PDA

View Full Version : Is it Thursdays #58 Yet?

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2004, 12:47 PM
*rattle, rattle!* Moff pokes head in door...
Anyone here yet?
Been a long week! I am helping myself to the cherry root beer!

Mario!!! What are you doing here all by yourself? Oh, Oh! Looks like you've been into the cherries again! Let me wash your face and hands or you will end up with an entire bath. None of us wants THAT!

Yes, you can have a beer after we get you cleaned up.:D

RICHARD
06-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Yes, you can have a beer after we get you cleaned up.:D

Can I have one too???:)

lbaker
06-09-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm here! I was just out back sweeping the porch and getting the grill ready in case anyone wants some nice BBQ'd ribs tomorrow (or later today??) I'll start some coffee while you get Mario washed up. I let him wait inside only if he promised not to get into trouble. Guess he figured a few cherries wasn't TOOO nawty. At least he left the beer alone - so far.

trayi52
06-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Great Moff, I am so glad somebody is here, I was wondering where Mario went. Looks like he was trying to open the bar, and get here first so he could get the cherries!

It has been a long week, I have been looking forward to a nice cold beer all week! It has suddenly turned so hot here! Whew, it is so hot, a nice cold beer is just what I need, looks like Mario is wanting a nice cold beer too.

I noticed Mario hasn't been sleeping in his house of a night, and sleeping on our front porch, where my husband has an old recliner sitting that he was planning on hauling off to the dump.

Mario has laid claims to that recliner!

How are you today?:)

lbaker
06-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Belly up to the bar RICHARD, I'll get you a nice cold one. You too Willie. You three Mario. Me four. Anything for you MOFF? Refill?

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Can I have one too???:)
DONE!
I've waited a long time to say that!

Willie, I'm fine! Just tired of the achy old arthritis. Good thing I can leave it at the door when I come into the bar. Hmmm! Maybe that's the reason I like the bar so much? Naw, it's the company we keep here.
:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Belly up to the bar RICHARD, I'll get you a nice cold one. You too Willie. You three Mario. Me four. Anything for you MOFF? Refill? A refill would be great! Got any guacamole chips? I LOVE those things!:D

lbaker
06-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I think there are some chips in the pantry. Want some salsa with that? Never mind the beer for me, I think a tall Bloody would be a nice way to start things off. Besides, if Slick and/or David P stop by you know darn well they will probably want one. I'll just make a pitcher and get a head start ;)

trayi52
06-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Laurie, I think I would like to try a Bloody Mary, you know I have never even drank one before in my life! What do you put in a bloody mary?

Please, let me try one, I need one, I am sitting here watching tv, and watching them honor our late President Regan, and stuff like that just make me bawl like a baby!

Somebody please cheer me up!

davidpizzica
06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I think there are some chips in the pantry. Want some salsa with that? Never mind the beer for me, I think a tall Bloody would be a nice way to start things off. Besides, if Slick and/or David P stop by you know darn well they will probably want one. I'll just make a pitcher and get a head start ;) david p IS here!! BMs on a hot day sound delicious!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by trayi52

Please, let me try one, I need one, I am sitting here watching tv, and watching them honor our late President Regan, and stuff like that just make me bawl like a baby!

Somebody please cheer me up! I had to stop watching the coverage. When Mrs. Reagan put her cheek against the flag drapped coffin the other night, I just lost it. So sad!

Let's turn on some fast music, wind Mario up, and let that fella dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

davidpizzica
06-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
DONE!
I've waited a long time to say that!

Willie, I'm fine! Just tired of the achy old arthritis. Good thing I can leave it at the door when I come into the bar. Hmmm! Maybe that's the reason I like the bar so much? Naw, it's the company we keep here.
:D MOFF, I LOVE it when I can leave my arthritic knee in the real world, and enjoy BMs at the bar!!

lbaker
06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Willie, basically it's tomato juice and vodka but it's best when you jazz it up a bit. V-8 juice or a spicy tomato juice of some kind or * shhhh, don't tell Phred * dreaded Klam Juz (Clamato) works well. I splash in some Worstershire and a pinch of horseradish. Some like celery seed but I don't. Garnish with a stalk of celery, a lime wedge or - shudder - some of RICHARD's nasty stuffed olives, depending on individual tastes. YUMMMM, stop hogging the pitcher david p ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi everybody! <waves>

Last week when Sara, Barbara and I got together for dinner with our better halves (who aren't on PT) we were trying to explain Thursdays and the bar. Don and Siegmar had this blank look on their faces and Terry was rolling his eyes (I've tried to explain to him before so he somewhat knew what we were talking about). They just didn't get it!

So, let me see.....what sounds good today....Oh! I forgot, then we all went to dinner at a cajun seafood type place. I had this drink called a Swamp Thing! It was yummy and all it lacked was the little umbrella! :p Let me see if I can remember what it all had in it....melon liqueur, raspberry liqueur, 1/2 margarita and 1/2 rum runner...I think that was it. All I know is it was goooo-ood and boy was it strong! <head spins>

Hmmm...still sounds pretty good. I think I'll have one of those. Lots of crushed ice for a hot day like today. ;) :D

lbaker
06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Son Ken & Jenny were understanding about Thursday's for awhile, they even got out the jacks and played one evening after I told them Gini & I played jacks on the front porch one Thursday. But I don't bother saying anything any more. Not since the undie flinging on the rafters, the haz-mat guys and some of Mario's antics. They don't even want to hear about it :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Bloody Mary

1 1/4 oz. Vodka, Dash of Lemon juice, Worcestershire, 2 or 3 drops Tabasco, Pepper, Salt & Celery salt, Tomato juice

Over ice in a tall glass, add spices, then Vodka, Fill with Tomato juice & Stir, Garnish with Celery stick & Lime wedge
-------------------------------
T&P
The Original Road's End Cooler
"Alias the Green Thing"

You must begin with a 22 ounce brandy snifter. Pack it with ice. And I mean pack it! One of the tricks of making it correctly is over packing the glass with ice.

The second trick is to layer each ingredient. Add each ingredient in the order given below.

2 1/2 ounces of Midori®.
Then add 1 1/2 ounces of light rum.

Add pineapple juice. Fill to about 1/2" from the brim of the glass.
Top the drink with grapefruit juice.

Garnish your drink with a wedge of fresh pineapple (not a canned pineapple ring!!) and a maraschino cherry.

To make a Swamp Thing, follow the above directions, but reduce the pineapple juice slightly to make room for 3/4 oz of dark rum, which you will float on the top of the grapefruit juice.

DONE!!

------------------------------

Laurie,

Nasty stuffed olives???

Remember, I know where you'll be at the end of next month.

Here's a question..

Should I take Friday off to see Reagan come back home???

I was listening to a radio show host last night ask the question of the people who stood in line to pay their respects, "What did you get out of doing this?"

my answer??

It's hard to ignore history when it's in the neighborhood!

slick
06-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Besides, if Slick and/or David P stop by you know darn well they will probably want one. I'll just make a pitcher and get a head start ;)
Boy you just read my mind.

