PDA

View Full Version : Declawing horror story

Grace
06-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Wish you could see the pictures from TV - this kitten is orange and white, and absolutely adorable.

Abused Kitten Has Rescuers Searching For Culprit

Surgeons To Determine Whether Paws Can Be Saved

UPDATED: 2:20 pm EDT June 8, 2004

An abused kitten found in Pontiac has animal welfare workers searching for the person responsible.

Saint, an eight-week old kitten, will have surgery Tuesday after someone tried to declaw it, damaging its paws, according to a report in The Oakland Press. Surgeons will reportedly determine whether the kitten's paws can be saved, or if its paws or knuckles will be amputated.

An anonymous person called the Michigan Animal Rescue League in Pontiac about the kitten on June 5, according to the report. It was reportedly found crying in a field near Sarasota Street.

Rescuers believe someone tried to cut off Saint's claws with a sharp object.

"When we first saw this, we thought he'd been hit by a lawn mower," Kayla Allen, the manager of the animal rescue league, told the paper.

The rescue workers said the public has responded with offers of adoption after hearing about the kitten. The shelter is currently seeking donations to pay for the kitten's care.

The kitten's current caregiver at the shelter, Carmel Herpel, said they see animal abuse cases all the time, but this one is different.

"It is just so brutal," Herpel said.

Anyone with information on the abuse or who would like to make a donation should contact the shelter at (248) 335-9290.
Personally, I feel the punishment should fit the crime. and I'd like to have the first wack!

QueenScoopalot
06-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Wish you could see the pictures from TV - this kitten is orange and white, and absolutely adorable.

Personally, I feel the punishment should fit the crime. and I'd like to have the first wack! I'm in line for the second and third whack! :mad: :mad: :mad: I'll bring some plyers too...declaw the piece of excrement responsible for multilating the poor baby. :mad:

trayi52
06-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Ditto!!

Grace
06-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh goody - we can have a plyer-party!!

On the 6 PM news, they said there is gangrene present in one paw. Both front paws are heavily wrapped, but he is bopping around. Amputation was mentioned.

The wife of the Vet has already put first dibs on him, if he makes it through this.

QueenScoopalot
06-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Please keep us posted on the baby. :( Hope the little guy makes it through this.

NKBurlington
06-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Assholes!!

You're right. The punishment should fit the crime. Cut the buggers hands off.

Poor baby kitty!!!

heinz57_79
06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I have garden shears... can I get the thumbs??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

CatMama78
06-08-2004, 06:19 PM
AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH. why would someone do this to that poor baby?! Id like to chop the evil doers head off, after I pull his fingers off so he can suffer first.

catnapper
06-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Anything sharp would be too good for the jerk who hurt that poor baby. I like the idea of whacking it several million times with a blunt instrument until the fingers are finally severed. :mad: Each one of us could then get our very own turn to give it to him!

kimlovescats
06-08-2004, 08:59 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( God will deal with this senseless and heartless person.

jazzcat
06-08-2004, 09:08 PM
:( :( :(

slick
06-08-2004, 09:49 PM
I'd love to have the next whack and I don't mean feet or hands!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-08-2004, 10:39 PM
I get the twenty whacks after you, slick.

I don't understand what pushes people to comit such inearthly crimes like this. It makes me sick to my stomach, and sad that these people don't get a worse punishment. If you hit a child, or cut of it's fingers, you get pretty much a nice long time in a jail cell. How is this man being punished? He ISN'T EVEN BEING punished yet. An animal is a responsibility, and like a child. Take care of it or don't get one. :mad:

catmandu
06-09-2004, 09:11 AM
I would cover that Scum , with beef gravy , and let him loose , with Hunngry cats! That ius the worst thing that I have heard! The Found cats , Strays and Feeder are Praying That They can help this little Orangie! Please keep , us informed!And if I can get an address , and it will help , there will be AWA Mice ,for this Poor Little Angel!

DJFyrewolf36
06-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Sigh, people are sick, they really really are. If they can do this to an animal, what are they capable of doing to a child? People like that should be found and sterilized.

aki
06-09-2004, 10:48 AM
I just read this story in the local news. I think that this is horrible! That poor kitty must be in so much pain! It totally makes me sick.

NoahsMommy
06-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Reading that makes me ill. :(

PayItForward
06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
The sadest part is vets do the same thing and charge for it, but at least those cats get drugs :( :( :(

Grace
06-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward

The sadest part is vets do the same thing and charge for it, but at least those cats get drugs :( :( :(

Not quite PIF. This kitten had torn muscles and tendons; no effort was made to do it the way a Vet would. It was done by someone who had absolutely no knowledge of cat anatomy. The article doesn't get as specific as the TV newscast did.

ramanth
06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif
I HATE cruel people. Hate them! And the fact this was done in my State.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-09-2004, 02:22 PM
How sickening:(

ramanth
06-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Link to news story and picture/video of cat:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3395705/detail.html

PayItForward
06-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Not quite PIF. This kitten had torn muscles and tendons; no effort was made to do it the way a Vet would. It was done by someone who had absolutely no knowledge of cat anatomy. The article doesn't get as specific as the TV newscast did.
Thanks for correcting me... I hope the kitten gets better :(

guster girl
06-09-2004, 07:29 PM
People are so cruel. I knew a guy who wanted to dock his dog's tail himself. Someone stole the dog before he could do it, though. :) I hope this kitten is able to live and have the use of his limbs and paws. Hope we'll get updated!

Grace
06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
. . . . . Hope we'll get updated!

I'm going to try to call the Vet tomorrow and see how he is doing - and I want to donate some $ $ $ for his care.