PDA

View Full Version : :( Didn't find out anything again(also bad news)

DogLover9501
06-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Well first read my previous thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50928)

:( :( :( :( :(

The vet scraped and scraped and scraped and scraped, but we didn't find anything.

Also Jasper has a little pimple-like lump on his chest, which is a tumor :( and the vet said most tumors with boxers are cancerous :(

I am so worried, scared, upset, angry, sad...:(

I want to know whats wrong with my baby and I want that tumor removed right now :( but we can't get it done right now

:( :( :(

Kfamr
06-09-2004, 01:25 PM
OMG. Did they do any tests to figure out if it is or not!?!?
You've got me worried now.... What else did the vet say???

lv4dogs
06-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Gosh poor Jasper. Have you contacted the breeder? Do they have any clues? Or has anything like this happened to any of the other pups from her/his dogs?

Unfortunatly boxers are prone to tumors & your vet is right, most are cancerous, but even so, he is awful young for that, isn't he just about a year old? I would contact Jaspers breeder asap & let her know all that is going on w/ him.

I have been trying to keep UTD on Jasper but it is a little hard to do, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before but has he been tested for allergies?

Good luck! You & jasper deserve it!:D

My Peanuts
06-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh poor Jasper! I'll keep you and Jasper in my prayers. Hopefully, even if the worst is true, Jasper will be ok because he is so young. Maybe the silver lining to this is that Jasper has allergies so he would be at the vet and the tumor could be caught early. Be thankful for that. Just a thought.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-09-2004, 02:14 PM
When my Max was a pup he had a small tumor on his chest it liike like a big zit.... My doc told me it was a puppy tumor and lots of boxers get them well to make a long story short... I made a appt to have it removed and while waiting for the day to come it disapeard.....Talked and shored doc and he said just to keep a eye on the area

Hopefullythis will happen for you and Jasper "Good Luck" Keep us posted

Uabassoon
06-09-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that they still aren't able to figure out anything :( I hope that the tumor isn't cancerous.

CatMama78
06-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Poor, poor Jasper!! Oh I'm so sorry. Sending you both lots of prayers and positive vibes.

When did the doctor say they could find out more about the tumor?

From what I read before sounds like the doctor in your place is not the most advanced and you would have to take Jasper somewhere else for a thorough examination. I know it would be costly, but I'm sure whatever vet you chose would work with you on a payment plan. I'm trying to think of other options too.

I'm so sorry for your stress and worry. I can't imagine how you feel right now. Try to keep your chin up until you know for sure what is going on. Hopefully the tumor is not cancerous.

heinz57_79
06-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Oh no! :( I feel so bad for both you and Jasper. I'm sorry there's still no answers, and I hope the lump isn't malignant. It could just be a random bump or just a fatty tumour, which are usually benign. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Arthur sends great big puppy kisses to you and Jasper! :) My gf and I are going to light a 7 day candle for you guys, and give you an extra dose of magick! Keep us updated, ok? And give Jasper belly nuzzles from me!

Chin up, kiddo! It will all work out in the end!

DogLover9501
06-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
OMG. Did they do any tests to figure out if it is or not!?!?
You've got me worried now.... What else did the vet say???

Jasper is going to get a biopsy done on his skin when we have the money and they will also remove the little tumor when he goes in for that since he has to get put to sleep for it anyway.

Like FizzGiggs_Mommy said, it's like a big zit, and the vet did say it might go away on its own in 4-8 weeks, but we're going to have it removed before that because our vet would like to test it.

Originally posted by lv4dogs
I have been trying to keep UTD on Jasper but it is a little hard to do, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before but has he been tested for allergies?

Yes, Jasper had 2 alergy tests, one tested 48 things in the environment(dust, grass, carpet...etc) and another tested 15 foods, both didn't show up anything. Now they are thinking it's his skin, but all those skin scrapes didn't show anything either.

Also his breeder is not a helpful nor friendly person...

Thanks everyone, prayers, thoughts and positive vibes are really needed, I find myself trying to laugh/smile at happy times but am quickly stopped by thoughts and worries about Jasper :(

chocolatepuppy
06-09-2004, 03:57 PM
More prayers for Jasper coming your way. Hang in there I know this has to be so hard for you.

DogLover9501
06-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks, yes its very hard

Here's a picture of him I just took, posting it "just because", pointless I know

Trish
06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
I lurk on this board alot so Hello! sorry to hear about your pooch and I know it is frustrating but you have to think postive. My dobergirl who is 7yrs had a lump on her chest like that and it scared me to death!! It was lypolma (sp?) fatty tumor she has had serveral but never on her chest. Can you move the tumor?? Does it feel attached??? With my experience if they move it is the and does not feel attached it is most likely a fatty tumor and watch to see if it grows, outline it with a piece of paper and pen to see if it grows rapid. If it is a fatty tumor have it removed (when you have the $) and have the vet send it to the University of Mich. for testing. Good luck my fingers are crossed.

Cincy'sMom
06-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh no!! I just updated your other thread, giving you more info about the shampoos,a nd then I found this!! Poor Jasper!! You guys have had such a run of bad luck, not finding anythin gout, let's hope it is your turn for some good, and this tumor turns out to be a pimple or fat.

kimlovescats
06-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Sending love and best wishes for your sweet Jasper pup! I feel sure that it can be removed with no problems! ;)

bluekat
06-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh no poor Jasper:( You must be so scared right now...well I'll be praying for her and I hope the tumor gets removed soon!:)

DogLover9501
06-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks Tiffany

Yes, I am very scared, not only scared, I feel every way all at once, I feel like Im a terrible fur-mom, even though I am doing all I can, it's obviously not enough. I feel angry, why does he have to go through all this? He's only 9 months old. I feel worried, I want to hold my head high and think everythings going to be fine, but theres been too many disappointments so far to hold my head high. I feel sad, I can't act happy anymore, I hate looking at his sores, his pimple/zit/tumor, I hate seeing him scratching, I hate looking in his eyes and not knowing whats going on with him, whats going to happen, if he'll ever get better, anything!

