PDA

View Full Version : I Feel So Sad For My Neighbors...

QueenScoopalot
06-07-2004, 09:11 PM
We've lived here in this neighborhood for 15 years now, and our neighbors have always adopted Great Danes. I'd find it hard owning a dog that is short lived, but Sandy & Howie love them. They're last two passed away a few months ago and they adopted a new girl from a shelter that shipped "Kelly" up from a southern state. I can't recall where, but their new girl was about a year old, and heartworm positive, but going through the treatment. They had her a few weeks when they found out she was pregnant. The treatment for heartworm is apparently an arsenic based one, and they felt the pups would be in bad shape so they aborted them. Poor Kelly didn't survive the spay surgery and is now at the RB with her puppies. :(

trayi52
06-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Jan, that is so sad!:( I just feel so sorry for them, I know they must be feeling so terrible right now. Please let them know they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in peace and play hard at the bridge with your babies,
Kelly.:(

Willie

delidog
06-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Oh How Sad!!!!
Your neighbors were just Trying to do the right thing for Kelly!!

Godspeed Dear Kelly & your pups....
Be happy and at Peace at the Bridge Dear Kelly...
My heart goes out to your neighbors....I don't know where you are located,but there are alot of Great Dane rescues newr me...maybe they should try a healthier pup this time??

I know,Nothing makes it any easier...

Hugs Dear Kelly

wolfie
06-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Oh, how sad. :( RIP Kelly, her pups, and all of Sandy & Howie's Danes from the past.

anna_66
06-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Oh my, that is so sad:( They must be heartbroken.

QueenScoopalot
06-08-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm sure they are heartbroken. Howie is quadraplegic and at home all day. He was like an excited little boy when they adopted Kelly. Sandy took it very easy on her, by not walking her too far. Then they find out she was pregnant...too sad. They're not going to adopt any new GDs for a little while.

kimlovescats
06-08-2004, 10:30 AM
How HORRIBLY SAD!!!!! :( :( :( I'm sure that these big-hearted people will make room for another ... but they must really be feeling down at the moment!!! :(

ramanth
06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
How terribly heartbreaking! :( :(

primabella
06-08-2004, 12:44 PM
That's so terrible. :(

RIP Kelly.