**waves**
Hi everyone. Just gotta say I'm in great pain. My friend and co-worker told me she needed some help getting a worm pill into her kitty Jaz. Well, I fluffled up my feathers and told her I could pill any cat in my sleep.

Monday night, here I was in my friend's living room and we had Jaz all wrapped up burrito style so I tried to open her mouth but she was squirming and wiggling so much we had to start over. Attempt #2 failed as well. Finally attempt #3 was successful but when I pulled out my index finger she clamped down on it so hard that it was bleeding for awhile. Now, it swollen, red, throbbing and very very painful. I did seek medical attention but was told to soak it 2-3 times a day in salt water which I've been doing. I think it must have done some nerve damage because the tip of my finger is a bit numb.

Jaz needs another pill in 10 days....I told her to take her to the vet......friendship can only be pushed so far....

So bartender......I need a painkiller please.

RICHARD
06-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by slick
Well, I fluffled up my feathers and told her I could pill any cat in my sleep.

So bartender......I need a painkiller please.

Everyone knows that cats love to bite feathered objects!:eek:

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Slick, do you want Mario to kiss your boo boo and make it better? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Oohhh, ouchie, Slick! Just remember, like they told CCL, if the redness starts going up your arm, don't wait, head right for the emergency room!

Thanks for the recipe, Richard! The only think is yours sounds like it would be more yellow in color, this thing was mostly red except for a greenish color on the top - which tasted suspiciously like melon, must have been the Midori. :D

And BTW, how did you get that little R in the circle thingy after the Midori? Must be some fancy keyboard you have there. ;)

Aaaannnnddd...I'll take another one of those. Terry is out of town tonight so I can whoop it up! ;) :D

RICHARD
06-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

And BTW, how did you get that little R in the circle thingy after the Midori? Must be some fancy keyboard you have there. ;)

Aaaannnnddd...I'll take another one of those.

lol,
I did look at that and think, WOW......

It's the button that says, "Cut and Paste"

DONE!

davidpizzica
06-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Willie, basically it's tomato juice and vodka but it's best when you jazz it up a bit. V-8 juice or a spicy tomato juice of some kind or * shhhh, don't tell Phred * dreaded Klam Juz (Clamato) works well. I splash in some Worstershire and a pinch of horseradish. Some like celery seed but I don't. Garnish with a stalk of celery, a lime wedge or - shudder - some of RICHARD's nasty stuffed olives, depending on individual tastes. YUMMMM, stop hogging the pitcher david p ;) I only had three! an old man needs his nourishment!! lbaker.

davidpizzica
06-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Boy you just read my mind.

**waves**
Hi everyone. Just gotta say I'm in great pain. My friend and co-worker told me she needed some help getting a worm pill into her kitty Jaz. Well, I fluffled up my feathers and told her I could pill any cat in my sleep.

Monday night, here I was in my friend's living room and we had Jaz all wrapped up burrito style so I tried to open her mouth but she was squirming and wiggling so much we had to start over. Attempt #2 failed as well. Finally attempt #3 was successful but when I pulled out my index finger she clamped down on it so hard that it was bleeding for awhile. Now, it swollen, red, throbbing and very very painful. I did seek medical attention but was told to soak it 2-3 times a day in salt water which I've been doing. I think it must have done some nerve damage because the tip of my finger is a bit numb.

Jaz needs another pill in 10 days....I told her to take her to the vet......friendship can only be pushed so far....

So bartender......I need a painkiller please. Slick, are you a glutton for punishment or what?! last week you were hit over the head with a chair, this week your finger is almost bitten off. WOW!!!

catland
06-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone - sounds like the party is heating up. We've got a bit of cool wet soggy weather her today so something warm (besides Mario) is what I need today.

Richard, regarding history - these occasions don't come along often. On a less solomn note, when the Salt Lake Olympic torch was making its rounds, it's route took it just two blocks away from my house. I left work a little early and it was fun. It was like a neighborhood block party. So, yes, you should go see him.

trayi52
06-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Your not going to believe this, but Mario is outside my window with a screwdriver. He is trying to pry the window open with it!! He keeps sticking it into the crevice of the window, and using it to pry with. I seen the window move from this side!!

A few weeks ago, he worked really hard taking down one of the shutters, he finally got the job done! Mario is a very busy boy!

Mario, you need to quit trying to take the window down, and come in and get you a beer.

A beer for Mario, and a double Bloody Marry for me! Please!

RICHARD
06-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by catland

Richard, regarding history - these occasions don't come along often. On a less solomn note, when the Salt Lake Olympic torch was making its rounds, it's route took it just two blocks away from my house. I left work a little early and it was fun. It was like a neighborhood block party. So, yes, you should go see him.

LOLOL...

I have seen 3 torch runs and next week should be my fourth.

In '84 we chased it all across the valley here near Los Angeles.

In '96 I took my dad to watch it, My dad was a person who didn't
get excited over things- It was a real treat to watch him stand up and start to clap as the caravan went by.

In 2002 I took the day off and went with some friends to see it come back to the L.A. Coliseum.....I am a sucker for stuff like that!!

I'm really looking forward to next week!

How's about a Cafe de Espana???

DONE!

Tray,
A man likes his tools!!;)

BM for you, Beer for my Buddy!

DONE!

davidpizzica
06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Your not going to believe this, but Mario is outside my window with a screwdriver. He is trying to pry the window open with it!! He keeps sticking it into the crevice of the window, and using it to pry with. I seen the window move from this side!!

A few weeks ago, he worked really hard taking down one of the shutters, he finally got the job done! Mario is a very busy boy!

Mario, you need to quit trying to take the window down, and come in and get you a beer.

A beer for Mario, and a double Bloody Marry for me! Please! Willie, a double for me, too.That really sounds cool!

Cincy'sMom
06-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Did I hear Beer and BBQ ribs? Sounds awesome to me!!!

RICHARD
06-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Double BM for David.

DONE!

Beer and BBQ for CM!!

DONE!

gini
06-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Oh but Willie, look how cute Mario looks with his little leather tool belt on.........give him a beer from me when he is done.

One of those swampy things sounds pretty good to me on this Wednesday - middle of the week day..........

Slick - kitties have jaws stronger than Goliath! I always use a pill pusher - I kinda like my fingers just the way they are.

I tried to explain Thursdays once - some people just don't have any sense of humor - so it was totally lost on them.

I hugged my maple tree today - bet I would get strange stares if I shared that info too. Let's see - drinks that don't really exist and you hug your tree..........(somebody take her temperature!)

catland
06-09-2004, 06:42 PM
I have a new addition for the bar if anyone is interested. Last week, my husband bought a slot machine at a garage sale. Its the good old one-armed bandit nickel five line machine.

He's working on repairing it now but it is in pretty good shape. It needed a couple of new fuses and bulbs, and we sent away for a manual to work on getting that third wheel to spin correctly.