:( :( :( :( :(

DogLover9501
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
I think I will only be lurking around PT for a bit, I'll still update *sigh* Maybe it's just the way I feel right now....:(

Holly's mom
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Oh, I am so sorry!:( :( I hope it is not cancer and everything works out for the best.

MariaM
06-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh no! That's horrible! :( Poor Jasper, I'll pray for you. I'm sure your thinking right now "Why us?" I know I would be. There are all those people who get a dog from a BYB, and they're fine and live to a ripe old age, no problem or anything. And then you, who's done lots of research on foods, breeders, trying to find jobs to pay for him, and this happens. Pretty ironic eh? :( Sorry to hear about it, hope he does good though.

Tina
06-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh,no poor Jasper:( *Hugs to both of you!* I will be keeping him in my thoughts. I really hope everything turns out ok.

dukedogsmom
06-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Poor Jasper. Duke has a bump that I just had tested because I was worried about it. It's not a bad one but it still may have to be removed. Hopefully this bump will go away or at least it won't be cancerous. I know how worried you must be. Give him some extra loving from me and Duke.

guster girl
06-09-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm really sorry Jasper has been so badly afflicted with all of these problems. :( It sounds like he's just gotten all of the junk Boxers are prone to getting. I hope the bump doesn't cause him too many problems.

anna_66
06-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh Robyn,
I'm so sorry to hear this:( I do hope it goes away on it's own.
Please give your big boy a hug & kiss from me and keep us updated on anything else that goes on.

wolf_Q
06-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I hope you will be able to find out what's wrong with Jasper, and I hope it's nothing serious!

DogLover9501
06-10-2004, 02:08 PM
:( I hope the same things.

Everything keeps getting in the way! I need $200 to get his biopsy plus more now to get that tumor removed and tested, and on the 14th it's my god-mother's birthday and then the 26th is her anniversary.

I will definatly keep you all updated on him, but it may be July or so until he can get it done, I hate to see him scratch and scratch for another month :(

Rio and Me
06-10-2004, 02:47 PM
What creams are you useing for the irritation at the moment?
Also how often are you aplying them (if it's vet stuff)??
If you can mix Tea Tree oil in with Sudocream (?sp) and apply as much as needed, inbetween other vet cream (if you are useing it).
This works wounders to ease the icthing, it may not/wont clear it but it will help the ichting, its cheap and efective, we use it often on our old dog who has bursts of flea allergies.
Please try it and tell me if it has any efects.
PS i very much hope you solve this problem.
Ky and Rio

trayi52
06-10-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry Robyn, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I hope you don't just lurk, you need to go ahead and talk to us, and don't get so down. I notice it looks like in the picture, Jasper is also feeling what you are feeling.

Please know that we are all praying and will be keeping you and Jasper in our thoughts. I hope and pray everything will turn out in the best way!

Willie

DogLover9501
06-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Ky-No, Im not using any creams on him at the moment

Willie-I try to post and such when I feel like it, but I usually dont, I lurk alot and try to smile/laugh, but it's getting harder and harder, I want to know whats wrong with my boy...

And also my grandfather is sick now too

trayi52
06-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Robyn, I will be praying for you, your grandfather and Jasper. Please know you are in my thoughts.

Willie

DogLover9501
06-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks Willie :) {{{Hugs}}}

countrycowgirl
06-11-2004, 12:15 AM
OH ROBYN I AM SO SORRY ALL OF THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU. BUT YOU GOT TO TRY TO BE HAPPY FOR JASPER . EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY. WHEN IT FEELS LIKE NOTHING IS EVERY GOING TO WORKOUT YOU HAVE TO FIND THE WAY. I PROMISE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO WORKOUT. CHIN UP OKAY. DO IT FOR JASPER . YOU,JASPER,AND YOUR GRANDFATHER WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS {{{{{{{{A REALLY BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}

ChrisH
06-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Robyn, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for Jasper.

Chris

RubyMutt
06-13-2004, 03:42 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear about this :( I'm sending positive thoughts to poor Jasper. I hope you get some good news soon :(

wolfie
06-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm so sorry about all this. :(

It's not your fault at all - you're such a great owner! You sacrifice so much for your pets, and do all that you can to give them the best life possible. It's not fair to you, or Jasper. I really hope that everything turns out great in the end. In fact I know it will. *hugs*

DogLover9501
06-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

Rachel-I hope it all works out! *hugs*

Kfamr
06-13-2004, 10:54 PM
{{Hugs to you Robyn}}

Give Jasper some hugs too. :)

DogLover9501
06-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks Kay {{{Hugs}}}

Also Jasper's hugs were given ;)

RobiLee
06-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Just letting you know that I'm thinking about you and Jasper and wishing all the best for you both.

{{{HUGS}}}.....Robin

cloverfdx
06-14-2004, 07:39 AM
Oh no Robyn i am so sorry, i was lurking and somthing told me to check out how Jasper was doing. :(

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{Hugs for the 2 of you}}}

DogLover9501
06-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks Robin :) {{{Hugs}}

And thanks Clover {{{Hugs}}} and Jasper's hugs will be given ;)