PDA

View Full Version : Tabitha's Vet Re-Check....

kimlovescats
06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Well today was Tabitha's re-check after 2 weeks on her medicines for Roundworms and Coccidia. The roundworms are all gone, and the Coccidia is much better, but there are still a few left. :( Sooooooo, it's 3 more weeks of Albon for her, then another fecal. The vet said that sometimes kitties have it so bad it takes a month or more to completely clear it up. But, she is looking really good and has slightly more than doubled her weight in only 2 weeks. She is now a WHOPPING .7 lbs!!! :eek:
Yep .... she was only .3lbs two weeks ago, and she has now just passed the half pound mark! This girlie is extra tiny for her age ... but she is a survivor!!!!

Continue praying that this next round of Albon will kill the remaining Coccidia ... and Tabitha will be ready for her kitten shots! ;)

catlover4ever
06-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Prayers are being sent for Little Miss Tabitha. I'm glad she is doing better.

sirrahbed
06-09-2004, 03:10 PM
aww Tabitha you are doing great!!!! Doubling your weight is amazing!!! We are so proud of you and all that your Meowmie has been able to accomplish with you:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Well done sweetie. Praying you will soon be off the meds, and continue to get stronger!!

CatMama78
06-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Yay, Tabitha is doing fantastic. More prayers that she will be completely healed real soon. Good job, our precious survivor.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah for Tabitha! Hopefully the meds will continue to do their thing and by the next vet check she will have tripled her weight!

Great job Kim!

And ever since I met Barbara, Tabitha will always be Tabeetha, with the emphasis on the "bee" part, not Tabitha with the emphasis on the "Tab" part like I would normally pronounce it. She is just so much more a Tabeetha than a Tabitha to me now. Thanks Barbara! :D

sirrahbed
06-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
She is just so much more a Tabeetha than a Tabitha to me now. Thanks Barbara! :D

ah!!! that has a nice ring to it! Thanks Barbara - Tabee'tha!:)

Steffi N
06-09-2004, 03:39 PM
WOW .7 pounds, that's great. I hope the new course of Albon finally gets rid of the Coccidia. It's wonderful to read how well your baby girl is doing, Kim :)

Cataholic
06-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Keep growing, Tabby!

trayi52
06-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Wow, that is great news. I am glad to hear that her weight has doubled. I will keep hoping and praying that the next round of Albon will help beat her Coccidia bug.

Way to go Tabitha!

Willie:)

catnapper
06-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Yay for the good news! I'm sorry to hear that you still have some germies living in you, but you'll get rid of them soon enough! :) Keep growing and reach that one pouncd mark real soon!

rosethecopycat
06-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Good girl, Tabitha.

If you double your weight, so will I! Deal?

Now where's the Krispy Kremes?

Rose

kimlovescats
06-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Thank you everyone. I was a bit disappointed at first .... felt sure she was all better, but the vet asked about her poop. I told her it still wasn't good and firm, but getting better ..... but the result was the ever present Coccidia. :rolleyes: I know she is doing great, and it is very common (per the vet) for it to take several weeks or even more than a month to clear up .... but it just put a little insecurity back into my heart. But as long as she is eating like a piggy (which she most definitely is) and playing ... then I will rest assured!

Vet also said that when she comes back she will start her kitten shots ... then I'll have to worry about her getting sick from those! It sure is hard being a newborn momcat!!!
:rolleyes:

I guess the good Lord is priming for the new grandbaby that will soon be coming into my home. It's been 15 years since I had a skinbaby to care for!!! I got to feel Amy Beth's baby move for the first time last night ... must say that was exciting! :D Tomorrow is her ultrasound where we "hopefully" will find out the sex!

Please pray that my grandbaby looks good and healthy!!!

Craftlady
06-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Plain Yogart and Libby's pure pumpkin pie filling. Yogart will promote good bacteria. Pumpkin will help bind potty. Spoon full of pumpkin a day. Couple spoonfuls of yogart a day.

The above fixed Skinny's potty problems that and Nutro food (with no bi products)

leslie flenner
06-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Glad things are going ok for little baby! Remember I said a while back that Albon (I was told by my vet) can cause dehydration? well, somewhere here on pet talk someone reminded me of why, one of the side effects is diarreah!! Hence, with babies, are at risk for dehydration! But I am assuming only if not eating (ya know, the ones that are sick, won't eat, punk day on end?) Never-the-less, I wanted to get that info out there to all!! Hey, ya know, you don't HAVE to get the shots at the exact 8 week mark!! You can postpone and let the gal gain sufficient strength till you are comfortable subjecting her to more stuff!! (And have you cooked up that delicious, healthy formula recipe yet? Want me to cook it up and ups it to you?- is truely yummy and super loaded with good nutrients!) More photos please?

catcrazylady
06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
You doubled your weight baby girl!!!! YIPPEE!!! A whole half a pound! At this rate your gonna be a big girl in no time! I'm so happy!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jazzcat
06-09-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm glad she is growing bigger and stronger!!!

I hope the ultrasound shows good news tomorrow for your daughter and grandbaby!

Prayers for both little ones.

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Tabitha still has some coccidia left but I'm very glad to hear that she's growing and eating very well.

I hope the ultrasound goes well tomorrow and that the baby is healthy.:)

lizzielou742
06-10-2004, 08:19 AM
What a big strong girl Tabitha is!!!! Keep on growing, cutie!

catmandu
06-10-2004, 08:47 AM
This part of Bewitching Tabithas life , is crucial , and The Found cats are all praying for her. Did she get her leather mouse, yet?

kimlovescats
06-10-2004, 09:11 AM
No, Gary .. nothing yet ... we are still waiting with anticipation! Will let you know as soon as it comes!!!;)

Barbara
06-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Normally girls aren't too happy when they put on weight but in this case it's great!!!!!

Hey Debbie- how should I know to pronounce kitties' names before I met them in purrson:D

ramanth
06-10-2004, 09:22 AM
I'll be thinking about little Miss Tabitha. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Hey Debbie- how should I know to pronounce kitties' names before I met them in purrson:D

Exactly! And that's why I love the name Tabeetha. :D

I always pronounced Filou like Filo with the emphasis on the Fi, not Felou with the emphasis on the lou until I met you, so I've been saying it wrong all these years. And Tigris too. I always said it like I was saying Tiger. Now I know better. ;) :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Can I make you a pretty Tabitha siggy? :)

Oh dear Tabitha... I am glad to hear you're getting better! Many kisses from me!