Richard - the Cafe de Espana did the trick. btw, that was my second torch visit - I also saw the '84 torch. A friend's sister lived just a few blocks from that route.

slick
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by gini
Slick - kitties have jaws stronger than Goliath! I always use a pill pusher - I kinda like my fingers just the way they are.
LOL You know, I've probably pilled over 100 kitties in my life and this was the worst one yet.

None of my friends or family know anything about Pet Talk. If I tried to explain it, their eyes would just glaze over so it's my little secret.

Almost quittin' time now any chance of getting a double BM for the road?

QueenScoopalot
06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
EVENING ALL!! Big thunder boomers heading in quickly, so I'm typing fast! I'll have anything that's tall & cold provided it has no Southern Comfort in it! TTYL before I get nailed by lightening...runs outside to play in the rain....:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Ok, here's the latest wrap up on the bar activity.

Richard & Mario - huh-huh-huh tools <said while flexing muscles like Mr. Atlas>

David p - whersh dat pitsher of mmmary shings. I dink I need <hic-cup> anosher .....

catland and Richard are chasing torches all over the country and Slick is still nursing a sore finger.

Kkkhhhrrrra-a-a-a-aK gee, I hope that one didn't hit QSA! :eek:

And Gini, well she's just one of them ol' tree huggers, we know aaaalll about those sorts of people....

Signing off for Pet Talk News, this is T & P's Mom, and yes, as a matter of fact, I will have another. :D

gini
06-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Catland? A slot machine - ooooooo

I love that KA CHING sound..............when the money falls out.

But sometimes it just goes KA CHUNK........as it gobbles up and KEEPS the coins.

I love slot machines!

slick
06-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Slick is still nursing a sore finger.
You can say that again.....the puncture is actually starting to leak now......oops, too much information. I'm having to do more and more with my left hand. Do you know how hard it is to floss and brush with my left? How do you lefties do it? :confused: ;)

Jan: Are you OK?

Slots, can't stand them. When my first BF and I used to go on our annual trip to Vegas, we'd always play 21. :)

David: are you getting a bit "tight" over there?

To the rest of you I have one question? Will we retire Thursday's once we get to 65?:eek:

gini
06-09-2004, 09:50 PM
NO!! We won't retire at the 65th. By then we will all be "socially secure" and have even more fun.:D

Could somebody check on David? I think he is mumbling something over there in the corner. Even Mario is looking at him in a strange way.

slick
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
**shakes David**

David, David, speak to me. Why are you looking off into space like that? What did you say to him Mario??

OH NO.....look at all those swizzle stix on David's lap. Has he been into the garlic stuffed olives again??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Why would we retire it at 65? 67 it is for me, so by the time Thursday's gets to be 65 years old, the retirment age will probably be about 90 or so, and I'll be....42 + 64 = .....86!!!

But like I always told my friends, we'll still be partying, we'll just be in wheel chairs which is a good thing because then we can't fall over when we've had too much to drink.

Which reminds me...David....<shake, shake>....David....are you ok?

slick
06-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I don't know it was just a burning question.

BTW believe it or not I've had this song running through my head all day.....

Later on, we'll conspire
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid, he plans that we made
Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

:eek: :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Slick, I think you better head to the emergency room! I think you're becoming delirious from that bite! Oh, wait a minute, it might just be too many double BM's. ;)

Corinna
06-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi all (waves) Sorry I'm late but a little thing called work got in the way today.
I'll have a Irish velvety (cocoa and pepermint snops) lots of whip cream I need it. The boss started a chaotic project then went home sick leaving me to deal with it. Thank god for 2 days off.
My daughter gets thursdays even asks some times (mostly about the pet cones) she loved that one. no one else cares. Thats ok I don't get in to the junk on his taxidermy forum.

slick
06-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi Corinna! Whatever that drink is called - DONE!

A short story: A friend of mine came by yesterday (had the day off) and she brought her 2 yrs old son (Elijah). When they arrived Eli headed straight for my rescue cone and hung on to it. I explained to my friend that I rescued it from street abuse and she just laughed as if I was joking. :confused: Why don't people get it??

Corinna
06-09-2004, 11:18 PM
I don't know why they don't but who cares we do.
Who wants to retire Thursdays ? I can't live through the week with out it. I even requested Thursdays as my day off just so I didn't miss you guys, this summer.
Hey Willie The count down for the wedding has started less than 30 days WAHOO!!!!!!
Hubby got the taste of the being drug around today. They want him to make the wooden bridge that goes between the cakes. He had to spend 6 hours with her to finally get to see it. :) :D
Now he knows why I get tired being with her.

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 01:23 AM
You can say that again.....the puncture is actually starting to leak now......oops, too much information. I'm having to do more and more with my left hand. Do you know how hard it is to floss and brush with my left? How do you lefties do it? :confused: ;)

Jan: Are you OK?

Slots, can't stand them. When my first BF and I used to go on our annual trip to Vegas, we'd always play 21. :)

David: are you getting a bit "tight" over there?

To the rest of you I have one question? Will we retire Thursday's once we get to 65?:eek: IM not as think as you drunk I am!! hic

trayi52
06-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Wow, Corinna, it not going to be long at all! The time will just fly by now.

Lindsey and Sam are off again! I tell you what, I don't know what to think about them. She thinks he is wanting to be around those two stupid girls again, and other things going on that I just don't understand! What a ride!

Darn, I wish they would make up their minds once and for all!

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 01:33 AM
What happened? My head feels like 2 times it's size! Why is every one shaking me? Jeez, I gotta cut down on the BMs! Even Mario is looking at me weird. Those olives WERE GOOD!!

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Boy there's a strong odor of garlic around here this morning! Top-O-The- Mornin' Ta Ya'll! (Well bottom still lol). We had a pretty wild storm racing through here last night...nothing beats a good lightening show. Slick you'd better find some Pill Pockets for that set of teeth disguised as a cat! And get that finger looked at. Especially if it's oozing green slime now! :eek: :eek: :eek: Looks like everyone had a wild party here last night and that no one's TOO hungover. Mario looks so cute with the tablecloth wrapped around him like a shawl! Shhhh....don't want everyone waking up yet! :D :D :D

lbaker
06-10-2004, 07:47 AM
shhhhh, that's one thing that's good about being on the East coast Queen.. we get to show up early and giggle at the "leftovers" hahahaha. BUT, we're the ones that usually have to clean up the detritus :rolleyes: Now that it really is Thursday I'm going to fix those ribs I've been marinating (once these lag-abouts wake up ;) ). I like saurkraut with my ribs but I'm weird that way. Perhaps some coleslaw would be more acceptable to most. Heck, let's make both. CORN BREAD! Yum. Coffee's on.. where is the Bailey's? Kahlua?

slick
06-10-2004, 09:11 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!

OOOps, sorry, didn't know David was still sleeping. Gosh, he sure went to town last night; that knee must really be bothering him. Jan, don't worry about the finger, it's feeling better this morning; I'm just sorry it's my index finger instead of the middle one :D :D

Laurie: Let me whip up a batch of my home-made Baileys. It will only take a minute. That reminds me, should I bring some to the BBQ next month?

