park district, & county. It's not fun moving into a house you completely hate. Well this is probably going to be my last post on pet talk as I feel terrible about lying & recieved many rude & terrible comments which no one deserves to have. I had fun while I was here....
~Autumn

P.S. YES! it really is a picture of Diego. Digital Photography easier than a scanner! MUCH easier.....

Logan
06-10-2004, 07:31 AM
I had missed your earlier posts about Diego, and just went back to see what had happened. It is never necessary to lie about your pet, even if it means you don't have pictures to show. Many folks never post a picture of theirs, but give great mental pictures for us using words instead.

Sounds like you have a lot of things happening in your life. I know that has to be scary for you. I wish you good luck with your move this summer, and hopefully you will find you like the new house, school and neighborhood. Plus, Diego will be going with you. :)

Now that you've made your apology, why don't you spend a little time telling us more about yourself and Diego, and participating in other people's posts? Is he your only pet? I love hamsters, but no longer have one. You can see my little Phoebe, who is now at the Rainbow Bridge, in my avatar. She was such a sweetie. :)

Logan

piclezgomoo
06-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks Logan. You understand. Well here's a little about Diego:

He is black, he has a white tummy, a white chin, & white feet, in one eye he is blind & he has a small little tail. He only has four toes on his front left paw, he has ears that seem really big. He loves to eat lettuce & red apples. He has a friend named Slinkey who is my friend's long haired guinea pig. He loves the color red since he is attracted to red objcts. He never bites & loves rolling onto his back so he can get a tummy tickle.

My name is Autumn. I live in Northbrook but I am moving to Kildeer. I have a pet hamster & a dog. I love the colors pink & red. I love soft & furry little critters. I am quite sad but when I come on pet talk I'm happy.

Should I leave pet talk? 3 people told me to. Maybe I should. I will sleep on that as I have a major headache & should take a nap.

popcornbird
06-10-2004, 04:52 PM
While it was upsetting to see you make up such a big lie, you DID apologize, and that, in my opinion, is an honorable thing to do. I'm sure we would all think Diego is perfect even if you didn't lie. There was no reason to lie........there is never a reason to make something up like that. I do understand that you're sorry though, and I hope you will promise yourself never to do such a thing again. Doing such things can really make people wary of you, and think you aren't trustworthy.

That being said, thank you for apologizing, and I, personally, do forgive you...but don't ever lie like that again. Diego is perfect just the way he is. We wouldn't have thought any less of him if you posted his real pics, and refrained from lying in the first place.

How old are you btw.........if you dont mind?

Logan
06-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Should I leave pet talk? 3 people told me to. Maybe I should. I will sleep on that as I have a major headache & should take a nap.

Naps are good when you have a headache! :)

My thought is that you shouldn't leave Pet Talk. You have asked for forgiveness, and hopefully others will respond soon. If nothing else, feel free to email Popcornbird and myself, or send us a PM through Pet Talk. I think you have suffered enough, hon, and you don't need any more suffering.

Logan

piclezgomoo
06-10-2004, 05:20 PM
I prefer not to share my age. Thank you guys so much. I feel better now.
Luv ya,
Autumn & Diego Joe

green_chameleon_girl
06-10-2004, 07:50 PM
I guess I can forgive you a bit. But it was very wrong to lie. We are a very happy online community here and there is no need for lies. Next time I would think before you do that because just remember: Some of us search on google;)

lol

Anyways thanks for the apology

Uabassoon
06-10-2004, 08:07 PM
I don't think you should leave. You apologized for what you did. But you don't need to fake pictures for us to like Diego. Remember that here on Pet Talk we know that every pet is special.

Amber
06-10-2004, 08:41 PM
ehh, im in between. How can we know you wont do this again? Sorry, it's just hard to re-trust people once they have lied. we have had so many fakers here on PT.

Could you please share some real pictures of your hamster?

piclezgomoo
06-10-2004, 08:48 PM
My siggy now is a real pic. Once I get a new digital I will put more real pics up.

