PDA

View Full Version : Tabitha potty questions

sirrahbed
06-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Hi Kim - some dumb questions:confused: I was not really kidding when I asked how did Tabitha learn to use her litter box. I read that these little babies, you have to take warm cloths and make them *GO*. Did you do this with Tabitha? How did she learn the cat box without a mommy cat? Is she just extra smart or what? We had foster kitties way back in the late 70's and we would put them in the box with some of their *duty* and take their paws and make little scoop motions and eventually they got the message. How do you guys with these bottle babies help them learn what they would normally learn from mom??
I am SERIOUS. (for a change:D )

~the roving toilet reporter:rolleyes:

catmandu
06-08-2004, 09:36 AM
When Tabitha is old enough , I have found that putting her , intothe litter box , and moving her pwas aropund , is generally enough to get the ball rooling , so to speak. And The other Cats , will teach her , by observation!

kimlovescats
06-08-2004, 09:52 AM
OH, Sorry Debbie.... I didn't realize you really wanted to know!!!
LOL!!! Well, yes for the first few weeks, I wiped Tabitha's little bottom several times a day and always after a meal, with a soft cloth. About 2 weeks ago, I put a small litter pan in her box .. and just set her in it and did her front paws in it. One morning, after a long night without peeing .... once she started sleeping all night .... she just went (on instinct) in her box!!! I still helped her along though, because she only did that out of desperation so to speak. However she soon began doing it several times a day on her own, but she wasn't pooping on her own yet. Soooo, I continued to do that for her ... well, ummm you know what I mean!:rolleyes: Anyway, day before yesterday .... I found her first poopy in the box .... she finally did it all by herself!!!! BIG GIRL!!!! :D

Basically, kitties have an instinct to bury their wastes! Another way that GOD takes care of things for us!!!;)

NoahsMommy
06-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Good girl Tabitha!!!! :)

sirrahbed
06-08-2004, 05:23 PM
PT is the ONLY place I could safely ask and learn these things:D

QueenScoopalot
06-08-2004, 05:55 PM
RIPLMAO...rolling in potty..never mind! That's Chip's game. Marshall has had the dogs doing his diapering duty since he was a day or two old, but now that he's in his new home Carla has been fretting over it. He is only a month old, and is peeing into a warm cloth, but hasn't pooped yet. If I don't get a potty report by morning, I think I'll have to "rent-a-dog"..or do it myself. He does seem to be using his litterpan to pee once in a while so he's learning! :) ;) :) It is instinct for them to use a potty as kittens. If it's pre-marked with some pee from another kitty then they catch on faster. :D

trayi52
06-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Funny, but with Grover, I done the same thing with her that Kim was doing. I would take a soft washcloth and clean her with it, and she would go potty. I done that for a long time, and then I would let her on the floor, and I started noticing she was leaving puddles, big puddles in one certain spot, along sometimes little poopies too. So I got her a litterbox, put her in it. She seem to know just what to do! She used it like a little pro.

I even have a picture somewhere, showing her next to her great big litterbox. She loved her litterbox. She just wants it to stay clean, even now, she sure does love her litterbox and insists on having a clean one.

Its like Kim and Jan said, I think they just have the instinct to dig and cover, just what God intended them to do! I would say God done a good job, when he built the cat!!

Willie:)

sirrahbed
06-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Well, I am very proud of little Tabitha!! She learns something new every day and is such a cutie. Even hubby comes to look at Tabitha videos and updates. I even gave him potty reports and he sorta grunted but I could tell he was pleased. Oh and by the way *roving toilet reporter* was an honor bestowed on me by either T&P's mom or Lori (Jazzcat) - I think it was Lori:D May have even been that brat CCL, not sure:rolleyes:
Kim - please keep us happy with Tabitha videos OK?
Yes, Willie, God did a great job when He made the cat!!
QSA - Funny about having to rent-a-dog!!:D

jazzcat
06-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Wow, I had no idea you had to do that to help her learn. The things you learn...

Debbie - it must have been CCL or T&P's mom who gave you that distinguised title but I do agree it is fitting.:D

christa
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Another way that GOD takes care of things for us!!!;)

He thought of everything, didn't He?!?! Don't you look at your kitties, or any animals, and wonder what He was thinking? it's Amazing!

kimlovescats
06-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by christa
He thought of everything, didn't He?!?! Don't you look at your kitties, or any animals, and wonder what He was thinking? it's Amazing!

Yes, Christa He thought of everything wonderful for us, because He loves us so much, and wants us to be happy!!!:)