Hi Willie **waves**

Gee something smells really good in here.....ribs??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Mmmm....home made Baileys, Kahlua and coffee, count me in!

And cornbread, saurkraut and BBQ ribs?! Ye doggy! I'm skipping breakfast and saving myself for lunch!

Slick, glad to hear the finger's feeling better.

David, here's two aspirin for your headache.

Corinna and Willie, tell them to elope then you don't have to deal with all these wedding plans.

I'm not much of a coffee, drinker, so please, a little heavy on the Baileys and Kahlua? :D

catland
06-10-2004, 10:19 AM
oh David - looks like you could use the old hair of the dog - no offense to the dog.

Mario won all of the nickels out of the slot machine and now I don't have anymore. :( T&P - Bailey's? Don't mind if I do. I'm not so sure about the sauerkraut with the ribs - how about some corn-on-the-cob also?

Corinna
06-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey I tried to have mine elope but it didn't work. But its all down from here now. I just have to find a top to wear with my white gauze skirt. I'm going to go looking tomorrow (specail sale day at the Salvation army) maybe find something or fabric.
David didn't anyone warn you about the olives that Richard left here. (shakes head saddly)
Willie , I don't know what to say except maybe its better for them to take more time away from each other. How old is your daughter again?
Mario old buddy want some cherry cheese cake ,come help me be very bad for brakfast.

lbaker
06-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Corn on the cob! Great idea! Good thing we have two grills... 'cause we're gonna have pork ribs and beef ribs both (couldn't make up my mind). Cherry cheese cake makes a fine breakfast, especially with coffee & Bailey's :cool: That slot machine just might be the thing to keep Mario busy and out of trouble.. well, at least for a little while. Corn bread's almost ready and boy doesn't that smell good.

Corinna
06-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Corn bread who brought the chili. Nothing like homemade chili and corn bread.

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Gee guys, I'm starved but there's nothing but meat here! I'll have to buy some fresh salmon, or maybe some swordfish and veggies and make up some shish-ka-bobs! Now that sounds YUMMY! Over some cous-cous with seasonings...drools into keyboard.:rolleyes: I haven't had an Alabama Slammer in years and years and forget what's in them. Homemade Baileys & Kahlua sound good too!

gini
06-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Mario!! I need to talk to you right now! I had a bucket of nickles here to play the slot machine and they are gone. Do you know anything about that? No, don't twirl my hair and snuggle into my ear - it will get you nowhere!

What? What is this? A glass of Bailey's - for my coffee - oh alright Mario - but next time, leave my nickles alone!

Come on - let's have some ribs and corn Mario.

lbaker
06-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Or we could have some corn and rib Mario........ He does jingle when he walks now doesn't he :eek:

trayi52
06-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Good morning all!

Mario is having trouble with birds this morning, there is a swollow nest on our porch, and the male and female keep flying and swooping at him, it is so funny to watch him duck!

I just woke up, so I'll take some coffee.

Corinna, the way these two are doing, I think I'll pretend its a Halloween party and go as some really scary character!! Not have to worry about buy anything nice to wear. Hmmm, what could I go as? Any suggestions?;)

Debbie the way these two are getting along right now, I wish they would wait about 5 years! Lindsey stays so sad all the time, it just make me feel like giving Sam a good whack over the head!

Maybe you should put something in that coffee. LOL, kids, you worry more about them after they are grown than when they were little!! When they are little, they step on your toes, they are grown, they step on your heart! Boy is that true!

lbaker
06-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Amen to that Willie. Fresh hot coffee with an extra "kick" coming up. How about some fresh cornbread with butter, just out of the oven. You sound like you could use some comfort food this morning.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Corn bread who brought the chili. Nothing like homemade chili and corn bread. OOOOOO, that sounds great. One of my favorites! Could I get a big old cherry limeade to go with it?

Mario seems to love the new slot machine. It may be just what we need to keep him entertained!;) :D

trayi52
06-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Laurie, that sounds great! Comfort Food!!! Thanks!!:D

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Slick? How come I see three of everybody? My head is going THUMP THUMP THUMP!!! Maye I need some olives to clear my head. Oh my!! Who ate them all?!!

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Catland? A slot machine - ooooooo

I love that KA CHING sound..............when the money falls out.

But sometimes it just goes KA CHUNK........as it gobbles up and KEEPS the coins.

I love slot machines!

I go down stairs and put a dollar in the change machine...The sounds of Vegas without the 'investment'!
;)

Goodness, aren't we all chatty today!

I'm going to get MOFF her cherry limeade!
DONE!

Tray,
Cafe,
DONE!

Corrina,
Don't blink 30 days pass like nobody's business!

Slick,
I have a foam hand with the Lakers written on it,
you can use that until you heal!

LOL, I can see it now.

BC WOMAN ARRESTED TRYING TO SMUGGLE LIQUOR INTO STATES.:eek:

QSA,
Can I interest you with some Tabouli?

Mario just tossed the tools out of his belt and is using the nail bag to keep the nickels in......

Hey, we can use the nails for the ka-bobs!!

DONE?

T&P

Cafe and Bailey's!

DONE!

Laurie,
If you like kraut with your ribs what happens when you stand up?
:confused: :D

lbaker
06-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I get all messy??

KA-CHING

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Slick,
I have a foam hand with the Lakers written on it,
you can use that until you heal!

Oh sure, Richard, what a friend! Her finger is already throbbing from the first kitty bite, and now you want her to take the foam hand that a certain Edward type cat loves to attack? :eek: :eek: Slick, I'd turn this offer down if I was you.....;) :D

Boy was that kraut and ribs yummy, I'm stuffed! Now for a real drink, enough of that wimpy flavored coffee stuff. I'll take another one of those Swamp Thingys - I really like those! My Mom and Aunt are coming to visit this weekend, maybe I can drag them back to that same restaraunt....hmmm...now that's a fantastic idea! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Just heard one of my all time favorite singers, Ray Charles has died. I loved his version of What a Wonderful World.

Here's a toast to Ray:
Thank you for the music! The world is a lot less wonderful now you've left! Be at peace!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh no! I loved Ray Charles! :(

Here I came to the bar in a wonderful mood, ready to buy everybody drinks, and I hear this news. :( :(

If I could please have another Swamp Thing, I'll raise my glass to Ray. :(

trayi52
06-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh, how sad! Yes, please let's raise our glasses to Ray Charles, a really great singer!

I'll take a nice cold beer,and then we can drink to Ray.:(

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 03:40 PM
MOFF,

Could not have said it better myself!!

T&P,
One of the things that makes living in this day and age 'wonderful' is the fact that we will never really lose Ray...We just have put on a record and close our eyes.

Swamp thing for you, DONE!

Tray,
Beer for you!
Done!

Cheers.....

slick
06-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone - it's been a busy day here.

Richard, pass me over that foam finger.....I'd like to shove.....ooops **puts hand over mouth**

Hi Debbie, Hi MOFF.

