PDA

View Full Version : No time to waste! HELP!

joanofark
06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Sorry I should of put this on pet rescue but I was afraid no one would see it for a while.

I was with my friend Marianne (SAINT.PHILOMENMA) and we hear her little 4 year old brother scream. We went over and he was standing over a baby bird that was scooting around. It only has a little bit of hair on it's back. It must only be 2-4 weeks old. We can see it's nest with it's siblings in it but it is too hard to get up there to put it back in. What should I do?

HHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

bluekat
06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry but I really don't have any advice to give you:( I don't know that much about baby birds. But what I'd do is take him inside and wait until your parents come home and maybe ask them to help you put the baby bird back in its nest. I wouldn't just leave him outside since there's alot of animals that could eat him.
Good luck!:)

joanofark
06-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah you are right they do have cats.:eek:

Logan
06-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Last night, when we had the same problem, with one of our Cockatiel babies, we used an envelope, folded, to lift the baby back into the nest, without touching it. It worked, and mama bird is feeding it properly.

Perhaps that technique would work for you, without anyone touching the baby

Good luck!

Logan

joanofark
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
We can't reach the nest:(

BitsyNaceyDog
06-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Last night, when we had the same problem, with one of our Cockatiel babies, we used an envelope, folded, to lift the baby back into the nest, without touching it. It worked, and mama bird is feeding it properly.

actually that's a myth. The mother will not abandon her baby if it is touched by a human.

joanofark, I suggest calling a vet, most vets will take wild life. If you can't find one that's open try an emergency vet clinic, they will be open. If they wont take the baby, they hopefully can direct you to someone who has experience and can help you.

Put the baby into a box with paper towels. Put the box on a heating pad, on low. Even on low be sure it's not too hot. Make a little "cave" with the paper towel to cover him a bit.

Good luck.

joanofark
06-07-2004, 07:00 PM
We finally got it in it's nest!:) I did what bluecat told me too! We waited a parent to help. He stood on a chair and put it up in it's nest! I will let you all know how it is doing!:D :D :D

Keep checking back!

bluekat
06-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh that's good news!:D

Keep us updated!:)

joanofark
06-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh no! We went out to check on it and it was laying on the ground dead!:( :( :( :( :( Poor little guy! He must of go bumped out of his nest again! R.I.P

QueenScoopalot
06-07-2004, 07:10 PM
You tried with the baby. If any more fall out, take a basket that's not too deep, but deep enough for the baby, and parent birds to nest in it. Put soft dry grasses in it, and nail it to the tree. The parents will go back & forth and feed it, and hopefully keep the nestling warm. Baby bird season is tough and many don't make it sad to say. :( You did your best though. ;)

joanofark
06-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Okay I will keep an eye on them.

bluekat
06-07-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that:( Well, at least you tried to help it. Hope the other ones stay safe in the nest.

joanofark
06-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah I tryed my best;) Thank you for all the help and replys everyone!