PDA

View Full Version : Cat escapades! ;)

Eudora
07-22-2001, 08:17 AM
Have you ever (caught) your cat doing something it shouldn't have been? I'd like to hear from you! :)

cr7clark
07-24-2001, 10:26 AM
Yes, Miss Bo loves to get on my kitchen counter tops!! I don't like this because she can track dirt and whatever else is on the floor on top of my clean counters. She has learned to do this when I am not at home, because every time she's tried it with me around I've caught her and reprimanded her. She did get on my dining room table once, I had a terrycloth table cover on it and it was a hot day. She was spread out on it, apparently keeping an eye on what I was doing in the backyard. When I came inside and caught her, I was so amused I didn't have the heart to reprimand her, I just gently picked her up and put her on the floor.
Years ago, I had a black and white kitten that loved to swat at the metal chains on my cuckoo clock. Sabrina would wait until me or my husband would appear, then swat at the chains and when we'd approach her and scold, she'd run behind the couch and peep out at us as if she were daring us to chase her. My husband called her "the black imp" or "the little black devil" because she was really ornery, but a loving pet anyway (you can tell who liked Sabrina the most!).

Mila's Mommy
07-24-2001, 10:41 AM
My husband left the house one morning and Mila must have thought that we both left.

I was still in the bedroom getting dressed, but I could hear her.

She was meowing and screeching at the top of her lungs and tearing around the house. :eek:

She came running into the bedroom and saw me standing there. She froze and stared at me with wide eyes. Then she jumped up on the bed, curled up into a ball and lay there staring at me.

She was like a teenager weho was happy to get rid of mom and dad. :cool:

Luckily I was still there or she might have had a wild party! :D

wolflady
07-24-2001, 12:21 PM
Now, this is a question that all of us cat owners can relate to! LOL My cats ALWAYS do stuff they know they shouldn't. I think it's funny in a way, because they purposely do something that they know they shouldn't be...and you can really tell by the expression on their faces when they get caught!! LOL Cats really have expressive faces! Anyway, my babies KNOW they are not to be on our kitchen counters at anytime. Every now and again, I'll hear a "thud" and I'll go in the kitchen, and there will be my Marius with that expression "I didn't do anything wrong!" How could I stay mad at that face??? It's just not fair! LOL Other times....and this just cracks me up...they'll do something bad right in front of me! What guts! I think the cats are really testing me...to see how far they can go. LOL CATS! Gotta love 'em! :rolleyes:

4 feline house
07-24-2001, 01:18 PM
Story 1:

Bean, our siamese we had when I was a girl, sometimes decided she didn't want to go outside to do her business. One day I caught her about to soil some clean laundry. When she saw she had been caught, she went to her bed, curled around two or three times, then laid down and looked up at me with lovey eyes. The only thing is, she did it all in fast motion, like a speeded up VCR, even the turning around ritual! I could only laugh at her and guess that she was thinking if she hurried up and got irresistably cute, I would forget she was just about to be bad!

Story 2:

Even in the days when I regularly let my cats outside unattended, I still did not like them going out late at night. Sometimes my remedy for a bad or rambunctious cat was to toss them outside. Toot, my only orange cat I ever had, quickly made the connection between being bad and going outside. So, anytime he wanted out but I refused to let him because of the late hour, he would start tearing through the house, running up on the counters, jumping on the plants, etc. until I threw him outside! He was smarter than me because it took me longer to figure out I was being tricked than it did for him to figure out the trick!

Eudora
07-29-2001, 04:52 AM
I'm crying with laughter!!! :D Cats can be so smart! Your stories were really cute 4 Feline House!! Esp story 2.. haha~

Gio
07-30-2001, 05:41 AM
Most of our plants have wire mesh around them since Gigio and Maya eat them, Prema either pulls them out or sleeps on them. She is so cute when you see her on the balcony sprawled out on top of the longest vases in the sun. She look so happy that it's impossible to tell her off.

Maya is the one who we need to watch the most since she is forever doing things that she shouldn't be doing. And she seems to enjoy the attention when you tell her off, when she wants attention you can be sure that she gets it one way or the other. She also hates it when the phone rings so she always tries to make it fall from its shelf. The thing is that she purrs throughout and it's so difficult to get angry.

Eudora
07-30-2001, 08:36 AM
Oh... OK~ Pics of your catsin trouble are welcome!! I would love to see what your cats look like. :D

Ginny
08-05-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by wolflady:
<STRONG>Now, this is a question that all of us cat owners can relate to! LOL My cats ALWAYS do stuff they know they shouldn't. I think it's funny in a way, because they purposely do something that they know they shouldn't be...and you can really tell by the expression on their faces when they get caught!! LOL Cats really have expressive faces! Anyway, my babies KNOW they are not to be on our kitchen counters at anytime. Every now and again, I'll hear a "thud" and I'll go in the kitchen, and there will be my Marius with that expression "I didn't do anything wrong!" How could I stay mad at that face??? It's just not fair! LOL Other times....and this just cracks me up...they'll do something bad right in front of me! What guts! I think the cats are really testing me...to see how far they can go. LOL CATS! Gotta love 'em! :rolleyes:</STRONG>

Ginny
08-05-2001, 09:55 PM
I have a cat named Misty she can be as much like a child as an animal could get. If she is doing anything she is not suppose to she freezes in a pose like if she says if I set still that I won't see her. She loves to get in my linen closet and set on the linens. I use to get mad that she was in there but now it is like a game to her to get the door open & get in. I hate her on my kitchen table & she knows it. Soon as she sees me she is gone in a flash. She hates to see luggage too. If we are getting ready for a trip she is in them. Of course cat hair all over she is long haired. :)

goody2shoes
08-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Oh Yea! Every secound I am not looking nikki trys to get my bird! And she always is going on the kitchen counter to lick the bowls in the sink!

catwoman
08-06-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by butch:
<STRONG>I have a cat named Misty she can be as much like a child as an animal could get. If she is doing anything she is not suppose to she freezes in a pose like if she says if I set still that I won't see her. She loves to get in my linen closet and set on the linens. I use to get mad that she was in there but now it is like a game to her to get the door open & get in. I hate her on my kitchen table & she knows it. Soon as she sees me she is gone in a flash. She hates to see luggage too. If we are getting ready for a trip she is in them. Of course cat hair all over she is long haired. :)</STRONG>

Consider yourself lucky, Butch. If my Thelma sees luggage out, she gets so upset she vomits on it. :(