May I please have a double BM? Thanks.

David.....you ate up all the olives last night. Need some more drugs????:D :D Sorry for laughing but I've been there, done that. Doesn't get any easier the older we get.

RIP Ray. You truly made this world a more beautiful place!

gini
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
I just came across a really good deal on a mattress - slightly used.

Do you think I should snag it and we could put it in the corner of the bar - for those olive eaters who need to spend the night?

Richard - A big swampy steaming drink PLEASE!

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 04:11 PM

Richard, pass me over that foam finger.....I'd like to shove.....ooops **puts hand over mouth**

Hi Debbie, Hi MOFF.

David.....you ate up all the olives last night. Need some more drugs????:D :D Sorry for laughing but I've been there, done that. Doesn't get any easier the older we get.

RIP Ray. You truly made this world a more beautiful place! I'll take some more if you have it. This way I'll see two of you instead of three! I'm awfully sorry to hear of the passing of Ray Charles. He was one of my favorite entertainers.

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 04:23 PM

Had my physical last year, thanks anyway!

Double BM-
DONE!

Gini-

Swamp thing-

DONE!

David,

No drugs and drinking......

:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2004, 04:34 PM
*HI, slick*
Gosh, Look at Mario! He has so many nickles in his tool belt, it sags. It also makes his diaper sag in the back. I haven't seen a view from behind like that since the last time a repair man was here! He's also walking bowlegged!:eek: :D

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Had my physical last year, thanks anyway!

Double BM-
DONE!

Gini-

Swamp thing-

DONE!

David,

No drugs and drinking......

:D Aw, shucks!! RICHARD, you tke the FUN out of it. geesh!

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by david p
Aw, shucks!! RICHARD, you tke the FUN out of it. geesh!

I forgot, they are 'cyber' drugs and drinks....
party on!

Corinna
06-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I just heard about Ray Charles too so sad I didn't realise he was 73 . Where does time go?
I know 30 days will go fast. Clarissa just doesn't know how fast.
Hey Richard did you get some thing in the mail yet?
Slick how is the finger today? Did you make sure the kitty had it's rabies shot?
I think I'll take an Ice tea to day please.

RICHARD
06-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I just heard about Ray Charles too so sad I didn't realise he was 73 . Where does time go?
I know 30 days will go fast. Clarissa just doesn't know how fast.
Hey Richard did you get some thing in the mail yet?
Slick how is the finger today? Did you make sure the kitty had it's rabies shot?
I think I'll take an Ice tea to day please.

Yes! I am going home to open it tonight....

Ice tea!

DONE!

catland
06-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Gini - you didn't by chance find that mattress in the L&F?

OMG David - STOP - those weren't olives, they were apricots:eek: :eek: :eek: someone left them too close to the BBQ.

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by catland
Gini - you didn't by chance find that mattress in the L&F?

OMG David - STOP - those weren't olives, they were apricots:eek: :eek: :eek: someone left them too close to the BBQ. OH OH!! I thought they tasted a mite funny.

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Oh, how sad! Yes, please let's raise our glasses to Ray Charles, a really great singer!

I'll take a nice cold beer,and then we can drink to Ray.:( Absolutely let's have a toast to Ray! We saw him some years back, and boy could he make the place come alive with his songs! Great musician who will be missed by many. :( And RICHARD the tabouli was delicious! But I'm still pining for some swordfish, or halibut with mushrooms, sugar snap peas, pearl onions, orange peppers (or red) all skewered and marinated for 24 hours and then grilled. Over cous-cous with lots of yummy seasonings mixed in....MMmmmmm! Beers good too..icey cold! PEWWWW!!!! The resident skumk is out early tonight and the house stinks! PEPPY-LA-PEWWWWW!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 07:53 PM
I just came across a really good deal on a mattress - slightly used.

Do you think I should snag it and we could put it in the corner of the bar - for those olive eaters who need to spend the night?

Richard - A big swampy steaming drink PLEASE! Gini, I'd be a bit leery myself about the DNA in that "slightly used" mattress...but drunks don't care right? ;) Many many moons ago my husband was found passed out in the coatroom at our former bar.:D In fact it was while we were shacking up and deciding if we were right for each other, or not. I'd say if it's been (yikes)26 years something's going right! Married for almost 15. :eek: GAWD I scared myself lol! Get me a beer and quick! :D :rolleyes: :p

Miss Meow
06-10-2004, 08:05 PM
My god, remind me never to come here late again - oh, the carnage! :D

davidpizzica
06-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Gini, were you thinking of the olive monster{me}when you got that matress?

gini
06-10-2004, 08:19 PM
I just hate to take the mattress out of our "cyber bar" and put it into real life............but it is in my "real life".

Some guys up the street decided to get rid of a mattress - so they put it on their parkway. Then they put it in the street and people started running over it.

So with the help of a friend, we put it back on their parkway. That night the mattress made its way clear up at the other end of the block - in the middle of the street.

It got run over a bunch more times - and you should see it now!

However, somebody else knew "where it really lived" so it has been returned once again. We are all waiting to see where it ends up now.

It has taken on a life of its own.

Somebody FROM THIS BAR has suggested I should snag it in case I need it for my BBQ.

Of course, we have city pick-up for bulky items - but I was thinking about putting some cardboard around it and renting it out. (not at my BBQ:D )

All of this has made me very thirsty - could I have another Swamp Delight please?

DNA - Wow - I don't think I want to go there -

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 08:28 PM
It's alive! The Mattress is alive...beware the mattress..it's crawling around the streets!

gini
06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
THE MATTRESS
THE RETURN OF THE MATTRESS
THE MATTRESS ROLLS OVER
THE MATTRESS - THIS SIDE UP
THE MATTRESS - TELLS ALL
THE DEATH OF THE MATTRESS
THE MATTRESS IS HAUNTED
THE MATTRESS GOES TO HOLLYWOOD

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 08:45 PM
IT MUST BE THE D.N.A! Too frightening to think about! The Mattress that ate California! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

trayi52
06-10-2004, 08:52 PM
The Mattress does Hollywood!!!!

Give me a beer, before I get into trouble!

QueenScoopalot
06-10-2004, 08:58 PM
The Mattress does Hollywood!!!!

Give me a beer, before I get into trouble! Willie, here's a beer for you...MARIO!!!! Get AWAY from that thing...you don't know where it's been! Ick! David must be out cold...and clueless about all the crawly things he's nappin' on! GINI!!! I know we'll have a bon-fire!!! BURN IT! Who's got marshmallows? Mario....geesh..you could have saved one sweetie!:p ;) :D :eek: :confused: :cool: I NEED a beer too! Yes, yes Mario, a itsy bitsy 6 oz. one for you...your belly looks like it's going to pop from all those marshmallows. :eek:

slick
06-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh Please, please keep that mattress. I don't have a place to stay yet. Gini, as long as there are no stains on it, I'll rent it from you....:eek:

End of a long but good day. I'll take whatever is on tap. I think I'll sit down in this easy chair and soak my fingee. It's feeling better but it's still swollen so I need to squeeze the gunk out.....sorry, too much information again.:rolleyes:

So nice to enjoy some cyberspace with you all!:) :)

Corinna
06-10-2004, 10:19 PM
What is going on here this is a semi family bar! Get that thing out of here if you can't fall asleep on the comfy couches may be you need to go home. Kids geeesh you just can't figure !!(shaking head as slowly walks to behind the bar. ) I think I need a white wine.

