PDA

View Full Version : Longest day EVER *rant*

Sirrahsim
06-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I have had the longest work day imaginable. It only lasted for 6.5 hours, but it felt like it lasted a week. I was busy and basically on my feet from the moment I stepped into the club till the moment that I stepped out (half an hour late). It just started bad. When the first patron of the day is an irritable woman with a big mouth, it kind of ruins the mood for the rest of the day. But when it's *2* irate women with big mouths, you should just pack up and go home, because the day is doomed. I had 2 of those today. These women wanted me to perform magic or something and pull a new credit card out of thin air. They wanted to close their accounts, but keep the credit cards. I told them that we could not do that, that we have to take the card, slice it up, and keep it as proof of cancelation. They got ticked off about that, so I showed them the official documents that spelled out that I could not let them keep the cards. This ticked them off even more so I went and got the accountant who told them exactly the same thing. These two women started talking loudly about how rude *we* were and how we weren't helping them. I'd like to add in here that our accountant doesn't have a rude bone in her body. I don't think she's capable of being rude. Sooooo they demand to see the general manager. I went and got her and it turns out that they were good friends (the ladies and our GM). So we explained the problem and our gm said that that was ridiculous, of course they can keep their cards. So I said, "excuse me ma'am" and showed her the official document that stated that they could not keep the cards. Soooo our gm rolled her eyes, looked at the two ladies and said "Don't mind her, she's brand new" (talking about me). Then she turned towards our accountant and me and explained to us blah blah blah blah this is how it works because i said so blah blah blah. So yeah, I had no choice but to take the forms and promise to process them... (I found out that it was impossible to do what our gm told us to because the computer won't let us, but that's her problem now...) THEN the ladies took like two steps away from our window and started talking about how the help at the club don't know their stuff, and how they have neevr met such rude employees, and how we were so adamant that we had to take thier cards. blah blah blah.... THEN they realized that they were doing their outprocessing and they needed another signature. The signature needed to be from the billing office to verify that they didn't have any outstanding bills from the club. We can't access that information at our club. So we told the women that they would have to go over to the office building and get them to sign it. They were unhappy with this so they called our GM again. and again our GM decided to change the rules and she just slapped her signature on that form... *GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR* and that was just in the first 30 minutes of my day. I'll stop there:mad: :mad: :mad:

*deep cleansing breaths*

dukedogsmom
06-09-2004, 09:14 AM
I would have been fuming! Is there any way you can let the higher ups know of what happened? I don't understand why they would want to keep the cards anyway if the account is closed.

DJFyrewolf36
06-09-2004, 09:37 AM
I hate when the boss bends the rules for friends but if YOU do it, you'll get fired. :mad: That happpened at PetSmart all the time. The managers would ring up thier own discounts and discounts on friends. To get our employee discounts we had to have a different cashier ring us up and we weren't allowed to use it except if we were buying stuff for our parents or something. NO FRIENDS said the rules...:rolleyes: and it was limited to cirtian items *of course management applied the discount to EVERYTHING* grrr I know how you feel!

CatMama78
06-09-2004, 09:47 AM
I would have been furious too. Is there a way you can go above the GM's head to discuss what happened with her boss? not only did she undermine and disrespect you, she clearly violated company policy. Rules are there for a reason, usually.

moosmom
06-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Sirrahsim,

That sucks!!! I would've gone over the gm's head and had somone else deal with it. It was obvious that she was showing favoritism to these two women by not following the rules.

I understand how that can make for a long day!! Hang in there!

Sirrahsim
06-09-2004, 07:59 PM
thanks for putting up with my ranting... i worked on some biology last night and that calmed me down quite a bit (I'm a nerd...) There isn't really a higher up that I can go to. The way the club works makes it so that the person that is technically over her is really over a different part of Services, so he doesn't know the policies at all. I figure I will let this one blow over. However, if it happens again I will have to have a little chat with my direct supervisor (who is gone all month). I know that he would have gotten super ticked off if he had been there last night.

*sigh* it was just one day, right? Hopefully I won't be put into that position again.:)

catnapper
06-10-2004, 08:28 AM
I'd be ticked off too! My ex-boss (thankfully!) used ot do stuff like that all the time! We used to sell stuff to the government and there are strict guidelines as to how to fill out the paperwork, what info goes where, and who to send the paperwork. He was always sending it to the wrong place because HE thought it was "just ridiculous" that we needed to send it to the proper place. Then the orders would be delayed because he sent it to the wrong location. Then they'd be further delayed because he didn't fill in the correct dollar amount or the correct ship to address, etc. All the while we in the office were saying "you can't do it this way!" and he was saying, "Yes I can. I do it all the time." Before you know it, the order is nearly a month behind production and he's screaming at US for a reason why we didn't notice the tracking info earlier! :rolleyes:

{{{HUGS}}} tomorrow should be better.

I can;t wait for the poo-poo to hit the fan when these ladies get a letter in the mail to send in their credit cards! :D