PDA

View Full Version : Is your pet smart?

BitsyNaceyDog
06-08-2004, 12:28 PM
I have a few I consider "smart" such as Charlie and Jimmy. Most everyone else I would consider average, with the exception of "ditzy Bitsy", who is a stereotypical true blonde.

cali
06-08-2004, 05:45 PM
misty is a genius according to a doggie IQ test(it took her like 3 seconds to figer out a problem that was apperntly supoosed to take about 1 minute) perfected nearly every agility obstical in 20 minutes... well you get the idea lol happy is very very smart, but she could not be bothered with a doggie IQ test lol she is a workaholic, and not the doityourself type lol I tried to teach her how to hide, I put tape above her eye, and she just stared at me like, "I aint movin till ya get this thing offa me" :rolleyes: perky is rather smart too, well very smart actually, she is very good at problem solving, to prove that, well my dad put a chunk of cheese on top of the scanner, which was at the very top of the shelved computer desk, and moved the computer chair. perky pushed the chair to the desk, used it to climb onto the desk, climb up, and take the cheese off the scanner! :eek: Ripley on the other hand is a dork, lol he is not the sharpest tool in the shed to put it bluntly, blair is smart but not as smart as the border babies, and shadow is pretty smart too, she tought herself everything she knows, including how to ask to be let out, how to ask to come in, what volume she should bark at certain times, how many times she should bark etc..

PrincessPP
06-24-2004, 03:29 PM
too smart for her own good .. :D

anna_66
06-29-2004, 07:19 AM
I would have to say that Angus and Roxey are very smart, but Huney...
I like the way KBlaix said it best:
she is a stereotypical true blonde:D

Tonya
07-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Dusty is intelligent in an obedient kind of way. He's quick to learn things and has alot of common sense. (Like don't jump out of the truck while moving, don't walk out to sniff moving cars, etc...)

Roxy, on the other hand is intuitive. (At least I think that is the word.) She is very keen on picking up on if people are old, young, sick, healthy, playful, mean, etc... She is excellent at judging characters and acts accordingly. And she is very intelligent when it comes to escaping. I've seen her do everything from scoot her dog house against the fence and stack wood on it to escape, to unlatch complicated locks.

But the few times Roxy and Dusty escaped, I know it was Dusty's smarts that kept Roxy alive.

stacwase
07-17-2004, 07:48 PM
One thing Max has taught me is that you don't have to be smart to be absolutely, positively loveable!

Max is extremely trainable but he lacks common sense. He escaped one day this winter and ran down to go swimming in the lake. There was still ice floating on the top of it!!

He attacked a porcupine. I guess he must have been mad about the quills, because he attacked it again. And again. And again.

cloverfdx
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Clover is reasonably smart, but as Shayna said "Not the sharpest tool in the shed" ;), It has only taken her nearly 6 years to learn all Novice Obedience commands, a few tricks and how to play Flyball. ;)

Elvis on the other hand is 10 months old and in my eyes in one smart dawg *Too smart for his own good someone said*, he learns new tricks in a matter of minutes and has taken to Obedience and Flyball commands very quickly.

Penny is well Daft, or just VERY stubborn.

And Theodore is a smart little guy, he learns new commands and tricks just as quickly as Elvis.

binka_nugget
08-10-2004, 09:18 AM
I love Kaedyn and all but he's not the smartest dog around. He has no problems with obedience commands but he's not a do-it-yourself kind of dog.

Kai is an all-round smartie! It takes him a couple tries before he understands a command and he's a great problem solver.

primabella
08-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Mickey is a smart pup AND very clever. He'll outwit me.. well used to. I've learned all his tricks now, hehehe.

micki76
08-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Chester is VERY smart. Too smart for his own good sometimes. Millie's very sweet and loving, but not too bright. :)

Toller 42
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Tango is the smartest dog I have ever had! I'm sure that has something to do with being a mix between 2 really intelligent breeds! Echo, I'm sure she is smart but she's really stubborn. Tia is smart but very forgetful, the only thing she remembers from obedience class is roll-over. Jesse is smart but she doesn't like to do alot now because she is old.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Blazer is practically as smart as they come! Of course, that's a border collie trait! He understands everything!

cloverfdx
09-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Millie's very sweet and loving, but not too bright.
I swear Millie and Penny were seperated at birth. :D

cookieluver7
10-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I can't say that my bunny is extremely smart, but what I can say is he knows where he can and can't go. He knows where his no-no corners are and I consider that pretty impressing for a little bunny!!!;)

Miranda_Rae
10-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes, Heidi is SMART! It some times drives me nuts because she can out smart me sometimes (I am ashamed to admit it :o), but for the most part I have got her "tricks" down pat! :D I have had people comment on her smartness, such as her Agility intstructors. :rolleyes:

Karen
10-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I put "yes, very smart" only because she is smarter and has more personality than people expect from a cute little bunny. She's not rocket scientist, but she is very good at figuring things out, differentiates completely between Paul and I (when he tries to play toreador with her, she just stares at him like he's insane, wheras she and I MUST play almost every morning) and between children and adults, and is just "no dumb bunny."

Of the dogs my family has had in my lifetime, Sheba, the Shepherd mix that was my first dog and best friend, was the smartest dog I have ever encountered, bar none. Freckles and Bruni, the St. Bernards, were kinda smart when they wanted to be, but pretty much big lovable doofuses, and Gracie, the Great Dane mix, was very sweet. (But really dumb, but it wasn't her fault.)