Hey Richard does Eddie like his new toy? I thought you"d be the kind of guy who would enjoy the non-eadable things.:) :)

davidpizzica
06-11-2004, 01:26 AM
I've heard of living bras, but a LIVING MATRESS?!?! Tune in for the next exciting episode of GINI'S MATRESS!!!:confused: :confused:

davidpizzica
06-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Willie, here's a beer for you...MARIO!!!! Get AWAY from that thing...you don't know where it's been! Ick! David must be out cold...and clueless about all the crawly things he's nappin' on! GINI!!! I know we'll have a bon-fire!!! BURN IT! Who's got marshmallows? Mario....geesh..you could have saved one sweetie!:p ;) :D :eek: :confused: :cool: I NEED a beer too! Yes, yes Mario, a itsy bitsy 6 oz. one for you...your belly looks like it's going to pop from all those marshmallows. :eek: Wha. . . . (big yawn) WHOA!Does this matress have a HEARTBEAT?? It's alive! it's alive! IT'S ALIVE!!!:confused: :confused:

lbaker
06-11-2004, 04:40 AM
Sorry Slick, I have dibbies on THE MATTRESS. Now I just need Gini to pick up an old packing blanket from some street person and I'll be REAL comfy in the backyard at the BBQ :rolleyes:
Didn't cry for Reagan but did for Ray.. A swamp thing may be the ticket right now (even if it IS 5:46am). *musthavecoffeemusthavecoffee*

QueenScoopalot
06-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Sorry Slick, I have dibbies on THE MATTRESS. Now I just need Gini to pick up an old packing blanket from some street person and I'll be REAL comfy in the backyard at the BBQ :rolleyes:
Didn't cry for Reagan but did for Ray.. A swamp thing may be the ticket right now (even if it IS 5:46am). *musthavecoffeemusthavecoffee* Coffees hot and freshly brewed. :D Mix some chocolate syrup in for a different twist. Pour over ice so you get the caffeine into the system faster and enjoy! Newspapers work in pinch...we'll at least let the winos have their blankets....I think that one smells like pee anyway!:rolleyes:

lbaker
06-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Mocha coffee.. mmmm GOOD. Throw in some Kahlua or Baileys. Pee. BAD. ewwwww ;)

slick
06-11-2004, 09:24 AM
What is going on here this is a semi family bar! Get that thing out of here if you can't fall asleep on the comfy couches may be you need to go home. Kids geeesh you just can't figure

OK, guess I'm outta here. It's been a slice.

DJFyrewolf36
06-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Im a day late!!! Any beers left, my job is BORRRRRIIINNG!!

Whats on the TV?

trayi52
06-11-2004, 12:25 PM
DJ, about the only thing on tv right now is the funeral of Ronal Reagan. Funny, I have always been a news freak though. I guess that make me boring!!

I need coffee, I haven't been up that long, I was up until about 3 this morning stuck under the bathroom sink, taking the trap off and trying to figure out where it is stopped up. Its not in the trap, so where the heck is it? Dern!

So give me coffee, and lots of it, and put a nice kick to it!

Corinna
06-11-2004, 01:12 PM
I said a semi family bar don't go .
Willie I'm a news freck too no wonder we spent so long on line the other morning..Check just beyond the trap (dads a plumber) it sometimes packs up there. (who knows what Mario put there;) )

trayi52
06-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks Corinna, I'll go back and try that! Have to keep Mario out of the bathroom, huh? Yeap, Mario, stay out of the bathroom from now on!

Willie:D

DJFyrewolf36
06-11-2004, 03:30 PM
I think I'll go watch Stargate on the DVR, or perhaps play a bit of nintendo *looks* hrm Megaman sounds exiting *grabs another beer*

trayi52
06-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Corinna, I went back and rechecked what you told me to. It worked!! It is running out the way its supposed to!!

I need a nice cold beer!

davidpizzica
06-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks Corinna, I'll go back and try that! Have to keep Mario out of the bathroom, huh? Yeap, Mario, stay out of the bathroom from now on!

Willie:D But Willie, where is he going to go? he'll wet himself!! lol lol

trayi52
06-11-2004, 05:03 PM
I guess, well I'll have to make him get him some leaves and take to the woods!!;)

:D :D

catland
06-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I think I'll go watch Stargate on the DVR,

oh-oh - another sci-fi fan here at Thursdays? (we have the first six seasons at home)

Speaking of which, I have these five clocks on a wall in my office with times from around the world - like a funky news room. Anyway, I put in really cheap clocks and their ticking sound finally got to me today so I removed all the batteries. Now when someone asks why the clocks aren't working, I tell them they ARE working, they are just merely on the event horizon of a black hole.

:p

Tray - I'll join you with that beer. I can't afford anything more ever since Mario walked away with all my nickels.

trayi52
06-11-2004, 05:34 PM
I was just wondering, is Mario keeping the nickels, or has he been playing the slot machine. And if he is playing the slot machine, is he winning??;)

If he is winning maybe he will share his gain with you, catland! Then we can drink something more expensive!!! :D

gini
06-11-2004, 05:50 PM
No Willie, that little guy is walking around jingling all of those nickles like a silly boy.

I don't think he is putting anything back into the slot machine.

Hey, and where did Slick go? Did she take the mattress with her or what?

To drink? Mmmmm, nothing quite yet - a very sobering day.

Corinna
06-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Willie glad to be of help. I hope i didn't upset Slick,just trying to get in to the swing of things .If I did I'm sorry .
I spent the morning watching the goings on for President Reagan.

trayi52
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I have been watching it all day too, and then Lindsey comes in and changes my channel, while I was under the house!! Dern there was a lot of spider webs under there!! My husband finally woke up and came and watched!! Men!

davidpizzica
06-11-2004, 06:14 PM
I have been watching it all day too, and then Lindsey comes in and changes my channel, while I was under the house!! Dern there was a lot of spider webs under there!! My husband finally woke up and came and watched!! Men!

Willie:D What's wrong with being a "man"?

gini
06-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by david p
What's wrong with being a "man"?

Once again I find myself saying "leave it alone, Gini, just leave it alone:D :D :D

Corinna
06-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Gini Me too :D

trayi52
06-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Okay picture this, here I am crawling around under the house, try to fix the stopped up drain. There is thousands of spiderwebs under there!! And I have a vague suspicion somebody has burried a cow under here with me, because I know I see a cow skull over there in the corner. I just know it is some huge animal skull!!

So here I am taking the pipes apart, trying to find out where the heck its stoped up. My husband suddenly wakes up, and come to the little door, and says " hey whats you doing under there?", Uh, duh, looking for skulls? Nope, trying to fix something here. Hey you got a saw?!!

