PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate?

Doggirl
06-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Sorry I know I'm posting alot :o

Anyway. As I sit here eating my Triple Chocolate Kit Kat Bar I wonder how many people outhere like Chocolate.

I personally Love any kinds of chocolate as I was (and still am) raised on Chocolate. There is only one type of Chocolate I don't absalutly LOVE and that is plain Dark I feel that Dark was meant to be with something else.

By the way did you know that a Chocolate craving is a real craving.

guster girl
06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
I try to avoid sweets at all costs, but, every once in a blue moon, I'll eat some junk food. I like stuff with nuts, like hershey's with almonds, or snickers, baby ruth...caramel's good with chocolate.... i like plain m&ms (but have to have something salty with them)... krackel and whatchamacallit, they're also good. it's about six months since i had any, though! I may have to get one tonight, though, all this thinking of chocolate! :)

G.P.girl
06-09-2004, 07:47 PM
i love all chocolate! but i prefere milk chocolate, dark chocolate is ok, but i have to be in the mood for it. i don't like white chocolate by it's self, but it's really good with milk or dark chocolate. i don;t think it has very much taste (white) oh yeah and i don't really lik things in my chocolate (nuts, toffee etc.) but i'll never say no to some chocolate :D

Desert Arabian
06-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Addicted to chocolate. Period.

Uabassoon
06-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Guster I've never met someone else that likes Whatchamacallit's!

popcornbird
06-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I LOVE chocolate. I'm not too keen on dark chocolate, but milk chocolate, white chocolate, and every other kind of chocolate is simply irresistable.

guster girl
06-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Guster I've never met someone else that likes Whatchamacallit's!

They are almost always the first candy bar I'll reach for if I'm standing in front of the vending machine. They're yummy. We must be kindred spirits. :)

sirrahbed
06-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I totally love and crave anything chocolate! I read that it is actually like a drug and increases serotonin so it is an antidepressant:) I think it may be one of the main foodgroups, too:D I mean, it has dairy and legume right? It is GOOD for you!
Favorite candy bar....probably Butterfinger

Sirrahsim
06-09-2004, 09:07 PM
I am ADDICTED to Whatchamacallits!! We still remember the first time that I found a box of those here on base. I got super excited and bought about 5:rolleyes: :D :D ...
and I wonder why I've put on 25 lbs since getting married :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
06-09-2004, 09:42 PM
I'll eat ANY kind of chocolate when I'm in the mood. If I'm not in the mood for it, I end up gagging and wanting to puke it back out. My all time favorite is toblerone! :D

guster girl
06-09-2004, 10:32 PM
OMG! How could I have forgotten. Excluding candy bars, my favorite chocolates are ferrero rocher and mon cheris (not the kind with the cherry liquid). :) THOSE I have a very hard time resisting. I just try to avoid them completely!

MariaM
06-09-2004, 10:52 PM
I just put "other" because I LOVE white chocolate, really like milk chocolate, and don't really care for dark chocolate.

Corinna
06-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Thank dog that they now have sugar free or I would just as soon die. ALL choclate is good.

MariaM
06-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Speaking of a blue moon guster girl...I think there is gonna be one some time soon!

jazzcat
06-10-2004, 12:18 AM
I love chocolate, especially milk and white chocolate. I agree that dark chocolate is better with something instead of alone.

I consider anything coated in chocolate health food because the chocolate will protect it from germs.:D

trayi52
06-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Yummy, Chocolate! I love it all! I am also addicted to chocolate. It is also my comfort food! Hmmmm, is chocolate a food?

Yes it is!;)

Logan
06-10-2004, 05:53 AM
I am not much of a chocolate eater, myself. I choose to get fat on other stuff! :o But I do love the occasional Reece's Pnut butter cup or a Snickers Bar. :)

neko1
06-10-2004, 05:58 AM
I love milk chocolate and white chocolate but I don't like dark chocolate.:)

.....must...go...eat...chocolate........now!!

CatMama78
06-10-2004, 08:39 AM
MMMMMMM, chocolate....I like it. I don't really crave it though. But I'll eat it if it's around. I prefer cake type things over candy bars. Sweets aren't my problem, things like burgers and fries are :)

DJFyrewolf36
06-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Every once in a while I'll binge on chocolate *I like all chocolate btw*, I love the stuff but it doesn't love me. I get waaaay too wired *boing boing* My mom made this face :rolleyes: when I discovered Mocha coffee lol. *Chocolate and coffee were made for eachother I think* I'll be wired for days if I drink one of those Frappachino things, or one of those new Starbucks drinks. Coffee in itself makes me bounce off the walls, add chocolate and there's real big trouble hehe.

