PDA

View Full Version : Soaps

CatMama78
06-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Does anyone here watch them, and if so which ones?

I watch Young and the Restless and General Hospital. I'm hooked even though I hate most of the characters, lol. I do work so I've invested in a digital recorder.

slick
06-08-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm a Y & R fan as well but don't watch very often because I work full time. I'm not addicted enough to it to tape it.

However, I am addicted to Coronation Street. If the phone rings on Sunday morning, I don't answer.:D :D :rolleyes:

The Cat Factory
06-08-2004, 09:09 PM
I watch Days Of Our Lives and GH...I haven't been watching GH lately though but I'll probably tune in for Lila's funeral...

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I used to watch Y&R all the time. I still do if I happent o be off on a weekend day, and usually can catch up quickly.

dukedogsmom
06-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Y&R and Days of Our Lives. Days has gotten super stupid lately so I've quit taping it and just watch it about once a week to get caught up on the stupidity. Their writers have sucked for a while now.

aly
06-08-2004, 10:27 PM
I have Soap Net so I have the option of watching my soaps morning, evening, or late at night! I watch All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital. Been watching all 3 since 4th grade. LOVE EM!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I watch Passions in the summer... if you count that as a soap... it's quite an odd show... ? :)

trayi52
06-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Back years ago, I used to watch soaps a lot. I quit watching any of them, when they took Luke and Laura off General Hospital.

I was at the doctors office the other day, and I think it was the days of our lives that was on, and I was shocked to see that show had gone supernatural! That really freaked me out. I thought, this is a soap opera!!!

Willie:)

Crikit
06-08-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm never home during the day so I don't watch the soaps...at least not American ones. Recently I've become addicted to Asian tv dramas. Not as long as the American ones but they sure do hold my interest.

Pam
06-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Years ago I watched All My Children on a regular basis. Before VCRs I actually caught myself racing home to see it if I was out shopping. I sort of lost interest after some of my favorites left ~ Natalie/Janet (from another planet), Trevor, Jeremy. I've tried to get back into it since then but just can't.

Rio and Me
06-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Wow you have Coronation street, where you at?
I like Eastenders and Emerdale (have those????)
Ky

DJFyrewolf36
06-09-2004, 10:13 AM
My favorites:

As the Stomach Turns *the general yazz I hear about on a daily basis* This weeks episode includes: The police blocking off my street to arrest some guy walking down the road (6 cop cars!) and some people fighting at the laundromat across the street.

As the Idiots Babble *People at work ;)* Highlights : The boss is an idget and heres why (blah blah blah), my life sucks because...*Fill in the blank*

LOL my life is far more interesting than what they can come up with on TV. Im going to write it down and make a show about it!

slick
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Rio and Me
Wow you have Coronation street, where you at?
I like Eastenders and Emerdale (have those????)
Ky Yup, but we are about 3 months behind you. You guys saw the demise of Richard way before we did.

C Street airs from Mon-Thurs from 3-3:30pm. The whole two hours airs again on Sunday morning 8-10am. I think Emmerdale airs right after C Street during the week. I've never watched it though.

Tina
06-09-2004, 10:48 AM
I watch Days Of Our Lives and Passions. I don't watch them everday usually I forget to turn them on. Oh,well it is not like I'm missing anything.:rolleyes:

moosmom
06-09-2004, 11:02 AM
I've been watching Soap Net lately. I love watching re-runs of Dallas and Dynasty. I also watch All My Kids, Guiding Light and One Life to Live every once in a while. I usually watch them on Mondays and Fridays, cuz that's when the most stuff hapens.

bluekat
06-09-2004, 04:14 PM
I watch Passions in the summer too:p But I really have NO IDEA why I do...since I hate the show and I think its really really cheesy LOL. Alot of my friends also watch it and they hate it too. But even though I hate it, I guess I also like it in a way...if that makes sense:p;)