Okay, enough said!! I and me alone fixed it!!! I am now a good dependable, horrible plumber! But, what the heck, I fixed it!!:D

leslie flenner
06-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Well my goodness! Isn't it a great feeling to do something that you didn't know you could do? When I caught an injured seagull the first time (last week), I felt proud of my courage and success! You better get back under that and do some final rites on the skull so it doesn't haunt you and your home! Give the poor monster, creature, figment of your imagination or whatever it is, some closure so it can pass on to "the other side" with everlasting peace. By the way, that was nice of you to put out napkins for Grover, you should buy them by the caseload at Cosco's to save money as she is a fast consumer!

trayi52
06-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Could it be the skull making my sink stop up?? :eek:

leslie flenner
06-11-2004, 08:36 PM
OF COURSE!! YOU MUST GET UNDER THERE WITH A FLASHLIGHT ASAP AND DO LAST RITES! BRING CANDLES AND HOLY WATER AND SEND IT TO THE OTHER SIDE BEFORE YOUR TOILET (OR WHATEVER) DESTROYS YOUR FAMILY AND HOME AS YOU KNOW IT TODAY! THIS COULD BE DETRIMENTAL! FIRST A CLOG, THEN A FLOOD, THEN COMPLETE DISASTER FOR THOSE YOU CARE FOR. AND YOU WILL BE THE LAST VICTIM AS YOU WILL HAVE TO WITNESS ALL OF YOUR LOVED ONES FALL VICTIM TO THE CURSE OF THE UNRECOGNIZED, UNCARED FOR SKULL OF "SOMETHING NO ONE KNOWS WHAT".

trayi52
06-11-2004, 08:50 PM
ROFLMAO!! OMG, Leslie, you just crack me up!! Me, under there with these giant spiders, giving last rites to a head!!!

I think we need to get us something to drink, don't you? You wanna beer? I think a nice cold one would be really good right now.

leslie flenner
06-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I think you should go under the house with candles, holy water, and a 6-pack and discuss the situation with "skull of no one knows what it is". Mario would probably freak if you asked him to accompany you, right? But if he could put on a grass skirt and maybe do a dance while you did rites, "Oh Great Skull that clogs pipes, I command you to acknowledge that you are no longer a part of earthly life and must cross over to the pasture that awaits you.." then just yell "BE GONE!" Maybe tap its head a couple times (oh, that was a redundant thing there-"tap its head", its a skull (head) already!) I crack myself up!
You might also try to command it to stop with the spiders under the house already- "Like, NOT SCARY Mr. Scull! Clogs, scary. Spiders- awww, you can do better than that! Like talk or shake the house or something!"
Already 2 rolling rocks to the wind and building up courage to drive over and do the rites myself before something awful happens! How long is the drive from Ipswich, MA? I need a map quest here.

trayi52
06-11-2004, 09:05 PM
My husband would wake up and say what those two crazy women doing out there?

You are too funny, Could I just go over to the little door, and yell out be gone whatever kind of spirit you are!!??

leslie flenner
06-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Just bend over to the little door! I forgot about that! Just yell "Be GONE" under the house and it's pretty much the same thing as a ritual to pass the poor thing over. Maybe you should wave your arms and hope for a clap of thunder after you yell it. But seriously, don't you kinda wanna remove it? Or would that be bad, bad, luck?
Once, when jan and I were looking for a reported kitten in an industrial park years ago, she, out there on her own one day, found a "bottle graveyard". It was literally about half an acre in the woods of old broken bottles. She, of course got all the neat ones! When she took me there a few days later, I found an intact cow or small horse skeleton in the woods. I took some bones cuz I thought they were "cool". A few weeks later, I noticed I'd been having a lot of plain ole' bad luck so it was suggested to me by someone to return the bones. this friend accompanied me out there and said some religious thing as I put them back and we hoped the gods would be glad and leave me alone! Well, we all have bouts of bad luck sometimes so I dunno if it was the bones or not but I felt much better returning them to whence they came!

Corinna
06-11-2004, 10:09 PM
You now know why I don't go to the basement......err the shop Taxidermy shop. I never know what is cooking on that stove .
About the plumbing being a plumbers daughter I had to get good as the adge holds true. The cobblers children have no shoes, we I now build things being married to a carpenter.
How about a diet lime and toast to woman!!!

leslie flenner
06-11-2004, 10:16 PM
If this is true, let me know- I have a bit of a problem in my freezer! (No, NOT a pet!). If you are joking, let me know! If you can build something I can live in for free- the carpenter that you are or could be... let me know!

trayi52
06-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Sounds good, Corinna. I think we women can do anything. I have had to take up a lot of the chores around the house that my husband would normally do, but he is sick, so it does fall to me. Hey, I have even plumbes toliets!

To women, everywhere!

davidpizzica
06-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Sounds good, Corinna. I think we women can do anything. I have had to take up a lot of the chores around the house that my husband would normally do, but he is sick, so it does fall to me. Hey, I have even plumbes toliets!

To women, everywhere!

Willie:D Gee, Willie! I'm glad sirrahned joined! I don't feel so alone in this women's world!

trayi52
06-11-2004, 11:48 PM
We like having a man around, really we do, David. I'm glad Debbies husband joined too. Whew, it would be a freaking miracle if my hubby joined!! I mean he is not an animal lover. He only loves Charlie, but not my cats or my dogs!

First word out of his mouth and all the women on here would have to kill him!;) LOL, he just never grew up with pets. Funny when we got married, his family had a cat that stayed outside. Her name was pus, I took one look at that cat, and told them "you better change HIS name to Tom, because this is a boy!! They just couldn't believe it, so I had to show them where they went wrong. Funnnnnny!!! LMAO!!

Willie

gini
06-12-2004, 01:14 AM
Willie, you are welcome to borrow the mattress to take under the house when you do the last rites - if you wish.

Might make it easier on your knees.

mahayana
06-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Hello, people. Let me tell you some toilet repair stories. I used to be the maintenance man at a health spa with 54 units...

Can I put some Ray Charles music on the jukebox? I still have the first 45 I bought.

"Unchain my heart...Honey, let me go...unchain my heart...you don't love me no mo..."

Guess there will be some reissue CDs out soon.

Another favorite:

"You don't know the one...who dreams of you at night...who longs to kiss your lips...who longs to hold you tight...to you, I'm just a friend...that's all I've ever been...You don't know me."

When I was a freshman in college, the frat house next door was playing "Busted" over and over on an outdoor PA. They had constructed a giant brassiere on their front lawn.

"Got a big stack a bills that gets bigger each day...the landlord just hauled my belongings away...Things could get worse, but just how I can't say...cause I'm busted (do, do...do, do...do, doo-doo-dooooo."

