PDA

View Full Version : I applied for a job *prays*...

Desert Arabian
06-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Well, actually, I e-mailed the owner about the position to see if it was still open and if there was an age limit. I wish she'd e-mail me back like right now, ha ha, I am so giddy, I really hope I can get the job!!

It's in Montana at Rocking Tree Ranch. They are in need of a wrangler apprentice, I found the ad at DudeRanchJobs.com. Even if the Rocking Tree Ranch position is taken, there are a gazillion other ranches in need of summer help, I am bound to get a job at one of them *hopefully lol*.

Here's the info about the ranch and the job position:

Company - Rocking Tree Ranch - Montana
Rocking Tree Ranch is a historic working cattle and horse ranch in Montana's Big Sky Country. Our ranch is a real, working ranch run by our family and ranch staff. We invite guests to join us each summer to enjoy the adventures of western ranch life and spend a week living the life of a cowboy or cowgirl! Our dude and guest ranch is noted for our natural horsemanship, structured kids program for the little buckaroos, and almost 4000 acres of diverse riding terrain nestled in the middle of the scenic Rocky Mountains. As a working ranch, Rocking Tree Ranch is more than a dude ranch. Each guest becomes a part of our ranch family for the week and has the opportunity to participate as much, or as little, as they like in the cowboy way. We have a lot of activities lined up for the summer including cow work, branding, gourmet week, ranch roping, trail riding, cowboy school and Parelli natural horsemanship clinics. Our activities are set up for all skill levels and ages, including beginners.
Job Description
As a wrangler apprentice, you will learn and assist the wranglers with the following duties:  Gathering and feeding horses. Ensuring that the proper amount of water and feed is available.  Preparing horses for rides. Grooming, checking for health problems, tacking each animal, matching horses and riders by size, ability and experience if not prepared by head wrangler.  Guiding trail rides in a safe and caring manner.  Caring for sick and injured horses. Maintain clean, neat area for horse medicines.  Conducting riding instructions when in the arena and always on the trails  Conducting guest instruction of other ranch programs  Maintain and clean tack  Keeping all horse areas cleaned and free of manure.  Administering first-aid and reporting accidents  Assisting other departments when called on  Maintaining a western image at all times in dress, appearance and attitude.
Job Requirements
Employee must be able to lift 75 lbs., possess a current Red Cross First Aid/CPR certificate prior to arrival at RTR, and drive vehicles with a stick shift.
Compensation
horsemanship instruction, room and board

Here is the actual ranch website- take a peak!!! Rocking Tree Ranch (http://www.rockingtreeranch.com) They breed registered performance Quarter Horses too! That would be awesome to assist in the breeding program!
Oh man, oh man, oh man! I am so excited! I am dying to go out west and work on a ranch- either this summer or next summer. I hope that Mary e-mails me back soon!!

:D

Pray with me! LOL. :p

CamCamPup33
06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
*Im praying for you*

GOOD LUCK! :D

Karen
06-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Resrving my prayers until you find out if they have an age limit for employees. I don't know what the specific requirements are for Montana, and for ranch work, but often people have to 18 - legally considered an adult - to work in positions responsible for others' safety - or positions to do with handling money.

Not to be a downer, just wanting to inject a little caution/realism!

Lillycat
06-08-2004, 05:33 PM
what an interesting job description! what an interesting thing to do!!! good luck to you!!!

Desert Arabian
06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks! Still no word yet. I know I won't get it- but hey, I can still look around at other ranches and wait until I'm old enough...!