PDA

View Full Version : Adopt Your Own Cyber Cat!

AvaJoy
07-18-2001, 09:29 PM
This is a fun interactive cyber cat mascot for your computer! You can choose its name and pick a color, brush, play, feed and simply enjoy its antics while you are surfing! Just go to www.meowmix.com (http://www.meowmix.com) to quickly download and personalize your kitty. You can even tell it when to take a time out and sleep!

If you have a cat that is interested in your computer, this little playful cat just might totally mesmerize your real-live feline! I have one on my home computer and another one on my computer at work. They do things on their own out of the blue, such as using the litter box (so funny!) and playing with different toys, but if you aren't paying attention you may miss some of the more unusual behaviors. The more you interact, the more they show off. They even meow realistically, but if it gets to be too annoying you can turn off the meow.

Just wanted to share this with everyone as it is entertaining, both for humans and cats. :)

4 feline house
07-18-2001, 09:53 PM
I just have one question - does the downloaded cat look like the gray striped one on their website, or does it look more like a real cat (or at least a cuter cartoon cat)?

karlicat
07-19-2001, 12:27 PM
How KYOOT!
When Poco heard it meowing she started racing around, checking in all the corners and barking her head off, and I showed her and she kept staring at it, and when it meowed she tilted her head and then looked at me like was saying, Another one?!

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: karlicat ]

wolflady
07-19-2001, 12:52 PM
That is cute! I have one similar called Felix which looks just like my scooter! Wonder if the two will interact with each other?? ha ha ha
So, what did you name yours and what fur pattern did you all choose? :D

AmberLee
07-19-2001, 10:19 PM
I have a gray tabby and called it Sylvester, but now that I see it, it sure looks like a girl cat to me. :D

Thanks, Avajoy, it's very cute!

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

AvaJoy
07-20-2001, 02:13 PM
4 Feline ~

The downloaded cat looks realistic and makes cute facial expressions! Don't worry; it is not at ALL like the goofy one on their website. I was concerned about that, too.

wolflady
07-20-2001, 06:24 PM
It is cute :) I chose a siamese pattern and of course had to call her Yum Yum!!! :D I agree, Amber...they most definitely look female! :)

DogFan77
07-20-2001, 10:20 PM
I got a cutie kitty!

4 feline house
07-20-2001, 10:35 PM
Avajoy-

I downloaded it, then my son had to see if it would run at the same time Felix does. So now I have two kitties on my desktop!

AvaJoy
07-22-2001, 07:46 PM
Oh ~ please tell me more about how to put Felix on my desktop. The more, the merrier!

Once I mistakenly must have double clicked (or something) on my cat at work, and suddenly there were twins frolicking around together . . . wish I knew what I did so I can repeat the performance!

At the office, I set up my kitty to come on automatically when I start up my computer. It will also serve as a screen saver if you activate the kitty before leaving your computer.

Has anyone seen their cat play with cymbals yet?? It is one of the rarer activities, along with using the litter pan and others, but I won't spoil the surprises. :)

Cougie Wechsler
07-22-2001, 10:17 PM
I change my cat's fur pattern daily. I named my Bonds after Barry (we are big time San Francisco Giant Fans!!!)

4 feline house
07-23-2001, 11:39 AM
avajoy, I will email you Felix, -there are two, I will send you both. The first one will peak out at you from the edge of your screen, which I think is the cutest thing he does. But the second one has toys, and you can pet him and he makes biscuits, and you can add a little kitten. But, alas, he doesn't peak out at you! We got him becuase he looks just like our tux, Big Mac.

AvaJoy
07-25-2001, 09:45 PM
Thank you, 4 Feline! I hadn't turned on my computer in a couple of days, so in haste I deleted those 2 emails because I had brain-fade and assumed they were spams, but will go back and retrieve them now that I realize they are from you ~ I'm sure they will be adorable companions!! :)

NoahsMommy
08-19-2001, 11:18 PM
So cute!!!

sailorsaturn
08-31-2001, 10:18 AM
I made 2 cats and thay are cute! (no no not as cute as you mystery) she gets jeles.