Amber
06-10-2004, 08:53 PM
aww, he is a real cutie. I have a hamster too

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Amber
ehh, im in between. How can we know you wont do this again? Sorry, it's just hard to re-trust people once they have lied. we have had so many fakers here on PT.

Could you please share some real pictures of your hamster?

I am going to have to agree. It's hard to forgive and forget.

While I do forgive you, I do think it is important that you understand you have made it hard for the next Newbie to come on to PT and be trusted. While this isn't the first time we have been lied to (Or the worst lie, I think the older member know what I'm talking about) it's still a lie.

Anyway, whats in the past is in the past. I hope from now on you will lead a staright path. PT is a wonderful place, weither you can post pictures or not. All of our members are valued and I know in no time you will be sooo addicted! LOL (it's like Caffenie!!)

Anyway, I don't think I ever introduced myself. My name is Ashley and I have 14 pets. Nova and Connor aremy dogs. Misty is my cat. Tundra, Brook, Lillian and Butternutt are my rats. Julian and Jaxom are my rabbits. Then there are our foster animals. Sada, a Black and White cat who was found at my school. She then had Wyatt (was pregnet when we found her) her son. And Breeze, who is our Foster dog for Paws With a Cause, she is going to be a Service Dog when she grows up.

Ash

piclezgomoo
06-11-2004, 12:33 PM
You don't have to trust me just by me saying I won't do it again. I want to PROVE it. Id on't know how yet but I'lls tart with telling the truth.

manda_moo87
06-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Don't leave...although you did something very wrong, you did apologize which was a brave thing to do.

The REAL Diego is adorable! :D

trayi52
06-12-2004, 09:20 PM
I missed the whole thing, so I say....Stay!

Willie:)

LoudLou
06-13-2004, 12:55 AM
I missed the whole thing too, but I say, you should start fresh.
I'm Katie, Mom to LOUD Louie a 5 yr. old Pembroke Welsh Corgi and 2 Meezer type cats, Garbonzo Bean and Mocha Bean... Together they are LOUD Louie & The Beans!

guster girl
06-15-2004, 10:51 PM
I don't think you should leave. I think you've beat yourself up enough over the way you started here. Keep in mind that you really will have to prove yourself to a lot of people. But, there are people that have done worse than lie and not apologized, I think it's admirable that you at least could do that. I'm Kari, by the way. I have a dog and a rat. :) Finn (labrador) and Luli (hairless rat). I think Diego is cute, and, it's nice to actually meet him.

tatsxxx11
06-16-2004, 04:13 PM
This is exactly where you belong and I hope you'll stay and get to know all of the wonderful, caring people and pets that are the best of Pet Talk. And I for one would love to get to know more about you and your pup and hammie:) I didn't know of the original thread that caused so much controversy. But while lying is never a good thing, your intention was not to hurt anyone, only to reach out and be accepted. What you didn't know then, but know now, is that you don't have to hide who you or your precious furkids are to be accepted!!! No forgiveness needed as far as I'm concerned. We all learn as we live and none of us is without fault. Diego is such a cutie:D And I "saw" more of him in your loving description than any picture could convey! That says a lot about the caring person and devoted furmom that you are. To some Diego may be less than perfect. But in your eyes, and in every true animal lover's eyes, he IS perfect! Chin up!!! You've got a lot of big changes ahead of you, daunting to the strongest and oldest among us, and being here with friends, sharing your BEAUTIFUL creatures, will help you through that rough time! {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

P.S...my furkids are Cody, a Husky/Shep, Star, a yellow Lab, Oliver and Mr. B the kitty crew and Moon and Rosie the guinea pigs:)

carole
06-16-2004, 04:55 PM
I missed this completely as well, but please take Sandra's advice, she put it so well, maybe you felt the need to lie to be accepted, but now you know what PT is really like, you know we will accept you for who you are.

I am sure most people have forgiven you, you have not comitted a crime, and yes you may need to prove yourself to those you offended, but I say give it a go and start a fresh, the way you mean to carry on, and let me say WELCOME BACK!!

Your hamster is so cute, never be ashamed of him, he is lovely, just as he is ok!!!:)