Albea
06-10-2004, 09:49 AM
A justification for all of us, chocolate addicts A friend sent me this some time ago:

CHOCOLATE IS A VEGETABLE.!!!

Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans.
Bean = vegetable

Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar BEETS.

Both of them are plants, in the vegetable category.
Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all
count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

Remember - - -

ÒSTRESSEDÓ
spelled backward is
ÒDESSERTSÓ

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm not much of a chocolate person...

I only like the choc. from Reese's PB Cups, Frerro Rochers, or Snickers. Other than that, NO! I like White Chocolate though, can't STAND Dark Choc. I don't even like chocolate cake, bars, frosting, ice cream... YUCK!

ramanth
06-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I love all types of chocolate, though I rarely eat it. Once in awhile I splurge. :)

My one weak spot is chocolate with caramel. ohhhhh *drools*
:D

sirrahbed
06-10-2004, 11:00 AM
ok WHO started this thread...umm. DOGGIRL!! I am dying for chocolate and there is NONE in the house!!! Nothing! I have looked everywhere too:o ARGHH! All YOUR fault! I MUST feed this craving! Out I go - gotta have Hershey Hugs! Nothing else will do right now! Later!;)

PS Maybe a Whatchamacallit or Zero bar while I am out:D I like them, too!

dukedogsmom
06-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I put only some because I can't stand the dark chocolate. I wish I thought it was all gross! Unfortunately, for me, it's one of the food groups. I love chocolate. I could almost just live on it.

lynnestankard
06-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Oooohhh Choccy - my favourite food in the whole world - yep any kind - dark, milk or white - give me. give me, give me!!!

As I sit typing with a Cadbury flake dribbling all over the keyboard (sorry Debbie - wish I could share with you!) I have a theory about chocolate - one one hand dark chocolate - on the other hand milk chocolate - result? A balanced diet!!!

I love any chocolate - Toblerone, Maltesers, Mars, Dairy Milk, Terry's Plain, Black Magic, M & M's - either chocolate or nut - I'm not fussy! - Crunchie, Smarties, Caramel, oh you get the general idea - sorry if some of these are not known in USA.

Right - I'm off to the fridge to get some more................

Lynne

sirrahbed
06-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Omegosh - I almost forgot about the yummy European chocolates! Let's see...there was one in grocery stores like our Hershey bars called a Ritter Sport and my favorite was Marzipan. Then there were kinder-eggs that had white chocolate AND milk chocolate and a surprise inside! OOH! We would get a box of these really pretty chocolates - I think from Belgium but not sure - shaped like seashells and swirled with white - oh so good!!! There was a chocolate factory somewhere near Zweibruecken. Gosh - can any chocolate be *yucky*?? NOT!
ahhhhh Cadbury - can't beat THAT!!!!
THIS is a YUMMY thread:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-10-2004, 04:14 PM
grrr this thread.......now I have to buy chocolate chips at the store...oh darn lol

RedHedd
06-10-2004, 04:49 PM
I absolutely LOVE dark chocolate! YUMM! and white chocolate. After those two, plain old milk chocolate does nothing for me. Here at my office, the managing partner is a chocoholic. We buy chocolate by the CASE and it's everywhere! M&M's (both plain and peanut), those mini Hershey bars in all varieties - we fight over who gets the dark ones, Hershey's kisses & hugs, mini Snickers bars and for our birthdays we have the choice of getting flowers or a 2 lb. box of Sees .... guess which one I always get? :p We warn anyone who starts working here that they will gain at least 5 lbs. their first month, but we are a very happy bunch. :D

popcornbird
06-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed

ahhhhh Cadbury - can't beat THAT!!!!

Meh..........WHY did you have to mention Cadbury? Now my mouth is watering, and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!! :p

*Dying for Cadbury*

:D

sirrahbed
06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Meh..........WHY did you have to mention Cadbury? Now my mouth is watering, and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!! :p

Who? Me?:eek:
doggirl started the thread and Lynne mentioned Cadbury!!!:p ;)
I have already been forced to go to the store!!!

popcornbird
06-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Who? Me?:eek:
doggirl started the thread and Lynne mentioned Cadbury!!!:p ;)
I have already been forced to go to the store!!!