A toast to mortality! One could do worse than to inspire millions of people, make the world a better place, be praised when you go. Best wishes and regards to Ronnie and Ray!

davidpizzica
06-12-2004, 08:21 AM
We like having a man around, really we do, David. I'm glad Debbies husband joined too. Whew, it would be a freaking miracle if my hubby joined!! I mean he is not an animal lover. He only loves Charlie, but not my cats or my dogs!

First word out of his mouth and all the women on here would have to kill him!;) LOL, he just never grew up with pets. Funny when we got married, his family had a cat that stayed outside. Her name was pus, I took one look at that cat, and told them "you better change HIS name to Tom, because this is a boy!! They just couldn't believe it, so I had to show them where they went wrong. Funnnnnny!!! LMAO!!

Willie Willie, no killing here, I'd welome him with open arms! another man on PT! Glorious!

mahayana
06-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Honestly, the first time I met Willie's husband, he had a whole zoo. Not sure he thought of them as pets, but if sis would list the kinds of animals he has owned, youall would be amazed!

lbaker
06-12-2004, 06:06 PM
* man, and people think I'M weird * ;)

trayi52
06-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, he has owned a lot of different animals, for sure! Buffalo, deer, raccoons, some sort of fox that turned white in the winter, lynx, Mario of course, a reeces monkey, that liked to do weird things to himself when there was women around, kind of embarressing to be around Clyde! I can't remembe all the others he has had. Oh we use to have a skunk too, quail, peacocks, peasants of all different kinds. There are probably more. I just don't remember them all.

Oh, he used to own three beagle hounds, their names were dog, dog and dog! Oh yes, he owned some rabbits and ducks too.

LOL, as you can see, he really knows how to name dogs!

QueenScoopalot
06-12-2004, 08:09 PM
If I'm wrong...please give me ample punishment! YOUR HUSBAND had buffalo, deer, arctic fox, lynx, MARIO, raccoons etc.etc.etc....and doesn't care for animals? Hmmm! Where on earth did he grow up, cuz I'd sure like to be there now! That sounds to me like HEAVEN and then some! I love nature...(can ya'll tell)? *GRIN.... BIG GRIN*

leslie flenner
06-12-2004, 09:40 PM
what the heck!? He must love animals! or did he own to sell?
sell that skull by the way...transfer bad luck and make a buck!

trayi52
06-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Nah, he didn't own to sell, he truly enjoyed them. He just couldn't take care of them after he lost his health, so he did eventually have to let them go. They all went to good homes, but his beagle hounds all died of old age, dog, dog and dog are all at the bridge running. Jimmy was really good with names.;)

Funny when I would take them to the vet, they would ask what the dogs name was, and I would say Dog, go back with another one, what is his name, Dog. Yeap, he was a real guru when it come to names.

Corinna
06-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Yes we had a taxidermy shop. It now is being converted to a wood shop ,but we still do things for freinds. He does hard wood flooring again (he did the taxidermy during cancer treatment and recovery) Too many here to make a decent living . So he found ways to do the flooring with out the use of his left arm.
I too have had to learn how to do things I never thought I would have to.
I guess it was good cuz the daughter learned to repair her house before Roger appered she still shows him how to repair stuff. She asks for tools for gifts. It is amazing how somany single women take care of them selves where men feel the need to have some one care for them. More desperate men than women. Sorry guys but the stats prove it out.

mahayana
06-13-2004, 05:46 AM
"It is amazing how so many single women take care of themselves where men feel the need to have someone care for them. More desperate men than women. Sorry guys but the stats prove it out."

Hmmmm...you may have found a good Doghouse topic. Now, in my beehives, all of the work is done by females. They gather and guard, raise the young, etc while the males hang around and eat, make messes they don't clean up. A few of the males have sex (which kills them), then when the weather turns cold, most of the rest are pushed outside to die.

No wonder men are desperate, considering natural female superiority!

davidpizzica
06-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by mahayana
"It is amazing how so many single women take care of themselves where men feel the need to have someone care for them. More desperate men than women. Sorry guys but the stats prove it out."

Hmmmm...you may have found a good Doghouse topic. Now, in my beehives, all of the work is done by females. They gather and guard, raise the young, etc while the males hang around and eat, make messes they don't clean up. A few of the males have sex (which kills them), then when the weather turns cold, most of the rest are pushed outside to die.

No wonder men are desperate, considering natural female superiority! As a man, Thanks a lot, not ALL of us are sloppy!!

gini
06-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Gosh girls, we don't have very many men on the board - maybe we should be a bit gentle with them.

Come on guys, sit down, keep us company while Willie fixes the plumbing:D :D

mahayana
06-13-2004, 11:31 AM
What, the battle-of-the-sexes is over already? Shall we drink to the eventual triumph of feminism?

Wonder if anyone's thought of putting pheromes or testosterone/estrogen in drinks? Always challenging, to consider how the other half experiences life.

Sorry to implicitly impeach your tidiness, David. Remember, we are men, not arthropods!

QueenScoopalot
06-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Corinna ..Yes we had a taxidermy shop. It now is being converted to a wood shop ,but we still do things for freinds. Uh Oh...I know what Leslie's next question will be! :rolleyes: Will someone tan the roadkill in her freezer? Yes....roadkill in the freezer. We found what appears to be a mink dead next to the road a few months ago, and Leslie has been looking for someone to tan the hide. Ughhh...but it is a lovely pelt.

davidpizzica
06-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Gosh girls, we don't have very many men on the board - maybe we should be a bit gentle with them.

Come on guys, sit down, keep us company while Willie fixes the plumbing:D :D Yeah, Gini, be gentle with me!!

trayi52
06-13-2004, 03:14 PM
You mean I gotta go back and fix more plumbing!!:(

Can I at least have a beer?

I think we are going to have a storm here, my computer keeps dropping his internet connection, and it is thundering and looking a little on the dark side here.

Willie

gini
06-13-2004, 04:17 PM
You know, for a Sunday, this has been a very interesting Thursday!

David, way back when?? I was born in Ohio - you just gotta treat the Ohio boys right!:D :D

Aw, Willie, you did a great job on the plumbing (the real and the cyber plumbing). Sit down, have a cold one with me and we will watch the storm pass through.

mahayana
06-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Wille, not to be critical, but did the Men's room really need a bidet? Sure you really need more beer right now?:confused:

trayi52
06-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Sorry, Andy, I just lost my head, I thought everybody could use a bidet!!:confused: Even the guys!:D

davidpizzica
06-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Sorry, Andy, I just lost my head, I thought everybody could use a bidet!!:confused: Even the guys!:D Willie, I guess once you star with the plumbing, there's no stopping you!!

trayi52
06-13-2004, 05:44 PM
:D :D

davidpizzica
06-13-2004, 05:49 PM
:D :D Willie, Are you the next Josephine the plumber??

mahayana
06-13-2004, 06:06 PM
When I was in college, they had made one of the men's dorms into a women's dorm, it was rumored that the urinals were being used for cut flowers. We'll think of something to do with our new fixture!

Corinna
06-13-2004, 08:02 PM
It would make a great candle holder! Leslie I'll talk to hubby . I have a nice beaver that was rugged on the back of my rocking chair.