Yes YOU. The blame has to go to you ya know. ;) He he he! Buy me some Cadbury too! I can't go to the store.........there are no cars at home! My parents and brother all went out and took all the cars. *sniff*

I want Cadbury! :p

sirrahbed
06-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

I want Cadbury!

Ok, OK, here ya go then - and this won't put any weight on either;)
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/poppy.jpg

popcornbird
06-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok, OK, here ya go then - and this won't put any weight on either;)
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/poppy.jpg

:eek::eek:

Suuuuuure...........make my mouth water even more by tempting me with those pics! :p Good grief!

LOL!

carole
06-10-2004, 06:52 PM
CHOCOHOLIC here, I guess my least favourite is dark chocolate and white, but if that is all there is I will force myself to eat it, lol, I love our Crunchie bars, lovely hokey pokey covered in milk chocolate , yummie, I do like Hersheys, it is the only american chocolate i really like, I prefer our chocolate and belguim, swiss chocolate., and as for Cadbury, yes you are one of the BEST.!!!!:)

Not forgetting Toberlone, and chocolate covered almonds and macadamia nuts, and Aero bars, moro bars, M and M's ,one of my favs is chocolate covered licorice, oh I could go on and on, but i can feel the kilos coming on , just thinking about them all lol.:)

Miss Meow
06-10-2004, 08:21 PM
I love chocolate. A day without chocolate is a bad day indeed :)

My favourite is Haigh's chocolate truffles with mandarin or pineapple filling inside. Or their chocolate frogs, or freckles, or honeycomb block, or berry chocs, or rocky road, or marshmallow kokettes, or caramel filled chocs, or plain dark dessert block. :D

teenster3
06-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Is chocolate still considered a girl's best friend???
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and I'm glad I'm not alone!!!
Of course I love chocolate anything...ice cream, cookies, cakes, candy. I merchandise bakery products so, I get to have chocolate quite often. Oh, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!!!
;)
I don't care for dark chocolate either, it must be an acquired taste. My husband likes me to buy it so he can put peanut butter on it and eat it that way!!! :p

teenster3
06-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh......has anyone tried any of the "new" candy bars, I think there's a white chocolate peanut butter cup, nestle toll-house candy bar, hmmm, and the crunchy snickers and m&m's are fairly new too right?
I didn't care for any of these....I like the original myself!!!

lynnestankard
06-11-2004, 06:29 AM
Quote: My husband likes me to buy it so he can put peanut butter on it and eat it that way!!! (Teenster3)

AAAGGGHHHHH!! It sounds disgusting:D :D The choccy bit is good - but peanut butter? :eek: :eek: Wonder if that's a man thing?!!

Oh I've tried those crunchy M&M's and thought they were not good! Uurrgghhhh.:(

Hope you managed to get to the store PCB!! Poor thing all alone and NO chocolate - that's cruel:D :eek: :D

Lynne

sirrahbed
06-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by teenster3
Oh......has anyone tried any of the "new" candy bars, I think there's a white chocolate peanut butter cup, nestle toll-house candy bar, hmmm, and the crunchy snickers and m&m's are fairly new too right?
I didn't care for any of these....I like the original myself!!!

YES, I love the white chocolate versions (only had the white Crackle) BUT somehow, they don't quite seem like CHOCOLATE - they will do as a *sweet* but they aren't really CHOCOLATE :D
Of course I will not refuse them....

cali
06-11-2004, 09:57 AM
totally depends. for example a chocolate bar like a coffee crisp or kit kat, pretty much only a thin layer of milk chocolate then yummm, otherwise I am not a huge fan, anything too sweet hurts my teeth, so am am not a big fan of chocolate anymore.

smokey the elder
06-12-2004, 08:16 AM
All of the above!!!:D

Randi
06-12-2004, 09:12 AM
I love chocolade, but not every day. I can get an urge to eat chocolade for 3-4 days, and then go without it for weeks. ;)

I prefer dark quality chocolade and filled.

These are the ones I prefer:

Homemade chocolade truffles - like these:

http://www.chocolate.co.uk/images/i_rolling.jpg

Anthon Berg
Ritter sport, dark - with nuts - with coconut
Ferrero Rocher
Cadbury's Bourneville
sometimes Fazer

... and lastly, here are some chocolade recipees. :D

http://www.chocolate-recipes.net/

EssTer
06-12-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm strange person, I dont like chocholate as much..I like only milk chocholate.. I get sick of those balck or white chockolates :)